The Education Forum

More Grief for the Deniers

I just got the news from two sources.

There is going to be a documentary made from Last Second in Dallas.

It will be broadcast on the owned and operated DIsney channels which means 8 stations throughout the country will syndicate it. 

It will then go to Hulu.

Did we start something?

Maybe, because I think Talbot has something in the works also. 

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

It will be broadcast on the owned and operated DIsney channels which means 8 stations throughout the country will syndicate it. 

It will then go to Hulu.

Did we start something?

"Did we start something?"---James DiEugenio

Not "we." You. The rest of us rode on the (small) bandwagon, maybe pushed here or there. 

There would be no Oliver Stone (regarding JFK) without James DiEugenio.  

On 11/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, James DiEugenio said:

It will then go to Hulu.

Did we start something?

think Disney wants to capitalize after Through the Looking Glass obvious successes... It's always nice to set the precedent. As you and the Stone crew have. Good product at a fair price. Let'em all play catch-up. It promotes the entire subject matter... and pushes you further up the ladder...

As the industry dictates: you're only as good as the last thing you shot, directed, wrote, edited, scored narrated, and or produced. If it isn't out of the park it damn sure is in the bleachers...  My hat is off to ya!

Edited by David G. Healy

Disney might not be producing this but simply getting paid to broadcast it. For all we know, it could be a hatchet job ob Tink's book. You always have to check the credits to see who provided funding for the documentary. the source of the funding will generally influence the outcome/conclusions of the documentary. This is particularly so with JFK documentaries on the aforementioned cable stations. I am hoping, though, that this documentary will be faithful to Tink's book. 

With the huge variety channel and subject program format of the cable industry now (versus the 3 main stations only one of 50 years ago ) the TV show production companies know that in this almost laughable wide choice basket there is and always will be a rock solid, built in viewing audience for what some classify as "out there" subject matters.

"Ancient Aliens", "Bigfoot", "Project Blue Book", "JFK", conspiracy, even paranormal ghost hunting, you name it. 

I can't sit through 5 minutes of shows about Louisiana swamp/ alligator hunting or Alaskan Bush people or Oak Island diggers who whoop and holler when they find an old nail from a buried Nordic boat.

But the TV game now is to go after those 2% of viewers who will to a totally consistent, predictable and loyal degree.

You could throw out any JFK conspiracy production, no matter how tainted by "lone gunman" financial backers, and 500,000 viewers will still tune in - guaranteed.

Cable TV now is a wide open truly democratic experience.

Anyone here watch reruns of "The Apprentice?"

I still keep a few tapes of the most ridiculous old one season bust "reality shows" just for laughs. Lisa Minelli and David Guest. Flavor Fav and Bridgett Nielson. Sarah Palin Moose Momma, etc.

Edited by Joe Bauer

My point is that just because there will be a documentary on Tink's book doesn't mean it will be faithful to the book. The Discovery and History channels still air inside the limo CA and the missing bullet shows which were financed by WC defenders. Yes- there is an audience for JFK assassination so these funders use the interest to continue to support the WC conclusions.  

23 hours ago, David G. Healy said:

think Disney wants to capitalize after Through the Looking Glass obvious successes... It's always nice to set the precedent. As you and the Stone crew have. Good product at a fair price. Let'em all play catch-up. It promotes the entire subject matter... and pushes you further up the ladder...

As the industry dictates: you're only as good as the last thing you shot, directed, wrote, edited, scored narrated, and or produced. If it isn't out of the park it damn sure is in the bleachers...  My hat is off to ya!

Insightful info from an insider.  Thanks David,

Thanks so much for that Dave.  Much appreciated.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:37 AM, Joe Bauer said:

With the huge variety channel and subject program format of the cable industry now (versus the 3 main stations only one of 50 years ago ) the TV show production companies know that in this almost laughable wide choice basket there is and always will be a rock solid, built in viewing audience for what some classify as "out there" subject matters.

"Ancient Aliens", "Bigfoot", "Project Blue Book", "JFK", conspiracy, even paranormal ghost hunting, you name it. 

I can't sit through 5 minutes of shows about Louisiana swamp/ alligator hunting or Alaskan Bush people or Oak Island diggers who whoop and holler when they find an old nail from a buried Nordic boat.

But the TV game now is to go after those 2% of viewers who will to a totally consistent, predictable and loyal degree.

You could throw out any JFK conspiracy production, no matter how tainted by "lone gunman" financial backers, and 500,000 viewers will still tune in - guaranteed.

Cable TV now is a wide open truly democratic experience.

Anyone here watch reruns of "The Apprentice?"

I still keep a few tapes of the most ridiculous old one season bust "reality shows" just for laughs. Lisa Minelli and David Guest. Flavor Fav and Bridgett Nielson. Sarah Palin Moose Momma, etc.

Amen brother 50 years of it.Joe, AMEN.... and there's a few of us here that had a front row seat, behind-the-camera for all. It sure wasn't what I had in mind...

Saw a recent show that cracked my ass up... 2 mechanics got a clunker running (ex-publisher of Hot Rod Magazine and a Mechanical Engineer) they changed out engines in a car parts store parking lot, in the freezing snow.... all in 18 hours... then drove off into the sunset.... They musta' made a thousand trips in doors to the parts counter....