The Education Forum

Biden Issues "Final" Certification Under JFK Act

President Biden issued an executive order today that basically states the JFK Assassination Records Act has come to an end! 

Specifically, he states  in section 1 “With my final certification made in this memorandum -– the last required under the Act – and definitive plans for future disclosures, my Administration is fulfilling the promise of transparency to the American people….

In section 2(b) he says “On May 1, 2023, the Acting Archivist informed me that the review process was complete and recommended that I postpone the public release of certain redacted information in the records certified for temporary postponement of public release in the December 2022 Memorandum.

In  section 3, he states: “I hereby certify, by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act, that continued postponement of public disclosure of that information is necessary to protect against identifiable harms to the military defense, intelligence operations, law  enforcement, and the conduct of foreign relations that are of such gravity that they outweigh the public interest in disclosure. All information within these records that has been proposed for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act shall accordingly be withheld from public disclosure. Future release of the information in these records shall occur in a manner consistent with the Transparency Plans described in section 5 of this memorandum.”

In section 5, he states: “On May 1, 2023, the Acting Archivist recommended continued use of agencies’ Transparency Plans to release information covered by the Act. Therefore, I direct the NDC to continue to use the Transparency Plans to conduct future reviews of any information covered by the Act that has been postponed from public disclosure. The Transparency Plans will ensure that the public will have access to the maximum amount of information while continuing to protect against identifiable harms to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, and the conduct of foreign relations under the standards of the Act.”

The Mary Farrell Foundation has asserted in its lawsuit that the Transparency PLans fail to comply with the JFK Act. Oral argument is scheduled for July 13th. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez... "fulfilling the promise of transparency to the American people?"

Shame on Joe Biden.

Why is Biden doing this?

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 hour ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

President Biden issued an executive order today that basically states the JFK Assassination Records Act has come to an end! 

Specifically, he states  in section 1 “With my final certification made in this memorandum -– the last required under the Act – and definitive plans for future disclosures, my Administration is fulfilling the promise of transparency to the American people….

In section 2(b) he says “On May 1, 2023, the Acting Archivist informed me that the review process was complete and recommended that I postpone the public release of certain redacted information in the records certified for temporary postponement of public release in the December 2022 Memorandum.

In  section 3, he states: “I hereby certify, by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act, that continued postponement of public disclosure of that information is necessary to protect against identifiable harms to the military defense, intelligence operations, law  enforcement, and the conduct of foreign relations that are of such gravity that they outweigh the public interest in disclosure. All information within these records that has been proposed for continued postponement under section 5(g)(2)(D) of the Act shall accordingly be withheld from public disclosure. Future release of the information in these records shall occur in a manner consistent with the Transparency Plans described in section 5 of this memorandum.”

In section 5, he states: “On May 1, 2023, the Acting Archivist recommended continued use of agencies’ Transparency Plans to release information covered by the Act. Therefore, I direct the NDC to continue to use the Transparency Plans to conduct future reviews of any information covered by the Act that has been postponed from public disclosure. The Transparency Plans will ensure that the public will have access to the maximum amount of information while continuing to protect against identifiable harms to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, and the conduct of foreign relations under the standards of the Act.”

The Mary Farrell Foundation has asserted in its lawsuit that the Transparency PLans fail to comply with the JFK Act. Oral argument is scheduled for July 13th. 

I wonder how much media pick-up this will get. 

Biden does a snuff job on the JFK Records. 

I have tried to get Breaking Points and The Hill to provide coverage. Not sure my e-mails are even received as I am offshore, and that may trigger spam filters. 

Biden protects the intel state and not democracy, and the Donks and 'Phants go mute (with the exception AZ R-Party Congressman David Schweikert).

You can't make this stuff up. 

Good luck Larry Schnapf. 

I like Biden, but the reason this is happening is that, though yes, I agree that is it b.s., he is allowing the intelligence services to convince him that he has to be The Responsible Adult; of course it's crap for 60-year-old info, but being president does, I am certain, change his perspective. Though some of my best friends are liberals, they tend to be easily cowed and too damned timid, and fall like duck pins to certain kind of right-wing fear mongering. It's disgusting to me, and this is like an informational nail in the coffin. I hope the lawsuit changes things but I honestly now doubt we will ever see most of this stuff; at least, to sorta quote Earl Warren, Not In Our Lifetime. The murderous forces of evil have clearly won this one (for now at least).

WOW, it looks like Biden is trying to preempt the MFF court case and possibly intimidate the judge into going along. But I think he has only succeeded in clarifying the issues.  By taking a position so contrary to the plain language of the Act, he is making the judge decide between release of *any* more information and, if he accepts Biden's claims, no more records being released ever again.

Particularly egregious is the claim that continued postponed records  "is necessary to protect against identifiable harms to the military defense, intelligence operations, law  enforcement, and the conduct of foreign relations that are of such gravity that they outweigh the public interest in disclosure":   (1)  He couldn't possibly know that for all known records being withheld *and* information that qualifies as a record and has surfaced since the ARRB closed 25 years ago. (2) It directly contradicts Act language requiring the public interest balancing test for each record. Blanket claims covering all information are invalid on their face.  

Call me a sunny optimist, but I think Biden's latest ploy will help Bill and Larry make their case by clarifying the differences between the parties and forcing the judge to face the fact that if he accepts Biden's claim the JFK Records Act will be eliminated.

Wow.   A bill signed by President George Bush (R) with an intent to bring transparency to the American people which was not fulfilled, but actually, destroyed by Joe Biden (D).   Interesting and well played Joe.
👏👏👏

Thank you President Bush for trying.  

Remember when I was posting that the extreme right wing was involved in the assassination and you people asked me to tone it back because Tucker Carlson was going to "help" get the remaining files released ?

I told you then that the CIA would never let them be released.

My guess is those files contain names of CIA contacts in Dallas and the revelation of that information would destroy the historical lie of what happened on Novermber 22, 1963 and implicate the CIA in the assassination of JFK.

You and I will never see those files.

Unfortunately it was quite predictable that something like this was going to happen. Adds a tonne of weight to what Trump said about what was in the remaining files (“if you saw what was in there you wouldn’t release them either”).

I expect whatever remains in those files lead back to the JFKA being an inside job. 

Good luck to Larry and MFF in pursuing this. 

Edited by Mart Hall
typo

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

What would the American people do if they learned that released Top Secret government documents proved that the CIA had killed their most respected president?

Something to think about.

I think people are pining over paperwork that never existed.

From Larry Hancock’s Nexus, pg 36

<quote on, emphasis in the original, added emphasis mine>

Confirmation of the MKNAOMI project was revealed in 1977, when Carter administration Defense Secretary Brown requested an internal review of CIA projects which had involved the Department of Defense. The Department of Defense's legal counsel conducted the investigation and among other things reported back that MKNAOMI had begun in the early 1950's and was "intended to stockpile severely incapacitating and lethal materials and to develop gadgetry for dissemination of these materials."

A June 29, 1975 CIA memorandum has also been located which documents the SOD/CIA relationship and confirms that no written records were kept; management was by verbal instruction and "human continuity." The memo refers to "swarms of project requests" and cites examples of suicide pills, chemicals to anesthetize occupants to facilitate building entries, "L-pills" and aphrodisiacs for operational use. The memo notes "some requests for support approved by the CIA had apparently involved assassination."

<quote off>

Edited by Cliff Varnell

This is bad news, but it’s quite predictable, since Biden is very much a creature of the US political establishment.

It’s all the more reason for anyone interested in JFKA transparency to support RFK Jr’s presidential campaign.

3 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

My guess is those files contain names of CIA contacts in Dallas and the revelation of that information would destroy the historical lie of what happened on Novermber 22, 1963 and implicate the CIA in the assassination of JFK.

You might be right about the CIA contacts in Dallas. The one topic with more remaining redactions that just about anything else is corporate/proprietary cover organizations. A lot of the names of those companies came out during the Church Committee era, but the records still have stuff like entire page redactions or just a list of corporate cryptonyms with no reference to what the companies actually are. 

An example with New Orleans would be the Christian Fellowship Fund. That was Bill Kent’s cover during the Garrison investigation which was just released in Dec. 2022. Imagine if something came out like the CIA ran agents through the private security company that checked on the TSBD at night, or owned a real estate company that held the deed to the empty house next door to 2515 W. Fifth St?

I have not seen any reference to corporate cover organizations in Dallas anywhere in the ARC, but those organizations definitely existed, so where the hell are the records? 

This whole thing with Biden is a sad joke. I hope Larry et al. can expose this “transparency plan” B.S. for what it is. 

Edited by Tom Gram

8 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Wow.   A bill signed by President George Bush (R) with an intent to bring transparency to the American people which was not fulfilled, but actually, destroyed by Joe Biden (D).   Interesting and well played Joe.
👏👏👏

Thank you President Bush for trying.  

Cory,

Correct me if I'm wrong here.  Wasn't "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" (GHWB) the POTUS who attached a rider to the 1992 JFK Records Act stipulating that the POTUS could withhold any records, at his discretion, in the interest of "national security," before he (GHWB) agreed to sign the bill?

CIA Helped Bush Senior In Oil Venture - WhoWhatWhy

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

This is bad news, but it’s quite predictable, since Biden is very much a creature of the US political establishment.

It’s all the more reason for anyone interested in JFKA transparency to support RFK Jr’s presidential campaign.