The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

And now 10's of millions have lost their minimum wage - can't even pay the rent jobs and the Repubs think less amount unemployment payments are spoiling these jobless citizens?

The "one time" stimulus checks of $1,200 is all the extra many got for 4 months!

Ours went the next day. My car's radiator went out. Battery too. Brakes were gone in front. $1,400 bill.

Yes, the extra $600 ( for some ) has helped for sure, but that 3 month long amount has finished and wouldn't cover these Republican legislator's basic household expenses.

And know this incredibly sad fact.

There are still millions of unemployed Americans who don't even qualify for unemployment!

How the heck are they getting by?

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Joe, they aren't, they're being pushed to the end of their rope. This motto is on the Statue of Liberty, "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."  The Republicans and "Fearless Leader" are attempting to block anyone from coming to the US because they are creating our own home grown American huddled masses and wretched refuse in order to advance their fascist system where they never lose power.

Joe and David:

Trump and the Republican Party that is now a Russian asset are carrying out the strategy devised by Putin for the destruction of America.  All their measures amount to he genocide of millions of Americans. 

Even the military can no longer be counted on as Trump has put his people in the key civilian and service positions.

Carl Bernstein says the current White House political strategy is to end up throwing the election for president into the House of Representatives for the final decision as to who is the winner. Despite there are more Democrats than Republicans in the House, the rule book for deciding who would be president favors the Republicans as the House is now constituted.

17 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

How come no one is commenting on the explosion in Beirut?

Its massive.

It looks like a nuke.

First reports were saying it was a fireworks factory. No friggin way.

I don't know if you are on Twitter, but if you are search out Carlos Osweda's write up on the explosion. I think he nails it.

Anyways, buckle up it's gonna be an "explosive" next couple of months!

23 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Joe and David:

Trump and the Republican Party that is now a Russian asset are carrying out the strategy devised by Putin for the destruction of America.  All their measures amount to he genocide of millions of Americans. 

Even the military can no longer be counted on as Trump has put his people in the key civilian and service positions.

Carl Bernstein says the current White House political strategy is to end up throwing the election for president into the House of Representatives for the final decision as to who is the winner. Despite there are more Democrats than Republicans in the House, the rule book for deciding who would be president favors the Republicans as the House is now constituted.

You ought to find some backers and take out full-page newspaper ads to try and get out the DEM vote.

How do we know Biden isn't in on this?  There's a pandemic, and his campaign is a snooze.

4 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Now I'm curious.  Are the Yo-Semites one of the lost tribes of Israel described in the Book of Mormon?  🤥

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

How come no one is commenting on the explosion in Beirut?

Its massive.

It looks like a nuke.

First reports were saying it was a fireworks factory. No friggin way.

Crazy. I'm sure they'd know whether it was a hike or not. Ammo /explosives storage depot? Taint no car bomb.

I really hate to say this, but I fear the choice of a black female for vice president will actually hurt the Democratic vote.

Please, this is not a reflection of my personal feelings regards race relations in our country.

My entire life history is one of respect, empathy and real interaction in the cause of improving the lives and rights of black Americans.

Maybe sometime I will write a fuller post piece of my rather unique life experience in this regards.

So, with this personal racial respect inner truth, I believe that in this particular election, it isn't the right time to choose a black woman VP candidate.

I sense too many voters in the so-called "independent/undecided" category of our country might very well feel this specific racial Democratic Party VP choice has been forced on them by a very aggressive single political agenda group versus a broader political interest choice.

I fear this may be the emotional "backlash" of too many independent voters ( hugely fed and encouraged by the massively financed Republican campaign marketing machine ) because I believe more people in this group have less than totally sympathetic feelings toward Black Americans than we generally know. 

I am saying that America is still to this day, more racist than we understand imo.

This is not a statement that any of these VP candidates are not qualified for the position.

And I am voting for Biden, no matter who he chooses for his VP.

Just wanted to express my concern for the best possible political course for the Democrats to win this November.

Will move this to the Trump forum if so ordered.

Edited by Joe Bauer

From the article: BEIRUT — A "colossal" explosion that rocked the port area of Lebanon's capital on Tuesday, killing dozens and injuring thousands, happened at a warehouse where tons of ammonium nitrate was being stored, the country's prime minister said.

"I will not rest until we find the person responsible for what happened, to hold him accountable and impose the most severe penalties," Prime Minister Hassan Diab said.

Diab said it was "unacceptable" that a shipment of ammonium nitrate estimated at 2,750 tons had been in warehouse for six years without "preventive measures" in place to protect it. The chemical compound, which is commercially available, is used widely in fertilizers and explosives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/large-explosion-rocks-port-area-beirut-cause-unclear-n1235767

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

You ought to find some backers and take out full-page newspaper ads to try and get out the DEM vote.

How do we know Biden isn't in on this?  There's a pandemic, and his campaign is a snooze.

My position has always been that Biden as president will be a mediocre one. His VP pick will be all important as most likely Biden will resign in one year for health reasons. If it is Susan Rice, it will be Obama 2.0, with little to show for voting Democratic.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/carl-bernstein-reports-white-house-chatter-about-throwing-2020-election-to-house

Edited by Douglas Caddy

21 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

George Floyd body cam footage leaked. You are not seeing it on the MSM because it does not fit the narrative.

I saw it, and, sad and miserable as it is, it doesn't tell any more than was already observable from the street anti-crime cameras and the cellphone video taken by bystanders.  What it shows was predictable from what was already available on the net.

I just viewed video of the Beirut explosion...WOW!

Honestly, it looked like a mini atomic bomb explosion!

You've really got to see this.

It reminded me of film from the early 1950's of Nevada atomic bomb tests.

Where troops are in bunkers with goggles on?

There was this super bright flash and then an enormous white ball of gaseous cloud with what looked like a thinner, vertical, mushroom on top type darker brown cloud rising straight up above the lower gaseous cloud.

I still almost can't believe what I saw.

You could also see the incredible concussion coming from this as the camera taking the film jerked heavily when it happened.

Edited by Joe Bauer

33 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I saw it, and, sad and miserable as it is, it doesn't tell any more than was already observable from the street anti-crime cameras and the cellphone video taken by bystanders.  What it shows was predictable from what was already available on the net.

Dave, I haven't seen the film. Maybe you can be an interpreter for  Wheeler's comments to me.

Wheeler:Keith Ellis could have released the footage day one, but then it might have been impossible to get a riot or let alone 180 or so going. 

First off, He's got the AG's name wrong. It's Ellison. He thinks if the film was released on day one, no one would have rioted?? How could that possibly be? You showed us the cellphone video that i thought was so incendiary, with a person on the street persistently telling the police that they're seriously hurting him and asking the police to  desists and let him up. I had no idea if the demonstrators had seen that at the time, but as I say, I thought at the time that was  incendiary as hell!.

Can you tell me what Wheeler he means when he says it doesn't fit the narrative? .

Wheeler: Man, the desperation. Not just here, but in Minneapolis as well. Those of you getting $23 an hour to be here are the most pathetic.

Not just here? Who here is getting the $23 an hour, he's talking about whose pathetic? I thought in Minnesota  he might be making some claim about paid protestors?

It won't be the first time I've thought his depictions were completely off the wall.Can you interpret any of this for me?

The cops had a gun pulled on Floyd while he was in his car.  Before he was even arrested.  Can you imagine on suspicion of a fake twenty dollar bill?

The guy in Atlanta for stalling up a Wendy's line on his daughter's birthday.

I saw another of these the other night on You Tube.  The cops got a complaint about noise in an apartment complex.  They go to the guy's door. The cops had their guns pulled before he opened the door.  He either panicked or wanted to talk to his girlfriend so he turned around.  They shot him dead.

The police in this country, augmented by their so called unions, by the GOP, and by the ridiculous court rulings that changed probable cause into reasonable suspicion, are completely out of control.  They have become little more than vigilante bands in many cases.  When cops are shooting a thousand people a year for loitering at Wendy's, passing fake twenties, and making noise in a complex, this is the complete victory of the NRA and the rabid right.