The Education Forum

Death of the Tumbling Bullet

Nice article by our own Mr. Cole.

Incorporates a lot of new material. I like that reinterpretation of the JBC turn and hit. I had heard this before, but here its more effectively presented.

And that stuff about the bullet hole in JBC's shirt is new to me. Baden was such a BSer.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-death-of-the-tumbling-magic-bullet-theory-the-governor-s-shirt-the-president-s-shirt-and-the-overlooked-dr-robert-shaw

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James D-

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute to the JFKA community. 

And yes, that sure is a small bullet hole in the rear of Connally's shirt (3/8ths by 3/8ths, and possibly artificially enlarged to test fabric), to have been made by a large ( 1/4" diameter by 1 1/4" long) tumbling bullet striking sideways.  

I am an old dog now. Lost more than a few steps. But this may be my best work yet, due to some luck finding the forgotten photos of the Connally shirt. 

I hope everyone in the JFKA reads this article, and contributes to James D's essential website. 

From Wesley Buell Frazier to Mary Moorman to Robert MacNeil, the shot sequence is exactly as described by Dallas Sheriff Seymour Weitzman at the end of the article:

(WC Attorney) Joe Ball: How many shots did you hear?

Seymour Weitzman: Three distinct shots.

Joe Ball: How were they spaced?

Seymour Weitzman: First one, then the second two seemed to be simultaneously.

I could never figure out how that jibed with the Zapruder film but this article explains how Connally was hit right before the final shot.

I still believe there was an earlier missed shot that caused James Tague’s wound. I think it’s clear from ZF that JFK stops waving for a moment, a little girl in a white sweater stops running toward the president and looks toward the TSBD, and Connally looks grim and to his left.

Not sure why Connally never mentions this because it’s clear to me he’s heard something out of the ordinary.

But that also messes up the 3-shot sequence that so many seemed to have heard.

Either way, this is case closed on the MBT. Nice job!

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

My default browser is Microsoft Edge and I could not open any of the links.  I tried to open the last link with Google Chrome and it worked!

OK, good.

I really think his re interpretation of JBC being hit, much later than 237-240, is interesting. Like I said, I have heard this before, but never presented this effectively. 

As is the hole in JBC's shirt.

I think its an important article.  Nice job Ben.

Thanks James-

Yeah, I cannot figure out the "JBC was hit around 237/240" viewpoint. 

That timing still posits that JBC makes a 180-degree turn in his seat, after being shot through the chest, to try to see JFK. And JBC and his wife remember the shot to JBC as immediately incapacitating (well, yes, one would think). 

It is in the literature that JBC once reviewed the Z-film and said he thought he was shot somewhere around 238, but I wonder if he had single-frame freezes, like readily available today online. 

Sheesh, anything is possible, like simple disinformation is out there about what Connally said, or perhaps Connally made a guess based on watching a celluloid movie running, which is hard to do.  

5 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

From Wesley Bueller Frazier to Mary Moorman to Robert MacNeil, the shot sequence is exactly as described by Dallas Sheriff Seymour Weitzman at the end of the article:

(WC Attorney) Joe Ball: How many shots did you hear?

Seymour Weitzman: Three distinct shots.

Joe Ball: How were they spaced?

Seymour Weitzman: First one, then the second two seemed to be simultaneously.

I could never figure out how that jibed with the Zapruder film but this article explains how Connally was hit right before the final shot.

I still believe there was an earlier missed shot that caused James Tague’s wound. I think it’s clear from ZF that JFK stops waving for a moment, a little girl in a white sweater stops running toward the president and looks toward the TSBD, and Connally looks grim and to his left.

Not sure why Connally never mentions this because it’s clear to me he’s heard something out of the ordinary.

But that also messes up the 3-shot sequence that so many seemed to have heard.

Either way, this is case closed on the MBT. Nice job!

Michaleen K--

Yes, there likely was more than three shots. There may have been use of silencers; or there were simultaneous shots; or echoes that blended into subsequent shots; and so on. Even non-simultaneous shots can be heard simultaneously, if shooters are varying distances from the listener. 

James Tague may have been hit by a ricochet from separate shot, but one that fired at the same time at the first or second shots at the limo. It is interesting that the FBI extracted lead, but no copper, from the curb where the bullet struck near Tague. 

That indicates a non-copper jacketed bullet.

Max Holland, in some contortions, once posited LHO shot at JFK soon after the limo turned onto Elm, but the bullet struck a light pole, and the lead from inside the bullet squished out and headed down towards Tague and struck the curb there, pushing up concrete splinters into Tague's face. 

So, in Holland's world, there are two magic bullets.  

7 hours ago, Dan Rice said:

This one doesn't work for me nor the original link.

Try this: 

Unfortunately, the link was distributed before the article was published. Anyone who attempted to load the link before it was published will have the login screen in their browser cache. People in this situation can do a “hard reset” of the page in their browser (e.g. command-shift-R for Chrome on Mac) or they can load the link in an incognito window. 

58 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

That timing still posits that JBC makes a 180-degree turn in his seat, after being shot through the chest, to try to see JFK.

Connally said he did see the president. He said he saw the president slumped.