The Education Forum

I am resigning my post in admin and stopping the Invision payment

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I noticed as I navigated a couple of the donation windows was that the entity to which one was donating was called "Forum Support," i.e., generic, not encouraging. But at the go/no go donation point, the entity receiving the donation is specified as JFK Education Forum. That helped a lot.

Back of the envelope, including Sean's donation, we should be at or near the funding mark for the next fifteen months.

Hellfire, I have an astonishing Paypal Credit line, I can carry us across the finish line, for heaven's sake.

I will definitely set up, using Paypal, an automatic monthly donation, ad infinitum, e pluribus esse.

You are right George,

The membership have indeed reached  the goal. Indeed the membership have surpassed the the one-year target. At present the donations are approaching the two-year target.

Maybe now would be a good time to pause. We have enough money to get us to around April 2024.

James.

3 hours ago, James R Gordon said:

Maybe now would be a good time to pause. We have enough money to get us to around April 2024.

Just in time for Trump, and another 56-years thread!  (60 years, by then)

Thanks for everything, James.

Edited by David Andrews

54 minutes ago, James R Gordon said:

You are right George,

The membership have indeed reached  the goal. Indeed the membership have surpassed the the one-year target. At present the donations are approaching the two-year target.

James.

Thanks for staying on and keeping the Forum going.  It is very much appreciated.

I don't come here as often as I'd like, and I know there's already enough, but I threw a few quid in just to show my appreciation. (In honesty I did it before I actually read far enough down to see James say the target had been hit.)

Good news that this place will stay as is. .

And thanks for the continued work James.

Yes, much appreciated James, I’d die of boredom if this forum disbanded-or have to spend more time with the family…..

But OMG the funds were raised quick sharp when the alarm went off, what a beautiful show of support. I’m a bit of a meanie with donations, charity etc., but this has made me feel good-warm inside, like I’ve actually done something worthwhile for a change..

fantastic

19 hours ago, Sean Coleman said:

Yes, much appreciated James, I’d die of boredom if this forum disbanded-or have to spend more time with the family…..

But OMG the funds were raised quick sharp when the alarm went off, what a beautiful show of support. I’m a bit of a meanie with donations, charity etc., but this has made me feel good-warm inside, like I’ve actually done something worthwhile for a change..

fantastic

ditto 

Thanks to directions by Chris, I just sent in 70.00, hope you got it Jim. 

I think you should be over a grand by now.

Edited by James DiEugenio

@James R Gordon touch wood you'll be able to do this for us for many years to come. Thank you for all of your work and help in running it so well. If something were to happen to you, is there anything in place where it can be handed over, as opposed to the site being lost completely? A contingency? Is it worth having a second person as an admin or back up?