The Education Forum

Kamala Harris and the RFK assassination

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

The fallacy of this all-too-prevalent "Both Sider-ism" is the false assumption that there are no true facts pertaining to matters of public policy, or valid ethical precepts, and that both sides in "partisan" political disputes are equally erroneous.

It's an absurd concept-- as if, for example, there are no valid scientific facts or moral principles supporting the wearing of masks during the COVID pandemic, or reducing the burning of fossil fuels to prevent climate change!

But both sides are full of xxxx, neither of them are trustworthy, and they both constantly lie.

So, you can call it a fallacy or whatever, but I know that neither Joe Biden nor Donald Trump deserve my trust or my vote and they're both garbage.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

But both sides are full of xxxx, neither of them are trustworthy, and they both constantly lie.

So, you can call it a fallacy or whatever, but I know that neither Joe Biden nor Donald Trump deserve my trust or my vote and they're both garbage.

Yes they are both untrustworthy and lie.  But only one at least pretends to address issues important to me like health care, racism, the environment, social security and more.  So I will vote, it's about the only thing I can do in the near future, for the future.

1 minute ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yes they are both untrustworthy and lie.  But only one at least pretends to address issues important to me like health care, racism, the environment, social security and more.  So I will vote, it's about the only thing I can do in the near future, for the future.

I don't believe that one addresses issues in a way that is any better than the other, to me, I know we're going to be worse off no matter which one wins and either candidate is going to hurt the country, in differing ways.

I truly do not support Joe Biden in the slightest, he's awful and it'll be a travesty if he wins. The same applies to Donald Trump. So it doesn't matter who I vote for, because no one outcome is better than another. It's a matter of choosing which lethal poison you want to eat. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

I don't believe that one addresses issues in a way that is any better than the other, to me, I know we're going to be worse off no matter which one wins and either candidate is going to hurt the country, in differing ways.

I truly do not support Joe Biden in the slightest, he's awful and it'll be a travesty if he wins. The same applies to Donald Trump. So it doesn't matter who I vote for, because no one outcome is better than another. It's a matter of choosing which lethal poison you want to eat. 

Eat the rich.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=eat+the+rich&docid=608018849305528255&mid=3CA8530945E2D4949C3F3CA8530945E2D4949C3F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

10 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

Well, as the proverbial saying goes, "Opinions are like the distal ends of our alimentary canals.  Everyone has one."  

Thanks for sharing, but you might want to study the policy positions of Biden and Trump on crucial issues like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the ACA, environmental protection, climate change, and Trickle Down Economic tax cuts for billionaires.

As W. says. There are real issues that effect everyone. Probably the best  evaluation you can make of a politician is where they stand on issues that are important to you. Judging whether politicians lie is very intrinsic but not really realistic as all politicians can lie. But it's true, in a greater sense the element of "content of character" has to come into play in evaluating any politician or leader. Specifically, in your preference, as far as lying you have a choice between a pathological xxxx on a scale never seen before in American politics, and a normal politician level of deceit. But there's more to it than that.

What I've noticed is that people do feel a pressure to have, if not a political affiliation, at least in a loose sense, a political view. It is sort of seen as a bedrock of what it means to be a citizen, and creates a lot of anxiety.

Often when I hear statements like "But both sides are full of xxxx, neither of them are trustworthy, and they both constantly lie, human garbage" etc.,  an almost religious moral condemnation, and absent of any real issues, often shows me that someone is so overwhelmed with information that he's not able to harness his critical faculties, to a point that he  feels any comfortability to be responsible for taking a stand.
I say that only as an observation, and not in any pejorative sense.

its pretty simple, Biden will be better domestically, which is pretty easy, and he will likely be worse in foreign policy.