The Education Forum

Quick Questions, Comments, and Criticism on EF Moderation

I'm starting a new topic on EF moderation issues that forum members may have. All questions, comments, and criticisms of EF moderation should be addressed in this thread. If they are not, moderators will exercise the option to move threads related to forum moderation to this thread.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an administrator, there is one point I would make. If a moderator/administrator does issue a disciplinary action to a forum member -- and we have instituted a point system, although we are still fine-tuning that system -- that disciplinary matter will remain between the mod/admin and the member being disciplined. Thus, if Vinnie Barbarino is assessed a five-point penalty, for example, Arnold Horshack has no right to know that.  This is adherence to the business management policy of "praise in public, reprimand in private." 

• 3 weeks later...

We have an interesting year and one-half ahead.

As Joe B. has pointed out, the 60th anniversary of the JFKA, with related Op Mock narratives everywhere. 

The JFK Records Act, with the Op Mock cone of silence in place. 

Then, the presidential candidacy of  RFK Jr., with his family history, and his flat statements that CIA played a role in the JFKA and that LHO was a CIA asset.

The moderators bring a wealth of biases to this forum (we all do), and appear to conflate discussions about what RFK Jr. said about the JFKA, and the CIA and LHO, and discussion about the Op Mock against RFK Jr. , with mere "political discussion." 

In this regard, the moderators are in error.

When the son of the slain RFK, and the nephew of the slain JFK, says the CIA did it, and LHO was a CIA asset, then I think that is real news, and how the media covers RFK Jr. is also germane to the EF-JFKA main board. 

It might bring more balance to EF-JFKA moderation if an effort was made to balance the political perspectives of the moderators.

Ask a Trumper to help moderate. If that idea is an anathema to the EF-JFKA---then all the more reason to bring a Trumper to moderation. 

Declining to allow nearly one-half of the political spectrum a role in EF-JFKA moderation---is not moderation. 

• 4 weeks later...

It is unfortunate that this needs to be addressed yet again but it does.💯

There is a clear double standard with he Moderation on this forum. There are forum members with very clear Left "Donk" politics who break rules and nothing happens and there are forum members with Centrist and Conservative "Phant" politics receive the "Trump" treatment with excessive consequences. 

Forexample I was just given a week suspension from @Mark Knight for replying to @John Cotter on this thread 

The reason given was: "You have been issued penalty points for belittling a forum member by reposting content deemed objectionable. In the USA, psychiatry is considered a valid medical science."

My comment "Bump" in regard to John's Critisism was because this study came out within the last year. But because Moderators don't allow free speech from Center/Right aligned forum members, I had to wait a week to mention this. Meanwhile two comments after mine Mr. @W. Niederhut commented "Bump" in a mocking manner to @John Cotter NO SUSPENSION 

Example #2 On the Can We Exclude Ben-Gurion / His Israeli Government from the JFK Assassination 

Robert Montenegro starts calling me Herr Koch attempting to slander me as a Nazi. When I accuse him of racism he doubles down and acuses me of being Anti Semitic "Nazi Propagandist" "Scum" 

When it isn't until after I bring up that the Moderators are letting this thread get out of control like they did with the Trump 57 year thread where left aligned forum member can hurl insults from a left direction with no consequences. After I stated this I was suspended and the reason given was calling a forum member racist and mentally. Mr Montenegro who also alleged "Racism" aka anti semitism also did so on this thread with NO SUSPENSION 

During this time the thread that was pinned because there were so many complaints about Moderation on the forum was unpinned and moved to where all the other threads critical of Moderation are put and the Mods ignore or lock when valid criticisms are brought up. 

Example # It is my understanding that from talking to former forum member Chris B. that @Benjamin Cole is suspending for two weeks and his crime is posting an RFK Jr link. Meanwhile @Joseph Backes can post topics that amount to shaming and harrassing James Dieugenio for sharing an Emerald Robinson link on twitter or mentioning Twitter in a postive light on Len Osanic's show which is basically Left Wrong think and those thread are not moved or moderated. Not to mention any time @Benjamin Cole shares a link critical of the "Donk" Party bad faith posters such as @Matt Allison @W. Niederhut @Ron Bulman will comment to derail the thread or cry that it should be moved and are rewarded and what it looks like to me is because Moderation has a very obvious left politcal bias on this forum. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Koch said:

It is unfortunate that this needs to be addressed yet again but it does.💯

Mathew,

Why are you posting this on the JFKA board?

Isn't there a designated forum board for questions and complaints for the moderators?

22 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Mathew,

Why are you posting this on the JFKA board?

Isn't there a designated forum board for questions and complaints for the moderators?

Well, if you read the post instead of trying to derail it, you would have read the answer to your question. 

Edited by Matthew Koch

I hope the mods take this seriously.

7 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Robert Montenegro starts calling me Herr Koch attempting to slander me as a Nazi. When I accuse him of racism he doubles down and acuses me of being Anti Semitic "Nazi Propagandist" "Scum" 

Why didn't you report it? If nobody reports it , the moderators can't act on it.

I did just report the slurs from Montenegro and penalized him. But you'll have report the others.

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Why didn't you report it? If nobody reports it , the moderators can't act on it.

I did just report the slurs from Montenegro and penalized him. But you'll have report the others.

If you haven't guessed from the title of the thread I don't have faith in moderation. Sandy, if the thread was read by a moderator and a suspension was issued, why did the mod miss the obvious rule breaking? Moderation has a system set up where the squeaky wheel gets the grease at the expense of the others. What I mean by that is people have been rewarded for bad behavior to the point that this thread is being giving a Part 2. 

James Gordon recently made a post about how you have to have a profile pic to post here, Moderator Kathy Beckett doesn't have one is she still a mod and if so why aren't reiterated forum rules being followed by the Moderators? 

Why was this thread moved and Joe Backes threads still on the main page? 

Why are @John Cotter and @Benjamin Coleserving long suspensions for infractions that are very minor ?

Why was I suspended for a week saying Bump and Mr Niederhut wasn't? 

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I hope the mods take this seriously.

Jim,

Are you familiar with the details of Mathew Koch's initial Romper Room complaint above?

On the Mark Knight thread in question, Mathew Koch was engaging in classic t-r-o-l-l-i-ng behavior-- "BUMP"-ing an inaccurate, off-topic ad hominem slur post by John Cotter, while leap-frogging the rebuttal.

I'm amazed that anyone would consider Cotter and Koch's behavior, in this instance, to be acceptable on the Education Forum.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:42 PM, John Cotter said:

Have you been so institutionalised by the 40 years you spent practising the fraudulent pseudoscience of psychiatry “treating” your purportedly mentally inferior “patients” that you’re incapable of conceiving that you might be wrong, let alone admitting it?

John,

I can't possibly correct all of your bizarre, mythical concepts of reality, so I'll take a break.

Did you study any science at a collegiate or graduate school level?

As for the subject of this thread, do let us know what you imagine to be America's "dire straits," from which only RFK, Jr. can save us.

Edited August 7 by W. Niederhut

Edited by W. Niederhut

That is not what I meant William, and I never saw that post by Cotter.

I was referring to the posts by Bob M and Joe B.

6 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:
11 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

If you haven't guessed from the title of the thread I don't have faith in moderation.

Matthew Koch won't report a problem because he doesn't have faith in the forum moderation. Then he gets upset that the moderators didn't do anything about the problem.

Am I the only one who sees a  problem in that logic?

James Gordon recently made a post about how you have to have a profile pic to post here, Moderator Kathy Beckett doesn't have one is she still a mod and if so why aren't reiterated forum rules being followed by the Moderators? 

The forum isn't a democracy Matthew. It exists only because a group of people took on the thankless task of keeping it going. One of those people is admin James Gordon, who in addition paid the Invision fees out of his own pocket for several years. Another of them is admin Kathy Beckett. There was a special need for James to remove Kathy's profile photo. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Why was this thread moved and Joe Backes threads still on the main page? 

This thread was moved because it is feedback for the moderators and there is a thread dedicated to that. So this thread was merged with that one.

BTW, members can easily and quickly navigate to this thread from the QUICK LINKS topic of the main forum page.

If you think Joe Backes' threads should likewise be moved, please report them and explain why they should be moved.

Why are @John Cotter and @Benjamin Coleserving long suspensions for infractions that are very minor ?

Because they are repeat offenders. Penalties are quite mild at first, but rise exponentially if rules are broken too often.

Why was I suspended for a week saying Bump and Mr Niederhut wasn't?

I'm not the admin member who handled that, but I think that W. Niederhut's explanation above is likely correct.