The Education Forum

Why did Dorothy Kilgallen plan to go to New Orleans?

Was there something she learned from Jack Ruby when she interviewed him at his trial that might have sparked her interest in NO? 

She canceled the trip for reasons that are not clear and died under extremely suspicious circumstances a short time later in Manhattan. Her death was not seriously treated as a criminal matter.

If we knew some of what Dorothy knew we would be closer to the solution of who killed JFK.

I know that barely anybody here puts any stock in JVB, but whether or not she embellishes things or her involvement in them, quite a bit of that story makes sense. You see a lot of that in Dr. Mary's Monkey and we know how our agencies work with limited hangouts and how much truth they put out in their disinformation schemes so people will throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to the JVB story.

I think it makes a ton of sense that the CIA was working with scientists to try and come up with a fast acting cancer and to get it to Cuba to use on Castro.

And that effort was centered in New Orleans and spearheaded by Dr. Oschner. He already has ties to the assassination with INCA and them putting out the record of Oswald being interviewed by Carlos B. Dr. Mary Sherman is there and that explains her strange death, Ferrie and all the cages and mice in his home, Ruby claiming he was injected with cancer causing his rapid deterioration and death, etc. None of this stuff gets talked about enough, of at all. Because it's wrapped in the JVB story people literally just throw the baby out with the bath water water instead.

I could very well see Ruby giving Dorothy some info about that operation leading her to want to go to New Orleans and investigate. I could be wrong but my guy tells me it's something like that.

I'm not sure about the outright lies thing. Possibly. Or maybe people just can't swallow how the story gets more intricate every time she tells it. More characters in the event she actually met and had dealings with. I think they just find the whole story so unbelievable that they dismiss the whole thing. I have the book Dr. Mary's Monkey. It's been a few years since I read it but I do remember that I really enjoyed it! 

54 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Was JVB caught in some outright lies is that why people on here only seem to put her down?

I read a lot of Walt Brown's Master Chronology - at each entry concerning her claims, he went farther and farther to refute them and then started (IIRC) ridiculing them to the point I just wished he would have limited his comments to 1 sentence on a day concerning her claim and then 1 or 2 to refute it.

No one knows why she did that.

But I do not think it was cancelled.

She did go there according to the witnesses around her, the two hairdressers.

Maybe it was Ruby or maybe it was someone else she interviewed.

No one ever saw her files.  But it was pretty clear to any interesting party that Oswald was doing some funny stuff in New Orleans that summer.

16 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

I know that barely anybody here puts any stock in JVB, but whether or not she embellishes things or her involvement in them, quite a bit of that story makes sense. You see a lot of that in Dr. Mary's Monkey and we know how our agencies work with limited hangouts and how much truth they put out in their disinformation schemes so people will throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to the JVB story.

I think it makes a ton of sense that the CIA was working with scientists to try and come up with a fast acting cancer and to get it to Cuba to use on Castro.

And that effort was centered in New Orleans and spearheaded by Dr. Oschner. He already has ties to the assassination with INCA and them putting out the record of Oswald being interviewed by Carlos B. Dr. Mary Sherman is there and that explains her strange death, Ferrie and all the cages and mice in his home, Ruby claiming he was injected with cancer causing his rapid deterioration and death, etc. None of this stuff gets talked about enough, of at all. Because it's wrapped in the JVB story people literally just throw the baby out with the bath water water instead.

I could very well see Ruby giving Dorothy some info about that operation leading her to want to go to New Orleans and investigate. I could be wrong but my guy tells me it's something like that.

I’ve only read the first few chapters of Dr. Mary’s Monkey, so I don’t know much about the cancer injections.  That said, all of those x-rays they gave Ruby over a short period of time couldn’t have been good for his health.IMG_4219.png.09ae18ca798696c69dba2772a1beca4f.png

1 hour ago, Mike Aitken said:

I’ve only read the first few chapters of Dr. Mary’s Monkey, so I don’t know much about the cancer injections.  That said, all of those x-rays they gave Ruby over a short period of time couldn’t have been good for his health.IMG_4219.png.09ae18ca798696c69dba2772a1beca4f.png

Did he die of cancer or radiation poisoning????

Wow!

That's a lot of x-rays.

Surprised Ruby didn't glow in the dark near the end of his life.

All of Dorothy Kilgallen's investigative notes and files simply disappear upon her death? Years of work? Probably many boxes?

Somebody beat the police and the FBI in stealing them in a few hours time frame?

Dorothy's husband doesn't demand a full on criminal investigation? Instead he simply goes into seclusion and won't talk to anybody about her death?

D. Kilgallen's closest confidential conversation friend Mrs. Smith dies very soon after DK?

We've all read the factual record of the appearance of the death scene of Dorothy Kilgallen.

It reads like a comedic version of an Agatha Christie Hercule Poirot "Who Done It" novel.

Kilgallens found in one of her bedrooms and beds she doesn't use?

Dressed in bed clothes she wouldn't wear?

Her make-up and hair are still on and up?

A book that she had already read is sitting upside down in front of her? Her last used glass is sitting on a bed table farther away than she could reach?

The past midnight nighttime temperature in New York on "November 8" is so warm and humid she felt the need to turn on her air-conditioning unit full blast?

She had some cocktails with a mystery friend late that night ( some suspected Ron Pitaki?) after her appearance on the hugely popular "What's My Line" nationally broadcast TV show?

It was proposed that she accidentally took too many pills upon going home and getting in bed to read and it was the combination of the booze and pills that did her in?

An Agatha Christie tale of DK's death would surely suggest she was the victim of a Mickey Finn.

A movie of Dorothy Kilgallen's life and death would have a hard time depicting her death scene in any non-conspiracy way without eliciting knee slapping guffaws from the audience. 

I've said it one hundred times and I'll say it again.

If ever there was a great A List film that begged to be produced (and yet illogically never was) nothing tops the life and mysterious death of one of the most iconic, accomplished and high society celebrity famous dames of American culture in the 1950's and 1960's ... Dorothy Kilgallen.

Why not?

Ask the powers to be who made sure it wasn't.

Scripted truthfully it would have been as JFKA suspicion questioning threatening as Oliver Stone's JFK.

If this story made the big screen no later than 2,000, Meryl Streep would have been the perfect Dorothy Kilgallen.

Edited by Joe Bauer

16 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

No one knows why she did that.

But I do not think it was cancelled.

She did go there according to the witnesses around her, the two hairdressers.

Maybe it was Ruby or maybe it was someone else she interviewed.

No one ever saw her files.  But it was pretty clear to any interesting party that Oswald was doing some funny stuff in New Orleans that summer.

Jim nice to see you on Fox the other day. I saw the interview/clip on YouTube so not sure if that was telecast on 11/22 but it probably was.

Edited by Charles Blackmon

Yes it was.

Whew, three people have seen it.  Yay.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:51 AM, Charles Blackmon said:

Jim nice to see you on Fox the other day. I saw the interview/clip on YouTube so not sure if that was telecast on 11/22 but it probably was.

Great job laying out the facts, brother.  The talking head may have butchered your name but you did an excellent job  explaining the circumstances.