Jump to content
The Education Forum

Kamala Harris and the RFK assassination


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

I have zero faith in it and find both parties and their candidates equally appalling. However, there are many folks who are diehard political partisans, their very identity is defined by their party alignment. The entire world is a political construct that doesn't represent reality in any way, and they argue from a position entrenched in that fantasy-world.

Partisans and ideologues will be the fall of your great country unfortunately. Maybe it’s just Caronavirus blues but I’m just not bothered by politics anymore. Spending my time reading books on this topic and others. Much more enjoyable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

I have zero faith in it and find both parties and their candidates equally appalling. However, there are many folks who are diehard political partisans, their very identity is defined by their party alignment. The entire world is a political construct that doesn't represent reality in any way, and they argue from a position entrenched in that fantasy-world.

The fallacy of this all-too-prevalent "Both Sider-ism" is the false assumption that there are no true facts pertaining to matters of public policy, or valid ethical precepts, and that both sides in "partisan" political disputes are equally erroneous.

It's an absurd concept-- as if, for example, there are no valid scientific facts or moral principles supporting the wearing of masks during the COVID pandemic, or reducing the burning of fossil fuels to prevent climate change!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Flip a coin as to which is worse.

The Cruz thing was just a kind of abuse of information and a total disregard for the facts.  Roger Stone fostered it through Judith Baker.  And then gave it to Trump.  It did not fly at first.  In Cohen's book he says that Trump decided to go on TV to make it more public and he did and it worked.  Even though its not him in the picture.

Harris did not want to be stuck as being the person who caused Sirhan to be set free.  And she did not want to be the person who explained why he should be set free since she thought that would hurt her career.  But it also fit in with the kind of AG she was, a law and order Dem.

I didn't know the whole Ted Cruz dad in the picture/involved with Oswald thing was fostered by Roger Stone, through Judith Baker.  That's very interesting.  Another enlightening bit of information in a bigger picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

The fallacy of this all-too-prevalent "Both Sider-ism" is the false assumption that there are no true facts pertaining to matters of public policy, or valid ethical precepts, and that both sides in "partisan" political disputes are equally erroneous.

It's an absurd concept-- as if, for example, there are no valid scientific facts or moral principles supporting the wearing of masks during the COVID pandemic, or reducing the burning of fossil fuels to prevent climate change!

But both sides are full of xxxx, neither of them are trustworthy, and they both constantly lie.

So, you can call it a fallacy or whatever, but I know that neither Joe Biden nor Donald Trump deserve my trust or my vote and they're both garbage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

But both sides are full of xxxx, neither of them are trustworthy, and they both constantly lie.

So, you can call it a fallacy or whatever, but I know that neither Joe Biden nor Donald Trump deserve my trust or my vote and they're both garbage.

Yes they are both untrustworthy and lie.  But only one at least pretends to address issues important to me like health care, racism, the environment, social security and more.  So I will vote, it's about the only thing I can do in the near future, for the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yes they are both untrustworthy and lie.  But only one at least pretends to address issues important to me like health care, racism, the environment, social security and more.  So I will vote, it's about the only thing I can do in the near future, for the future.

I don't believe that one addresses issues in a way that is any better than the other, to me, I know we're going to be worse off no matter which one wins and either candidate is going to hurt the country, in differing ways.

I truly do not support Joe Biden in the slightest, he's awful and it'll be a travesty if he wins. The same applies to Donald Trump. So it doesn't matter who I vote for, because no one outcome is better than another. It's a matter of choosing which lethal poison you want to eat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

I don't believe that one addresses issues in a way that is any better than the other, to me, I know we're going to be worse off no matter which one wins and either candidate is going to hurt the country, in differing ways.

I truly do not support Joe Biden in the slightest, he's awful and it'll be a travesty if he wins. The same applies to Donald Trump. So it doesn't matter who I vote for, because no one outcome is better than another. It's a matter of choosing which lethal poison you want to eat. 

Eat the rich.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=eat+the+rich&docid=608018849305528255&mid=3CA8530945E2D4949C3F3CA8530945E2D4949C3F&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

I don't believe that one addresses issues in a way that is any better than the other, to me, I know we're going to be worse off no matter which one wins and either candidate is going to hurt the country, in differing ways.

I truly do not support Joe Biden in the slightest, he's awful and it'll be a travesty if he wins. The same applies to Donald Trump. So it doesn't matter who I vote for, because no one outcome is better than another. It's a matter of choosing which lethal poison you want to eat. 

Well, as the proverbial saying goes, "Opinions are like the distal ends of our alimentary canals.  Everyone has one."  

Thanks for sharing, but you might want to study the policy positions of Biden and Trump on crucial issues like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the ACA, environmental protection, climate change, and Trickle Down Economic tax cuts for billionaires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As W. says. There are real issues that effect everyone. Probably the best  evaluation you can make of a politician is where they stand on issues that are important to you. Judging whether politicians lie is very intrinsic but not really realistic as all politicians can lie. But it's true, in a greater sense the element of "content of character" has to come into play in evaluating any politician or leader. Specifically, in your preference, as far as lying you have a choice between a pathological xxxx on a scale never seen before in American politics, and a normal politician level of deceit. But there's more to it than that.
 
What I've noticed is that people do feel a pressure to have, if not a political affiliation, at least in a loose sense, a political view. It is sort of seen as a bedrock of what it means to be a citizen, and creates a lot of anxiety.
 
Often when I hear statements like "But both sides are full of xxxx, neither of them are trustworthy, and they both constantly lie, human garbage" etc.,  an almost religious moral condemnation, and absent of any real issues, often shows me that someone is so overwhelmed with information that he's not able to harness his critical faculties, to a point that he  feels any comfortability to be responsible for taking a stand.
I say that only as an observation, and not in any pejorative sense.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...