The Education Forum

Olive Branches to Jeff Carter, & Robert Wheeler

Biden Watch

Potential Biden Officials’ Firm Is Promising Big Profits Off Those Connections

https://www.dailyposter.com/p/breaking-potential-biden-officials

Two former government officials who may now run President-elect Joe Biden’s national security team have been partners at a private equity firm now promising investors big profits off government business because of its ties to those officials, according to government documents reviewed by The Daily Poster.

Pine Island Capital Partners lists former Under Secretary of Defense Michele Flournoy and retired General Lloyd Austin as a partner in the firm, and lists former Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken as a partner on a leave of absence. Flournoy and Austin are reportedly among the leading candidates being considered for Secretary of Defense, and Blinken is Biden’s designated nominee for Secretary of State. Pine Island’s chairman is John Thain, the former top executive at Merrill Lynch when the company paid out huge executive bonuses as it began to collapse during the financial crisis

Flournoy and Blinken’s ties to Pine Island were first reported by The American Prospect.

</q>

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, fellas, since David Andrews posted some stuff by guys from his old high school, I'm going to crash this underground punk party with two soulful tunes by guys from my old high school, Denver East-- alma mater of Douglas Fairbanks, Judy Collins, and Jack Kerouac's road-tripping pal, Neal Cassidy.

Phillip Bailey-- one of the founders of Earth, Wind, and Fire-- graduated from Denver East in 1969, along with EW&F saxophonist Andrew Woolfolk.
     Bailey has a vocal range of four octaves, and is best known for the falsetto vocals of EW&F.
    EW&F recorded their first platinum album-- Way of the World-- at the Caribou Ranch near Nederland, Colorado in 1975. 

Damn, these guys were good!!
    Go, East Angels!!

Edited by W. Niederhut

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Yo, fellas, since David Andrews posted some stuff by guys from his old high school

Well, college, actually.  They just sound like high school.  Hose did have a following, though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hose_(band)

But not like this guy...

Edited by David Andrews

8 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I saw the Isley Brothers in a concert at a small venue in Denver, called Ebbet's Field, in about 1974 or '75.  I remember sitting right next to the stage.  They were cooking that night.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Second favorite music is Ozric Tentacles. They've been making wonderful music for almost 40 years

2015:

1984: