The Education Forum

"The Assassination & Mrs. Paine" comes out this month

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Made worse by the fact that the HSCA also failed to examine them.  Which is really incredible.

I never looked, but I just assumed the Paines were looked into by HSCA.

Nothing? I mean, I know she was probably the most questioned witness by the WC but I'm sure at least a few new avenues could have been examined.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, she was not called by the HSCA.

The fact that the HSCA did not examine her or VIctoria Adams tells you a lot about their inquiry.

Some nice news posted by Max about this film:

Our film just won the Best Historical Documentary Feature Award at the Atlanta Docufest!

10 hours ago, Allen Lowe said:

How about the records that remain withheld and unseen by anyone? What is your (and Greg’s) source?

Reynolds searched for withheld and redacted records and found one. We are asking for Max Good to provide the "dozens" of non-tax records that are withheld or redacted. If he can't do that, he should issue an apology to Mrs. Paine.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:51 AM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Reynolds searched for withheld and redacted records and found one. We are asking for Max Good to provide the "dozens" of non-tax records that are withheld or redacted. If he can't do that, he should issue an apology to Mrs. Paine.

You’re missing the point. There are many many documents still to be released that Reynolds would not have access to because no one has access to them.  This is the kind of very dishonest reference that you guys make that doesn’t take into account the whole picture, but only that part of the picture which benefits you.

10 hours ago, Allen Lowe said:

You’re missing the point. There are many many documents still to be released that Reynolds would not have access to because no one has access to them.  This is the kind of very dishonest reference that you guys make that doesn’t take into account the whole picture, but only that part of the picture which benefits you.

Reynolds has searched the documents that are withheld or redacted in the JFK records collection. Are you or Good claiming there are other records "secret records?" You say that no one has access to them so how do you know about them? 

What we are asking for is a source for Good's claim that "dozens" of records are "classified."

13 hours ago, Allen Lowe said:

How can “no one” have access to them? If they exist, ergo, someone must have access to them.   Can you explain what you mean?

1 minute ago, Cory Santos said:

How can “no one” have access to them? If they exist, ergo, someone must have access to them.   Can you explain what you mean?

They haven't been released and aren't available to researchers.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:54 AM, Michael Crane said:

It's now very clear that the Nash Rambler that Ruth owned is not the same one that Tosh Plumlee showed pictures of.

Michael, I think you have gotten the vehicles mixed up.  The Nash Rambler was not Ruth's car, she had a station wagon, but it was a 1955 Chevrolet (light green).  When LHO made his remark about not bringing her (meaning Ruth) into this, I believe he had only heard part of a conversation that a station wagon was seen stopping near the TSBD.  The fact that it turned out to be a Nash Rambler per the witness(es) is the second part of the story, I believe.  That's when people trying to trace who owned the Nash Rambler found what they believed to be the same car at a local college/university parking lot and tied it in to some of the names on the periphery of the assassination.  I think it also had an earlier link to persons in the anti-Castro or pro Castro groups, I forget which.  Hopefully this will help your quest, I have been down so many rabbit holes over the last 50+ years that it is impossible (at least for me) to remember 5% of the information I have encountered along the way.