The Education Forum

Message From David Von Pein

FYI ---

On the morning of June 28, 2022, I sent the following request to the Education Forum administrators via e-mail. The following day at 3:00 PM EDT (today, June 29th), I received a reply saying that I would be allowed to re-join the EF forum. For that, I am very grateful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June-28-2022-DVP-Email-To-EF-Forum.png

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ready to rumble Dave?

As James Bond says to Sylvia Trench upon her asking if he wouldn't care to raise the limit in their opening scene game of Baccarat in the film "Dr. No" ...

"I have no objections."

Hey Dave, I was among those who expressed I thought your opinion was overall a good balancing force on the forum. But I did approve of the mods kicking you out.

Anyway, water under the bridge. Welcome back!

Dave has a lot of good JFK speeches, articles, events, news clips,  JFKA news pieces, and general 60's memorabilia on his website that people here should check out.

13 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

FYI ---

On the morning of June 28, 2022, I sent the following request to the Education Forum administrators via e-mail. The following day at 3:00 PM EDT (today, June 29th), I received a reply saying that I would be allowed to re-join the EF forum. For that, I am very grateful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June-28-2022-DVP-Email-To-EF-Forum.png

Yayyy return of the devils advocaaaaaate! Did mods put you on the naughty step or were u in self imposed exile (for constantly being proved wrong 🤪) ? 
Have read and enjoyed the verbal swordplays from the past, anticipate more and KG is right - interesting informative  website.

Ps. Oswald didn’t do it 

David - a most hardy, welcome back.  I am new to the JFKAD but have been an avid reader for many years - my interest/reading/research into the assassination, having begun and still continuing since '66.  Your passion for the subject is apparent and your counterpoints interesting. 

For the record, David, I didn't have a problem with you quoting our exchanges, as long as it was respectful and in context. I seem to recall that you were taking people's quotes not to show how different people think, but to mock them and make them look stupid. I know I've done that myself at times, but there is a higher road we can all aspire to. 

David Von Pein was using this forum to mine content for his own private website. David would take posts from his exchanges with other Education Forum members and he would then copy and paste excerpts of those exchanges onto his own private website. He did not ask for permission to do this. He did not notify the members here that he was taking their posts and their names from this forum and posting them on his own private website. He did not notify the Education Forum moderators of his intent to use this forum as his own personal content farm.

On his own private website, David was then free to edit to his heart's content whatever someone else had originally written for the Education Forum. David was also free to modify his own responses, giving the impression that whomever he was debating was simply ignoring arguments that, in actuality, were not in his original forum posts but something he had added later.

Well, I suppose that we should respect people's First Amendment right to post disinformation.

But let's not indulge in the prevalent modern fallacies of "both sider-ism" and false equivalence when it comes to the Warren Commission's Lone Nut narrative.

Does anyone here really doubt that the WCR Lone Nut narrative has been thoroughly and definitively debunked?

Must we endlessly beat that dead horse on this forum?

Sisyphus comes to mind.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

David was also free to modify his own responses, giving the impression that whomever he was debating was simply ignoring arguments that, in actuality, were not in his original forum posts but something he had added later.

You're wrong about what you just said above, Denny. I have done no such "modifying" of my own responses after I take them to my website/blog. The responses you see by me on my site are the very same responses that also appear in the original threads here at this forum.

Do you have a particular discussion(s) in mind (occurring during a period when I was an active member of this forum [Aug. 2010 thru Aug. 2019]) that prompted you to make the claim you just made?

Edited by David Von Pein