The Education Forum

Does anyone know more about this man's story?

On 11/13/2021 at 8:19 AM, Richard Price said:

This is a link to a local (to my area) news story that popped up on my homepage.  There is not a lot there, but I wondered if anyone has more info on him or further elaboration on his account?

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/eyewitness-history-north-augusta-retiree-050100242.html

It's probably nonsense. As I recall, S.M. Holland and others on the railroad bridge swore there were only railroad employees up there, and no strangers. And yet this guy makes out that he just walked up there and no one said anything. Doubtful. 

Addendum to the above post:  It seems there are also FDC post cards or envelopes (First Day Covers from USPS) with his signature that are also being sold using the same photo.  It seems he or someone connected with him are taking the cards/envelopes with the photo on the left or return address area to a postal installation that using the special cancellation designated for First Day Covers (First day of issue for a STAMP) and then selling them as though there is some sort of special connection between them (the FDC and the photo).  Anyone can take any blank (or pre printed) envelope/card and get the FDC cancellation mark by simply asking at a location which is authorized by the USPS or mailing them with a request for the special cancellation using the instructions issued by the USPS.  For the FDC cancellation mark, the only thing required is that whatever stamp is affixed to the card/letter, be the stamp that is being issued on that date.

9 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

There used to be an interview of him on YouTube. He’s a joker and a xxxxx.

This was my impression from the start.  I figured there was no way he could be out there attempting to tell his story AND trying to profit from it without someone on the forum having knowledge of him.  It still amazes me how little the vast majority of people know and understand about the JFK assassination and what they will accept at face value without investigation.

I thank all of you who took the time to look into this and provide your personal knowledge in lieu of my spending too much time going down another rabbit hole.  The expanse of knowledge on the forum can save anyone valuable time in research by simply asking a question and fleshing it out with those who have already encountered that particular nugget of information.  I do this many times, in the hopes I may turn up a small tidbit of information someone else has been searching for but which has eluded them through the complexity of the vast amounts of diverging information out there.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, Richard Price said:

Update:  I did a search for his name and JFK and came up with a "hit".  He, or someone has the picture he claims to be shown in on eBay.  $89.99 or best offer for a signed picture and COA.  it is a familiar photo for all and not some unknown photo.  Image 1 - ROBERT DAVISON Signed Photo JFK JOHN F KENNEDY ASSASSINATION WITNESS AUTO COA

Every time I see this photo I cringe.

Why the Dallas PD even allowed "anyone" to be on the overpass as JFK was driving underneath defied simple common sense security logic imo.

Chief Curry in defending his force after JFK was slaughtered said they took the most unprecedented security measures in their history in their role in the security of the motorcade. Really?

Oswald's murder just two days later while in their physical custody and own building was just frosting on the cake in their mind boggling security duty negligence and worst case scenario failure.

What an embarrassing legacy in their history.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2021 at 9:04 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Why the Dallas PD even allowed "anyone" to be on the overpass as JFK was driving underneath defied simple common sense security logic imo.

Chief Curry in defending his force after JFK was slaughtered said they took the most unprecedented security measures in their history in their role in the security of the motorcade. Really?

Oswald's murder just two days later while in their physical custody and own building was just frosting on the cake in their mind boggling security duty negligence and worst case scenario failure.

In some circrles it is possible that their legacy is one of furthering an assassination plot.

Edited by Tony Rose

On 11/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, Joe Bauer said:

This photo actually helps exonerate one person: Bill Greer. He's driving along. He sees a bunch of people up in front of him, standing directly over the President's path. He hears a loud sound. Did they have something to do with it? Better look back and see what's going on. He momentarily takes his foot off the gas and taps the brakes. He sees a commotion in the back seat and realizes Kennedy and/or Connally have been hit. He turns around and high-tails it out of there, praying those on the bridge aren't involved. 

One of the ongoing theories that makes me cringe is that Greer stopped the limo to facilitate the shooting. This makes sense to those not invested in actually researching the case, IMO. The reality is that any shooter from distance would have been tracking the limo and would have preferred his target maintain a consistent speed. Greer's erratic driving, then, could have saved Kennedy's life. But it wasn't his day. Nor was it the country's.

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

One of the ongoing theories that makes me cringe is that Greer stopped the limo to facilitate the shooting. This makes sense to those not invested in actually researching the case, IMO. The reality is that any shooter from distance would have been tracking the limo and would have preferred his target maintain a consistent speed. Greer's erratic driving, then, could have saved Kennedy's life. But it wasn't his day. Nor was it the country's.

I haven’t heard that brought up in ages. In fact, it’s another method by which to divert attention away from and discredit the alteration of the film. IMO

What doesn't make sense is Greer was only traveling 9.72mph from extant z276-z301 well after, at least according to the extant film, shots had been fired and passenger/s had been hit, while also looking backwards at extant z283. Then he looks backwards at approx extant z303(z301-z313 = 7.47mph). So, now he has looked backwards twice while his limo speed is slowing and a headshot occurs.

There is nothing on the extant film which shows any erratic driving by Greer before the extant headshot and shortly thereafter. Only a consistent speed preferred by a shooter(your words).

Frazier(our resident firearms expert) didn’t appear to agree with a shooter having any problem hitting that melon even at a constant 11.3mph.

Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir. The time the speed of the moving object was calculated on the basis of an assumed 5.5-second interval for a distance of 90 feet, which figures out mathematically to be 11.3 miles per hour.

Mr. FRAZIER - At that range, at that distance, 175 to 265 feet, with this rifle and that telescopic sight, I would not have allowed any lead--I would not have made any correction for lead merely to hit a target of that size.

So, I believe it’s safe to assume that any change in speed at or below 7.5mph(extant z301-z313) down to stopping wouldn’t have made much of a difference to a shooter/s. IMO