The Education Forum

A question regarding the RAMBLER

57 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

This McIntire photo was taken a few minutes after the shooting by Oswald. We would see Frazier’s car had that tree not be there.

I am at a loss in studying these photos, particularly the one labeled "McIntire".  In this picture the TSBD (back side) is on the left of the photo and the Sunshine Biscuit factory is on the right.  I could not reconcile this in my mind, so I looked the location of the Biscuit factory building.  This building is located at 603 Munger Ave (since 1903).  Using an aerial photo and Google Maps, I find the only way to get an image of the depository angled such that it would appear to the left of the TSBD is to be at least 4 blocks to the NE of the depository almost up to N. Griffith St on the 366 Hwy (today).  Something is still not right with the building size/perspective even with this. You can clearly read "Texas School Book Depository" on the building, but it (the building), appears way too large and there is a building showing that is taller than the TSBD.  Is this possibly the other warehouse being used by the TSBD instead of the building the shooting occurred at (supposedly)?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Richard Price said:

I am at a loss in studying these photos, particularly the one labeled "McIntire".  In this picture the TSBD (back side) is on the left of the photo and the Sunshine Biscuit factory is on the right.  I could not reconcile this in my mind, so I looked the location of the Biscuit factory building.  This building is located at 603 Munger Ave (since 1903).  Using an aerial photo and Google Maps, I find the only way to get an image of the depository angled such that it would appear to the left of the TSBD is to be at least 4 blocks to the NE of the depository almost up to N. Griffith St on the 366 Hwy (today).  Something is still not right with the building size/perspective even with this. You can clearly read "Texas School Book Depository" on the building, but it (the building), appears way too large and there is a building showing that is taller than the TSBD.  Is this possibly the other warehouse being used by the TSBD instead of the building the shooting occurred at (supposedly)?

The building reading TSBD with the arrow above is the old TSBD on Houston Street. In November 1963, they were moving from that building to the TSBD on 411 Elm Street. Some employees like Ed Shields were working in that old building. That’s at this old TSBD where Shields saw Frazier and asked him, “Where is your ride?” meaning Oswald. Knowing that it was very rare that Frazier gave a ride to Oswald on a Friday, it’s strange that Shields asked the question.

42 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

The building reading TSBD with the arrow above is the old TSBD on Houston Street.

Thanks Denis, that was the missing piece.  I managed to find an aerial picture which depicted the area and was able to reconstruct the angles.  That was much farther away than I had realized.  I remember reading about employees working at one warehouse and being sent over to work at the other and just assumed they were walking a short distance (at least a shorter distance than this appears to be).

B6DF2EF9-C6CE-4D1C-9CB3-886DE3A60411.jpeg

I really don't understand the McIntire photo at all.  First off there is a railroad track there.  The TSBD is east of the railroad tracks/Triple Underpass.  the small roofed building appears to be Bower's tower which is west of the TSBD.  So, that probably isn't Bowers tower.  And, the building labelled TSBD doesn't appear to be the building at all.

Here are other McIntire photos taken from a different perspective.

Mc-Intyre-photo-2a.jpg

This photo clearly shows what the TSBD looks like from the west side.

And, further down the road:

Mc-Intyre-photo-3-showing-ghost-train-1.

McIntire is on the approach to the Stemmons.  This is west of the TSBD.  It shows the west side and the north side of the TSBD.  

The question is if McIntire is over here approaching the Stemmons how did he take the photo in question?  If that TSBD is the old building that might explain things.  But, how did McIntire take that photo?

What's always bothered me is if McIntire took the second photo of the SS car and then took the next, third photo of the p. limo further down the street. The question that always bothered me is how did he get down the street so quickly in order to beat the p. limo there.  I don't have an explanation, but Richard Trask in Pictures of The Pain does.  IMO, some people just write anything and expect one to believe it.  I don't buy Trask's explanation for this photo.

He said "Later still McIntire, returning to his car up on the Stemmons Freeway near the Continental Avenue exit ramp snapped off his third shot".  What bothers me is how he got to Continental Avenue before the p. limo?  Supposedly, he is up on the Stemmons Freeway in an elevated position.  The photo appears to be taken on the ground and level with the p. limo.  

Looking at Google Earth one sees this.  Continental Avenue is a long way off and the p. limo would be on the Stemmons long before McIntire would have been capable of taking the picture.  So, who took it?

continental-avenue-and-stemmons-freeway.

Strange.  I have problems with Trask's work.  

Edited by John Butler

On 9/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, Denis Morissette said:

The building reading TSBD with the arrow above is the old TSBD on Houston Street. In November 1963, they were moving from that building to the TSBD on 411 Elm Street. Some employees like Ed Shields were working in that old building. That’s at this old TSBD where Shields saw Frazier and asked him, “Where is your ride?” meaning Oswald. Knowing that it was very rare that Frazier gave a ride to Oswald on a Friday, it’s strange that Shields asked the question.

Richard,

Thanks.  Denis' post is very interesting.  A good question is when did the 6th floor flooring crew get assigned to the TSBD at Elm and Houston.  I have forgotten which direction the old TSBD is from the new across from the Dal-Tex.  If south or North of the new TSBD then that should disrupt a lot of conspiracy thinking.  If Oswald took the job and was at the old TSBD how could one blame him for setting up an ambush on the presidential motorcade on Elm Street ahead of time.  One could say those in the know, Ruth Paine, CIA, etc., would perhaps know about the Dallas Motorcade passing the new TSBD and plans were made to shift Oswald from the old to the new in time for that event.

As far as I know witness testimony reads as if Oswald was always at the new TSBD.

Denis is indicating that Shields, Frazier, and Oswald were at the old TSBD long enough to learn each others habits and behavior.  From the photo the old TSBD looks like an adequate building to store and transmit books to schools.  And, that raises questions of why make a new TSBD and spend a lot of money renovating an old building?  

Edited by John Butler

7 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

How about.. simply because they needed more space?

Very possible.  But, you know us conspiracists we are suspicious of just about everything.  It's the difference between a cynic and a believer.  The JFKA has made me a hard core cynic.

Edited by John Butler