The Education Forum

Here’s our recent Maverick News Channel marathon 3.5 hour longform interview with JFK researcher and author Jim DiEugenio on the 60th Anniversary of the Cuban missile crisis, as well as his latest collaboration with Oliver Stone on “JFK Revisited,” the newly-filed National Archives lawsuit over the JFK Records Act, and much more. Enjoy! 

James DiEugenio interview 

4F5DA1D4-84FB-4278-8773-D94EF968C2A0.jpeg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lori Spencer said:

Here’s our recent Maverick News Channel marathon 3.5 hour longform interview with JFK researcher and author Jim DiEugenio on the 60th Anniversary of the Cuban missile crisis, as well as his latest collaboration with Oliver Stone on “JFK Revisited,” the newly-filed National Archives lawsuit over the JFK Records Act, and much more. Enjoy! 

James DiEugenio interview 

4F5DA1D4-84FB-4278-8773-D94EF968C2A0.jpeg

Well, even 3.5 hours of Jim D is not enough. Go for four next time! 

14 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, even 3.5 hours of Jim D is not enough. Go for four next time! 

That moment when the interview is almost as long as the JFK Revisited film itself…

In 3 hours, 40 minutes we barely scratched the surface, it seemed… will definitely have Jim back on the show soon. He was a delight to talk with. 

Thanks Micah.

And I thought that program was really well produced and well prepared by Lori.

According to Lori we outdrew Tim Naftali on that anniversary.

When I first saw the 3.5 hours I balked.  An hour or so is usually about all I can handle of a pod cast.  Though some of Robbie's have kept me tuned in a little longer of late.  Then I thought, I need to sand and paint the front door.  I can listen to the radio or cd's or this.  I set the laptop up on my desk which I can see from the door.  

I've seen 3 or 4 of the interviews Jim's posted here about the films.  But something new or that I've forgotten about always pops up.  I should have taken notes, but I was busy while listening.  Some parts I should go back and re watch.  It was informative and entertaining throughout.  Jim was relaxed, nice to hear him laugh several times.  The part on the Cuban Missile Crisis was the most interesting to me.  McNamara jerking his headphones off over the armed nukes revelation. 

Lori, you know the subject well.  You mentioned interviewing Jim 10 years ago?  Is that still available? 

Ron:

That shows you that the intel that the Pentagon was working from was not complete.

Apparently McNamara did not know that all the missiles were already in their silos and only needed to be armed.

Just think, McNamara was the guy planning the invasion force also.  I wonder if he knew about the two sets of tactical nukes on the island.  I am not sure about that.

And by the end, even McNamara was leaning towards an attack.

Smart of Kennedy to do an end around with Dobyrnin.  And also for Bobby to tell him that hey, if my brother gets displaced, the Pentagon is going to be in charge.  That is all Nikita needed to hear.  He wanted a deal the next day.

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

When I first saw the 3.5 hours I balked.  An hour or so is usually about all I can handle of a pod cast.  Though some of Robbie's have kept me tuned in a little longer of late.  Then I thought, I need to sand and paint the front door.  I can listen to the radio or cd's or this.  I set the laptop up on my desk which I can see from the door.  

I've seen 3 or 4 of the interviews Jim's posted here about the films.  But something new or that I've forgotten about always pops up.  I should have taken notes, but I was busy while listening.  Some parts I should go back and re watch.  It was informative and entertaining throughout.  Jim was relaxed, nice to hear him laugh several times.  The part on the Cuban Missile Crisis was the most interesting to me.  McNamara jerking his headphones off over the armed nukes revelation. 

Lori, you know the subject well.  You mentioned interviewing Jim 10 years ago?  Is that still available? 

Ron, thanks so much for listening to the entire marathon broadcast, and for your kind comments. 

I interviewed Jim many moons ago at the 50th Anniversary gathering in Dallas for a series of articles published in Yahoo News. Unfortunately our chat was far too brief then, as we were both warm-weather birds seeking refuge from a brutal winter ice storm that blew into Big D that day. Only got a couple of quick quotes from Jim through chattering teeth then 🥶, but we more than made up for lost time with that 3.5 hour long form interview last month!

My original articles from JFK50 are archived on my old blog here. I think Jim is featured in Part II. 

JFK50: The Eyes of Texas, Pt. I

JFK50: The Eyes of Texas, Part II

15 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks Micah.

And I thought that program was really well produced and well prepared by Lori.

According to Lori we outdrew Tim Naftali on that anniversary.

We had such a great conversation, and some damn good laughs, too. 😂

Rick and I enjoyed it so much, Jim. You’re a delightful guest. We learned so much from you. Let’s not wait another 9 years to do that again! 

Jim's interview style is always entertaining imo. Always balanced out with some light humor and laughter if even over the preposterousness of certain claims made by questionable agenda LNers.

What I would have given to have listened in on Jim's luncheon date conversation with Oliver Stone and David Mamet at some chic restaurant in the best part of West L.A.

Best I could offer would be a sit-down chit chat with Jim D. at our local SUBWAY sandwich shop. I have the coupons!

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe:

Subway?  You got it buddy!

Lori, sure, i would be glad to do another with you.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:15 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Joe:

Subway?  You got it buddy!

Lori, sure, i would be glad to do another with you.

Not done with it yet but it is very good. Lori is excellent.

Two things though. Jim, tilt the camera/monitor down so the camera isn't exposing for the window behind you. Either that or point it away from the window.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:54 AM, Lori Spencer said:

We had such a great conversation, and some damn good laughs, too. 😂

Lori. Lose the mic. It's annoying and Id' rather see you, no matter how fancy the mic is.

That's all. Carry on, hahaha

Edited by Bob Ness

Bob, I can tell you are buds with Brian Berdan.

If you do not know who he is, look at the credits of JFK:Destiny Betrayed.

49 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Bob, I can tell you are buds with Brian Berdan.

If you do not know who he is, look at the credits of JFK:Destiny Betrayed.

My mentor and very good friend is Peter Levy! If you don't know who he is, look him up hahaha! But yeah, Brian would be chompin on ya too.

I actually thought about doing studio consulting for this kind of thing since I've shot somewhere around a million of these.

Edited by Bob Ness