The Education Forum

Pat Speer Live from the Sixth Floor (with Alan Dale)

Pat Speer

Pat, considering what you mention here and at the start of the conversation you sound great.  Up beat, lucid and unhesitant in your answers and comments.  I hope that's a sign you will be a long term survivor.  I had to laugh with you and Alan regarding your CIA "connections".  Quite an informative discussion as well.  Hang in there.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Thanks to all for the kind words and support. I'm back home and doing much better. Still locked up at home essentially for the next 2 1/2 months due to my ongoing diet of immuno-suppressants, which are designed to prevent my rejecting my sister's stem cells. This is particularly annoying in that I spent much of my time in the hospital watching restaurant commercials, craving the food, and the doctors now insist I abstain from eating ANY restaurant food for 2 1/2 months, and only eat food that has been scrubbed and cooked at specific temperatures... So no sushi for me, or even In-N-Out burger...

Some fun facts...

When fully-engrafted, my sister's stem cells will change my blood type to her blood type...

I'm part of a study trying to determine if I will become vaccinated against COVID-19 via my sister's stem cells...

As bad as I had it--terrible gut issues for weeks on end--there were a number of patients on the sixth floor who have had numerous relapses--and have been confined there for YEARS, including the year leading up to this March, in which NO visitors were allowed. To me, the hospital felt like prison, but to these poor souls it really is a prison.

Early on in my treatment, one of my doctors told me he felt confident my getting leukemia was not simply bad luck, and that he felt confident I'd had a long-time exposure to a toxic chemical. This led me to remember that a record warehouse I'd worked in for 7 years had had a toxic spill five years before we moved in, that had supposedly been cleaned up. I then contacted the EPA, and a water district, which confirmed that toxic chemicals linked to various cancers and specifically leukemia have been found on-site from 2002 to last year. The problem is that the spill/chlorine gas leak was in 1989, and my company was in the building from 94 to 01. I am currently in touch with a family friend/lawyer who is looking into this, and trying to determine if the site was tested between 1989 and 2001, and, if not, why not. So, geez Louise, I could very well be sucked into investigating a conspiracy related to my own death, and, if not, a number of my former co-workers. This feels both ironic and somehow not surprising.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:30 PM, Pat Speer said:

Thanks to all for the kind words and support. I'm back home and doing much better. Still locked up at home essentially for the next 2 1/2 months due to my ongoing diet of immuno-suppressants, which are designed to prevent my rejecting my sister's stem cells. This is particularly annoying in that I spent much of my time in the hospital watching restaurant commercials, craving the food, and the doctors now insist I abstain from eating ANY restaurant food for 2 1/2 months, and only eat food that has been scrubbed and cooked at specific temperatures... So no sushi for me, or even In-N-Out burger...

Some fun facts...

When fully-engrafted, my sister's stem cells will change my blood type to her blood type...

I'm part of a study trying to determine if I will become vaccinated against COVID-19 via my sister's stem cells...

As bad as I had it--terrible gut issues for weeks on end--there were a number of patients on the sixth floor who have had numerous relapses--and have been confined there for YEARS, including the year leading up to this March, in which NO visitors were allowed. To me, the hospital felt like prison, but to these poor souls it really is a prison.

Early on in my treatment, one of my doctors told me he felt confident my getting leukemia was not simply bad luck, and that he felt confident I'd had a long-time exposure to a toxic chemical. This led me to remember that a record warehouse I'd worked in for 7 years had had a toxic spill five years before we moved in, that had supposedly been cleaned up. I then contacted the EPA, and a water district, which confirmed that toxic chemicals linked to various cancers and specifically leukemia have been found on-site from 2002 to last year. The problem is that the spill/chlorine gas leak was in 1989, and my company was in the building from 94 to 01. I am currently in touch with a family friend/lawyer who is looking into this, and trying to determine if the site was tested between 1989 and 2001, and, if not, why not. So, geez Louise, I could very well be sucked into investigating a conspiracy related to my own death, and, if not, a number of my former co-workers. This feels both ironic and somehow not surprising.

Pat, you are a treasure to the research community. I hope you get better very soon!

On 9/1/2021 at 1:30 PM, Pat Speer said:

Some fun facts...

Good luck Pat. So there is an apparent cluster of cancer around this warehouse? 

Hi Pat:

Having taken a self-induced sabbatical from aspects of the JFK assassination I was shocked to hear of your battle will cancer. Having lost half of my family to this disease, I can understand what you are going through. I have always had the greatest respect for your research and appreciate the time I spent with you at various Lancer conferences in the past.

All the best, get well soon...

Gary 

On 9/2/2021 at 5:16 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Good luck Pat. So there is an apparent cluster of cancer around this warehouse? 

Thanks to all for the continued good wishes. As far as the warehouse, a law firm is supposedly looking into the testing of the site, and will then begin reaching out to other former workers beyond myself. I know that two of my closest co-workers died in their early sixties, but am not aware of the cause. 

P.S. As discussed with Alan, Google changed Google sites in the middle of my hospital stay, and scrambled up the images on my website. I am slowly going back and trying to straighten out the mess. If anyone is reading or studying a particular chapter, and would appreciate my prioritizing that chapter, please let me know.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:32 PM, Gary Murr said:

Hi Pat:

Having taken a self-induced sabbatical from aspects of the JFK assassination I was shocked to hear of your battle will cancer. Having lost half of my family to this disease, I can understand what you are going through. I have always had the greatest respect for your research and appreciate the time I spent with you at various Lancer conferences in the past.

All the best, get well soon...

Gary 

Thanks, Gary. I hope you know that I consider you, along with John Hunt, as two of the best researchers on the case, in that you were more interested in acquiring and sharing previously-ignored information than you were in pushing any particular theory, or selling books or videos built around your theory. Your contribution is much-appreciated.

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your family. Battling cancer is an ordeal, in that both the disease and the treatment make you miserable. I joke with my doctors and nurses that by tomorrow's standards today's treatment will be considered medieval. But I'm not really joking. 

Best wishes to you Pat through this terrible turn of things. I have respected your work a great deal and all the work that went into producing what is on your website. 

A long-time friend of mine, Brenda Denzler, was diagnosed in 2009 with inflammatory breast cancer, a rapid form of breast cancer that at the time seemed dim prospect of survival, but through treatment she continues alive today with no cancer symptoms (but numerous problems from the treatments). A tough lady (before this happened, went the distance in a long and grueling PhD program as a single mom with two kids and no financial resources, ending up with no academic job and $120,000 student loan debt with no means to pay even the interest which in the corrupted way in which laws are skewed for the benefit of the powerful was by law not dischargeable in bankruptcy)--she devoted her post-cancer-diagnosis life to writing informative and thoughtful articles relevant to the cancer survivor community as well as the public. Here is one collection of her articles: https://www.curetoday.com/contributors/brenda-denzler

Edited by Greg Doudna