The Education Forum

New podcast on my books POLITICAL TRUTH and INTO THE NIGHTMARE

42 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

BB...

Do you actually think that Oswald placed up on a lighted stage in a noticeable disheveled and exhausted and distressed emotional state, bruised face, wearing only a T-shirt and working class pants when several men chosen for the line up are dressed much differently ( even with coats and ties removed ) looking well groomed and not beaten up isn't a laughably obvious exercise in due process procedural misconduct?

I believe the Dallas Police Department could have done better on the line-ups.

Edited by Bill Brown

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

BB...

Do you actually think that Oswald placed up on a lighted stage in a noticeable disheveled and exhausted and distressed emotional state, bruised face, wearing only a T-shirt and working class pants when several men chosen for the line up are dressed much differently ( even with coats and ties removed ) looking well groomed and not beaten up isn't a laughably obvious exercise in due process procedural  misconduct?

The DPD put together a line up so starkly different that even hysterical Tippit shooting eye-witness Helen Markham could pick out the most hapless and disheveled looking man in it.

Markham could see Oswald's guilt by the look in his eyes? Maybe the lights shown on the line up were so bright it forced Oswald to squint which Markham interpreted as a mean and threatening look?

I called out McBride for a silly statement that he made and it somehow means that I have no problems at all with the lineups?

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Nonsense.  You focused on a trivial semantic detail in a clumsy attempt to discredit a lengthy, erudite, informal commentary by a man with vast knowledge of his subject.

I recognize erudition when I hear it.  I'm a Harvard grad.

What is your background, and what literature have you studied on the JFK assassination?

From what I've seen thus far, you remind me a professional heckler who harassed Ralph Nader during a lecture I attended years ago  in college.

A bit of background, W. Bill Brown has been a regular on the JFK Assassination Forum for years. He's spent most of that time taking potshots at other members of that forum. His presence here is a bit like a Fox News disciple being given a slot on MSNBC. 

Sorry, Bill, but that's my recollection and interpretation.

You can change it, however. Quite easily. 1. Play nice. 2. Post well-thought-out arguments, and not just recitals from the WC and Bugliosi volumes.

In fact, you can prove me wrong by starting a thread listing some WC and VB conclusions you think are in error. 

Just a thought. 

Edited by Pat Speer

Good job Joseph.  You've stirred up at least one coincidence theorist.  I've not listened to it yet, but this indicates it's likely good, as usual.  I look forward to hearing it later.

Just now, Sandy Larsen said:

Well, at least he admitted that the DPD could have done better lineups. I don't recall any LNer admitting to anything before. (But maybe my memory isn't what it used to be.)

Maybe what it is is this... they never admit to anything that's important, regardless of how strong the evidence is.

For example, do they ever admit that the HSCA moved the entrance wound on the back of the head up?

Hey Denny, snazzy new photo.

Pat:

Does that forum still exist?

Uh, yep?  is that such a bizarre query?

Unlike many people, I do not bounce around to these forums.  

I think this one is pretty good.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Does that [Duncan MacRae] forum still exist?

Yes, it certainly does. It suffered a hacker attack in late 2017 and all posts were lost. But Duncan MacRae got it up and running again in January 2018. I've been a member there since February 2009:

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?board=1.0

It might come as a surprise to some people here, but even with the multiple problems I've had at this Education Forum, I still like posting at this forum much better than at any other forum I've ever posted at (with the possible exception of the moderated Usenet newsgroup that was run by the late John McAdams, located at https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk).

The Education Forum has (IMO) the best and most user-friendly interface I've ever encountered at a JFK forum.

The McAdams forum/newsgroup, btw, is now pretty much defunct, due to John's death in April 2021. There's nobody left to moderate the forum at all, and that is unfortunate. Apparently Dr. McAdams didn't make any arrangements to see that the forum remained alive after his passing. But all of the posts that have ever been made at that forum have been archived and can still be viewed, which is a good thing.

Edited by David Von Pein

13 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Were the commission documents published in the WC Hearings and Exhibits or separately?

The Commission "Documents" weren't published by the WC at all (AFAIK).

But, fortunately, we can still access all of the "Warren Commission Documents" (linked below) due to the amazing archiving effort done by the people who run the Mary Ferrell website. There are 1555 of the WC "Documents" available at the Ferrell site (totalling approx. 50,000 pages). And they have been very valuable to me on many occasions during the last several years.

(I think Rex Bradford is [or at least was] the leading archivist there at the Mary Ferrell Foundation, is that correct? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about that.)

https://www.maryferrell.org/php/showlist.php?docset=1008

Edited by David Von Pein

There may have been multiple line-ups in which Lee Oswald participated. The principle of the line-ups was always the same - Lee had to look odd in a line-up.

In one of the line-ups, Lee was paraded in a T-shirt with teenagers around him in regular shirts, and Lee complained:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20SzdIBn51Q

In another line-up, older men possibly dressed in suits were presented along with Lee Oswald:

https://www.maryferrell.org/photos.html?set=WCD-LINEUPS

I was not too glad seeing one of the Forum members criticising Joseph's presentation and, by extension, his work. "Into the nightmare" is one of the most revealing and best researched books in the realm of JFK's assassination. I read it twice already, and will read it again to appreciate all details and valuable bits of information one cannot find anywhere else, e.g., the account of Joseph's interview with Tippit's father.

Edited by Andrej Stancak