The Education Forum

Brane Space Review of JFK Revisited

There's a good review of JFK Revisited this week by Colorado physicist/astronomer P.A. Stahl at his excellent blog site, Brane Space.

(It's one of my favorite blogs, especially for current events related to science.)

Why don't they publish this kind of intelligent, informed commentary in the U.S. mainstream media?

'JFK Through The Looking Glass' - A Superb Oliver Stone Documentary (But Perhaps Too Much For Casual Viewers)

https://brane-space.blogspot.com/2021/11/jfk-through-looking-glass-superb-oliver.html

16 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I can't wait for his next sales pitch: James Joyce's Ulysses: A Great Book (But Maybe Too Hard To Read)

LOL.  No wonder Stahl's essays aren't published in the mainstream media.

I think the point he was making about JFK Revisited is that some of the complex forensic material may be a bit difficult for those who haven't studied the JFKA research to follow.

I think he's right.  Roger Ebert and my wife both said as much after watching the film.

(BTW, it took me two or three attempts to finally read Joyce's novel Ulysses cover-to-cover.)

Edited by W. Niederhut

I liked it. 

Someone actually mentioned what we were doing in the film!

And I was trying to demonstrate a legal standard of conspiracy.

35 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I think he's right.  Roger Ebert and my wife both said as much after watching the film.

See, casual viewers is what this documentary needs to attract.  Now they won't even read past the title.

The Sorrow and the Pity - A Powerful Documentary (But Your Ass Will Ache Before It's Over)

Edited by David Andrews

31 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I liked it. 

Someone actually mentioned what we were doing in the film!

And I was trying to demonstrate a legal standard of conspiracy.

I think that does come through, Jim. It does feel like the arguments are ones that would be made in a real trial, not a kangaroo court. IMO both sides of the conspiracy divide have not made sure their arguments are backed by the evidence and don’t insult the intelligence of the audience. JFK Revisited treats the audience like a jury and the verdict is made clear on conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt.

1 hour ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

I think that does come through, Jim. It does feel like the arguments are ones that would be made in a real trial, not a kangaroo court. IMO both sides of the conspiracy divide have not made sure their arguments are backed by the evidence and don’t insult the intelligence of the audience. JFK Revisited treats the audience like a jury and the verdict is made clear on conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thanks Mike.  Much appreciated.

Jim and Oliver did a great job exposing the chain of custody problems with CE399. This is not an isolated incident. All of the significant forensic evidence has enormous issues that would have either resulted in either a court possibly ruling inadmissible or more likely, giving jury instructions to use the questions about the evidence in deciding how much weight it should be given. and the eyewitness testimony was even more problematic. the testimony of two the key witnesses- Brennan and Markum would have crumbled under cross-examination.      

I’ve started a new day job so sadly don’t have time to write a full review of it - I’d thought of doing one - but within the next week or thereabouts, I’ll post thoughts on the board here about the uncut JFK: DESTINY BETRAYED series, as the four part version is now streaming here. Two parts are already streaming, the final two episodes appear over the coming week or so.

Looking forward to what you have to say about the four-hour version, Anthony. I was fortunately able to record the two hour version to DVR while Showtime offered free access through my television provider. I've watched it, think it a worthy effort. Planning to watch again (and again, fates willing). The contemporaneous footage at the start made me tear up.

I confess I'm puzzled by the release of the two hour version ahead of the four hour version. If I ran the zoo I think I would have switched that around, or skipped the two hour version altogether. I bet James DiEugenio explained this strategy here somewhere. Two hour version = we can get this in theaters. Am I right?

In some countries, from what I understand, the short version  will be shown in theaters.

I don't think though in the USA, since Showtime would not like that. But it did happen in England and in Italy. IN fact, it think in Rome they showed both versions in theaters.