The Education Forum

The Walker Note

Steve Thomas

I had been thinking about various pieces of what I call fraudulent, or flimsy pieces of evidence against Lee Harvey Oswald. These are pieces that turn up later than they should have, e.g. the Walker Note and the the DeMohrenschildt photograph. Ironically, they seem to have been in the possession of Marina Oswald at one time or another.

High on my list is the note allegedly left by Lee on the night of April 10, 1963. I was trying to nail down exactly where it had been found, but in reading through it, there were a couple of things that caught my eye.

295 thoughts on “April 10, 1963: Oswald tries to shoot General. Walker”

Dr. Diane E. Cheney June 26, 2019 at 2:09 pm

https://jfkfacts.org/april-10-1963-oswald-tries-to-shoot-gen-walker/

Here is the letter Oswald left for his wife on Apriil 10, 1963:
1. This is the key to the mailbox which is located in the main post office in the city on Ervay Street. This is the same street where the drugstore, in which you always waited is located. You will find the mailbox in the post office which is located 4 blocks from the drugstore on that street. I paid for the box last month so don’t worry about it.
2. Send the information as to what happened to me to the Embassy and include newspaper clippings (should there be anything about me in the newspapers). I believe that the Embassy will come quickly to your assistance on learning everything.
3. I paid the house rent on the 2d so don’t worry about it.
4. Recently I also paid for water and gas.
5. The money from work will possibly be coming. The money will be sent to our post office box. Go to the bank and cash the check.
6. You can either throw out or give my clothing, etc. away. Do not keep these. However, I prefer that you hold on to my personal papers (military, civil, etc.)
7. Certain of my documents are in the small valise.
8. The address book can be found on my table in the study should need same.
9. We have friends here. The Red Cross also will help you [Red Cross in English]
10. I left you as much money as I could, $60 on the second of the month. You and the baby [apparently] can live for another 2 months using $10 per week.
11. If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge).

1. Drugstore? What drugstore? I don’t ever remember Marina talking about a drugstore in downtown Dallas where she frequently waited for Lee.

2. Lee says his paycheck would be mailed, and mailed to “our” post office box. Further evidence to me that Marina was receiving mail at P.O. 2915.

3. Would Marina have been able to cash a check made out to Lee if it hadn’t been endorsed by him?

4. City Hall, and the City jail were not located at the foot of a bridge at the beginning of the City. The County jail would have been close, but City Hall was located about 5 blocks inland. Did Lee have his jails mixed up? Was there a drugstore located near either one of them?

image.png.0520e5724d9cefc79d2307b6448dab8b.png

Steve Thomas

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I suggest people who believe LHO shot at Walker read Breach of Trust. The timing of the evidence linking him to this shooting is very suspicious and seems to be a case of manufactured evidence and perjured testimony. -IMHO

Lawrence-

I am planning a review of the Walker Shooting for K&K's soon. 

My take is if (a big if) one accepts the evidence (the photo of Walker's home, the note), then LHO was on a "test run" of the pending JFKA attempt, which was also intended to be a false-flag, but failed assassination attempt. 

My guess is LHO had a ride that April night of the Walker shooting (thus compatriots), probably used a different rifle (one that used steel-jacketed bullets), and if he shot at Walker then he intended to miss. There was a possibility of capture after shooting at the high-profile Walker, so he left the note. 

Of course, if one suspects evidence has been planted, that is the photo of Walker's house, and the note are fake, then all bets are off.

Unfortunately, with the true story of CE-399 out, I do not blame anyone for suspecting evidence in the JFKA is dubious. 

20 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I had been thinking about various pieces of what I call fraudulent, or flimsy pieces of evidence against Lee Harvey Oswald. These are pieces that turn up later than they should have, e.g. the Walker Note and the the DeMohrenschildt photograph. Ironically, they seem to have been in the possession of Marina Oswald at one time or another.

High on my list is the note allegedly left by Lee on the night of April 10, 1963. I was trying to nail down exactly where it had been found, but in reading through it, there were a couple of things that caught my eye.

295 thoughts on “April 10, 1963: Oswald tries to shoot General. Walker”

Dr. Diane E. Cheney June 26, 2019 at 2:09 pm

https://jfkfacts.org/april-10-1963-oswald-tries-to-shoot-gen-walker/

Here is the letter Oswald left for his wife on Apriil 10, 1963:
1. This is the key to the mailbox which is located in the main post office in the city on Ervay Street. This is the same street where the drugstore, in which you always waited is located. You will find the mailbox in the post office which is located 4 blocks from the drugstore on that street. I paid for the box last month so don’t worry about it.
2. Send the information as to what happened to me to the Embassy and include newspaper clippings (should there be anything about me in the newspapers). I believe that the Embassy will come quickly to your assistance on learning everything.
3. I paid the house rent on the 2d so don’t worry about it.
4. Recently I also paid for water and gas.
5. The money from work will possibly be coming. The money will be sent to our post office box. Go to the bank and cash the check.
6. You can either throw out or give my clothing, etc. away. Do not keep these. However, I prefer that you hold on to my personal papers (military, civil, etc.)
7. Certain of my documents are in the small valise.
8. The address book can be found on my table in the study should need same.
9. We have friends here. The Red Cross also will help you [Red Cross in English]
10. I left you as much money as I could, $60 on the second of the month. You and the baby [apparently] can live for another 2 months using $10 per week.
11. If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge).

1. Drugstore? What drugstore? I don’t ever remember Marina talking about a drugstore in downtown Dallas where she frequently waited for Lee.

Skillern's Drug Store was located at 1700 Main Street, on the corner of Ervay St. It was located right across from the old HL Green's store (Wilson Building). It's located exactly how Oswald (yes Oswald) described it in his note. 

2. Lee says his paycheck would be mailed, and mailed to “our” post office box. Further evidence to me that Marina was receiving mail at P.O. 2915.

That's possible, but Oswald left her the key to his PO Box, so no big mystery there. 

3. Would Marina have been able to cash a check made out to Lee if it hadn’t been endorsed by him?

Yes, all she would have to do is get a 3rd Party to endorse it and pay her in cash. That was common. No mystery. Oswald did cash his last JCS check on April 12, 1963, at the Mercantile National Bank located on 106 South Ervay Street, right across the street from Skillern's Drug Store. 

4. City Hall, and the City jail were not located at the foot of a bridge at the beginning of the City. The County jail would have been close, but City Hall was located about 5 blocks inland. Did Lee have his jails mixed up? Was there a drugstore located near either one of them?

Well, this is technically the County Jail, so eventually Oswald would have ended up there after DPD released him to County. Nothing unusual. There was no drugstore near there. As I pointed out earlier, Oswald clearly said 4 blocks away from the same street the Post Office was located. Buses ran over the Commerce Street Viaduct and went by the old Courthouse, next to the County Jail.

image.png.0520e5724d9cefc79d2307b6448dab8b.png

Steve Thomas

20 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Ruth Paine says her litmus test for talking with researchers is to ask

about this note and what they think of it.

I have read that too. As bizarre and outlandish as it sounds, some JFK assassination conspiracy theorists, not meaning to refer to anyone here, have thought on the basis of not the slightest shred of evidence that Ruth Paine forged that note herself, despite it having been authenticated as Oswald's handwriting by every handwriting expert who has looked at it, and Marina having told how she hid that note in that book. As if Ruth Paine, with no record of military or law enforcement or spy agency experience or training in covert arts, in her tiny house raising two small children on her own plus guest hosting Marina and her two more plus hosting Lee on weekends, found time and space to run a secret evidence-forgery home lab on the side without anyone noticing, fabricating evidence in such a skilled manner that no law enforcement ever detected her handiwork--that is how good she was at forging evidence to incriminate innocent people, so good as to leave no trace of evidence whatsoever.

Apparently Ruth found asking that question a simple but effective litmus test to find out what kind of QAnon-type thinking she was dealing with when strangers approached her. Hard to blame her.

Well Steve, you've stirred up an old hornet's nest here.  I don't think Ruth wrote the "note" (it's quite long and detailed).  It was written for her.  jmo

The whole carrying a rifle on a bus, burying the rifle, missing the shot from 20 yards away, two people (a car?) seen leaving, the car with no license plate in the investigation photo, the wrong caliber bullet recovered from the window casing, Marina locking him the bathroom to prevent him from attempting the same to Nixon.  A little too much to believe.  More like framing Crazy Ozzie.

Edited by Ron Bulman

22 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Well Steve, you've stirred up an old hornet's nest here.  I don't think Ruth wrote the "note" (it's quite long and detailed).  It was written for her.  jmo

The whole carrying a rifle on a bus, burying the rifle, missing the shot from 20 yards away, two people (a car?) seen leaving, the car with no license plate in the investigation photo, the wrong caliber bullet recovered from the window casing, Marina locking him the bathroom to prevent him from attempting the same to Nixon.  A little too much to believe.  More like framing Crazy Ozzie.

Why do people put ugly tattoos on their bodies these days? 

On 2/26/2022 at 9:04 PM, Ron Bulman said:

But Ron, there is not the slightest evidence or reason to suppose Ruth Paine planted a note forged by someone else in that book either, just as there is no evidence or reason to suppose that Ruth Paine has ever been part of any criminal conspiracy. Again, the handwriting of that lengthy note has been authenticated as Oswald's handwriting by experts with no opposing expert opinion, and Marina confirmed that the note was placed in that book by the book's owner and the addressee of that note, namely herself, with nothing indicating differently. Ask yourself, what caused you to form that belief ("it was written for her") not based on anything.

Hey now,I was at the Ozzy show along with 325,000 others back in 1983.

Glen Helen Park San Bernardino Ca.

It's was f***ing hot that day.They did fire up the water cannons while Ozzy was playing to help with the heat.

Ozzy opened up with "Over The Mountain"

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Edited by Michael Crane

39 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I predict that...

Anybody who believes most of what Marina Oswald and Ruth Paine have said will never figure out the conspiracy against Kennedy.

In Ruth's case the issue is simply the basic principle of innocent until proven guilty; the fact that no case has convincingly been made of any specific crime committed by her; and that her extensive testimony under oath has stood the test of time and held up as truthful in the judgment of staff counsel of all of the major investigations, and the judgment of nearly all of the top tier of conspiracy theory authors as well. But its so easy to condemn someone on the basis of groupthink and subjective feeling as distinguished from evidence isn't it.

Marina is a different situation, in which her testimony is well-known by investigators to have numerous problems, which is not in any dispute from me. The so-called Walker note starts from it is in Oswald's handwriting. That does not come from Marina's testimony (or Ruth's either), that comes from expert authentication which is solid, a fact, evidence, the starting-point in analysis of it.

Then this note in Lee's handwriting, written for Marina, is found hidden in a book of Marina's, in a context which looks like a motive for Marina to have hidden it. So how did that note handwritten by Lee, intended for Marina, come to be found hidden in pages of a book owned by Marina?

Ruth, honest otherwise in the judgment of staff investigators of the major investigations, says she didn't put it there. Marina says she did, but apparently the logic is that means she didn't. Since Marina did not (because she says she did), who then? One never hears expressed here an opinion that the Irving police or FBI planted it. The reason apparently is because a baseless belief that Ruth did it has so much more peer approval than a baseless belief that the police or FBI planted it.

Do people ever think: how could Ruth possibly prove her innocence. Put yourself in Ruth's shoes and imagine you really did not plant that writing in Marina's book but turned over that book to get it to Marina just as you said happened. How would you go about proving your innocence to people who know, just know, you are a witch, I mean guilty of planting that note. What could you say or do to prove your innocence?

If Oswald was framed for the assassination, how is it that he just happened to get a job -- at the right place and time -- where the shots would ring out?

Ruth Paine got him the job.

And then after the assassination, during the WC investigation, Ruth Paine kept feeding the FBI incriminating evidence against Oswald that somehow the Dallas police had overlooked when they first investigated.

Ruth Paine was the WC's key witness against the innocent Oswald.

Let me state that I believe 100% that Oswald, at least the Oswald that was the accused assassin, absolutely did not fire a shot at General Walker. But, that being said, him taking a shot at Walker seems to fit more in line with his real politics once you weed through the official rhetoric. Especially his liberal stance on civil rights. He seemed to really care about racial equality. I could buy him being convinced by puppet masters pulling his strings behind the scenes to shoot at Walker (whether it was a planned miss or an actual attempt on his life) if the so called evidence weren't so obviously manipulated to point at Oswald long after the actual crime was committed. As far as any personal reason for him to shoot at JFK, I can't see one. I can buy him actually trying to shoot Connally before JFK although I don't believe he fired a shot at anyone that day.