The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Burrows, Democrat running against Mc Carthy to take his seat.

7dCw-WpR_bigger.jpg

Speaker McCarthy, with all due respect you are completely full of it. Joe Biden didn’t indict Donald Trump. A) An independent counsel brought charges and B) a Grand Jury of Trump’s peers in Florida indicted him. You know the truth, but you are to weak to tell the truth. You lie and pander to the MAGA base in a desperate scramble to hold onto your position as Speaker because you are to weak to lead your party out of the Trump cult. I've got news for you Mr. Speaker. Trump supporters will never love you. They’ll never have your back. They hate you. They want to destroy you, and it's working. Time to be a big boy and stop with the transparent and childish games. You are hurting our country, you are hurting your party, and you are humiliating yourself.

·
Views

From an article just posted by the New York Times: I believe that Jack Smith will file an appeal with the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals to force Judge Cannon to recuse herself from the case. Otherwise, the public will get the idea that the "fix" is in on the case based on the way the Clerk of the Court selected Judge Cannon.

The clerk clarified another matter: whether Judge Cannon would continue to handle the case. Since news of Judge Cannon’s assignment emerged early Friday, observers have speculated that it could only be an initial assignment before being handed to another judge.

But Ms. Noble confirmed that no court practice would return the case to be assigned to another judge. In short, Judge Cannon’s assignment is permanent unless she were to step aside.

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

John Burrows, Democrat running against Mc Carthy to take his seat.

7dCw-WpR_bigger.jpg

Speaker McCarthy, with all due respect you are completely full of it. Joe Biden didn’t indict Donald Trump. A) An independent counsel brought charges and B) a Grand Jury of Trump’s peers in Florida indicted him. You know the truth, but you are to weak to tell the truth. You lie and pander to the MAGA base in a desperate scramble to hold onto your position as Speaker because you are to weak to lead your party out of the Trump cult. I've got news for you Mr. Speaker. Trump supporters will never love you. They’ll never have your back. They hate you. They want to destroy you, and it's working. Time to be a big boy and stop with the transparent and childish games. You are hurting our country, you are hurting your party, and you are humiliating yourself.

·
Views

Kirk,

I recently posted a comment here in which I wondered how the MAGAts would respond to Trump's impending indictments.

Now we know.  It's even worse than I imagined.

Total dishonesty, cowardice, and denial. 

Trumpism is a cult.

So this is Judge Aileen Cannon, who was assigned Trump's case 

FyTkQ6nWcAAszeo?format=png&name=small

Now, the great thing about this is that I know Jack Smith went into all this knowing such a scenario was a probability.

Which means he is already prepared to unleash something much nastier :)

Edited by Matt Allison

I want Rule 43

I want Rule 43

https://www.alternet.org/trump-rule-43/

In a column for the Daily Beast, Trump biographer David Cay Johnston explained that the former president would not have the option of skipping a federal trial brought by the Department of Justice in the same manner as he has with the E. Jean Carroll rape and defamation trial currently ongoing in Manhattan.

At issue is what is known as is Rule 43 which mandates the accused in felony trials must be in attendance during their trials.

"Under Lewis v. United States, an 1892 Supreme Court decision which formed the basis for Rule 43, Trump would be required to attend every minute of his trial," Johnston wrote before elaborating, "The high court held in Lewis that a 'leading principle that pervades the entire law of criminal procedure' is that once an individual is indicted 'nothing shall be done in the absence of the prisoner… in felonies it is not in the power of the prisoner, either by himself or his counsel, to waive the right to be personally present during the trial.'"

Steve Thomas

Question.  Is it possible that the Trump Espionage case was sent to Judge Cannon to prevent other judges from being murdered by the MAGAts?

The judge in Florida who originally authorized the Mar-a-Lago search warrant received subsequent death threats from the MAGA Bomber crowd.

And Trump has already called for his MAGA Bombers to descend on the Florida courthouse this Tuesday.

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I want Rule 43

I want Rule 43

https://www.alternet.org/trump-rule-43/

In a column for the Daily Beast, Trump biographer David Cay Johnston explained that the former president would not have the option of skipping a federal trial brought by the Department of Justice in the same manner as he has with the E. Jean Carroll rape and defamation trial currently ongoing in Manhattan.

At issue is what is known as is Rule 43 which mandates the accused in felony trials must be in attendance during their trials.

"Under Lewis v. United States, an 1892 Supreme Court decision which formed the basis for Rule 43, Trump would be required to attend every minute of his trial," Johnston wrote before elaborating, "The high court held in Lewis that a 'leading principle that pervades the entire law of criminal procedure' is that once an individual is indicted 'nothing shall be done in the absence of the prisoner… in felonies it is not in the power of the prisoner, either by himself or his counsel, to waive the right to be personally present during the trial.'"

Steve Thomas

Trump will soon be indicted for his commanding role in the January 6th insurrection. Then a trial will be scheduled. How will Trump be able to mandatorily attend both trials that are being held simultaneously?