The Education Forum

Ed Haslam's book Dr. Mary's Monkey: I want honest opinions

Vince Palamara

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Jim Garrison himself suggested the Reilly Coffee company was used as a phony job cover operation by government agencies.

He also mentioned NASA I believe. May be wrong with Nasa but some aerospace company.

Cover jobs. This is common practice for companies in that loop.  Front companies.

E.Howard Hunt's employment with Robert R. Mullen company. Malcolm Wallace's job placements. It's so common it's not even a secret.

Oswald getting work at Reilly's ( absolutely no dispute about this fact ) is a huge tip off regards his connection in some way with intel imo.

His job is to maintain and service coffee grinding machines? Dirty oily job. Not Oswald by any stretch.

Oswald would never have even applied for such work.

He is so non-serious about the job and neglects his duties there so blatantly and is engaged in Cuba promoting leaflet work and is fired within weeks? JVB herself punches and signs his end of day time card at least once because he would leave early? How could JVB be close enough in her work to Oswald to cover for him like that?

JVB is gone within one day of Oswald's firing?

JVB is hired to a position at Reilly Coffee she has absolutely no training or work experience for? She has joked about her being placed in this job.

This laughably incongruous employment scenario for both Oswald and JVB means nothing?

JVB is hired the same day as Oswald? Fired the day after Oswald?

Why fire JVB? Unless someone at Reilly's knew she was close to Oswald personally and maybe even knew of her signing Oswald's time card?

Reilly's Coffee is a suspiciously illogical connecting puzzle piece in Oswald's odd New Orleans activity imo.

Agreed that Riley is very interesting, seems like a cover job. In fact almost all of Oswald's places of employment are very interesting in that respect.

Regarding JVB's hire date and fire date, that's far too thin a basis for me to buy her story. People are hired and fired every day, and oftentimes several people go or come at once, nothing nefarious about it. You also have full time regular employees doing real jobs working for companies that provide cover to people. For example, most of the employees at Kellog Brown and Root are actual real jobs and it's just the few people who use the company for cover. Would two people who were hired and fired from KBR within a day or two of one another necessarily also be connected somehow to the spies that work there? (this comparison refers to CIA agent Valerie Plame whose cover was a job at KBR). 

Let's say a Joe Smith and a Nancy Jones are both hired and let go within a day or two of one another at KBR. Does that mean those two are connected to Plame or any of the organizations' other spies?

So you see what I mean.

I think JVB at some point discovered the significance of Riley Coffee Company, many years after the fact, and she built her story around it. I doubt she ever even knew Oswald at all. 

Definitely check out Walt Brown's book "Judyth Vary Baker - In Her Own Words" if you think there is something to her story. It's both informative, and very amusing. 

Also look at her claims, they are almost laugh out loud amusing. Such as her claim she would wear Marina Oswald's clothing and go around town with Oswald. Or how she claims she met Oswald: at the post office, she dropped something and Oswald picked it up for her, and she said "thank you, Comrade" in Russian. You've got to be kidding me, right? She just happens to speak Russian? And she just happens to know Oswald speaks Russian? Come on!   

Edited by Richard Booth

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

Agreed that Riley is very interesting, seems like a cover job. In fact almost all of Oswald's places of employment are very interesting in that respect.

Regarding JVB's hire date and fire date, that's far too thin a basis for me to buy her story. People are hired and fired every day, and oftentimes several people go or come at once, nothing nefarious about it. You also have full time regular employees doing real jobs working for companies that provide cover to people. For example, most of the employees at Kellog Brown and Root are actual real jobs and it's just the few people who use the company for cover. Would two people who were hired and fired from KBR within a day or two of one another necessarily also be connected somehow to the spies that work there? (this comparison refers to CIA agent Valerie Plame whose cover was a job at KBR). 

Let's say a Joe Smith and a Nancy Jones are both hired and let go within a day or two of one another at KBR. Does that mean those two are connected to Plame or any of the organizations' other spies?

So you see what I mean.

I think JVB at some point discovered the significance of Riley Coffee Company, many years after the fact, and she built her story around it. I doubt she ever even knew Oswald at all. 

Definitely check out Walt Brown's book "Judyth Vary Baker - In Her Own Words" if you think there is something to her story. It's both informative, and very amusing. 

Also look at her claims, they are almost laugh out loud amusing. Such as her claim she would wear Marina Oswald's clothing and go around town with Oswald. Or how she claims she met Oswald: at the post office, she dropped something and Oswald picked it up for her, and she said "thank you, Comrade" in Russian. You've got to be kidding me, right? She just happens to speak Russian? And she just happens to know Oswald speaks Russian? Come on!   

She mentioned Oswald's flip flop type footwear too.

Turns out he DID own such shoes!

Oswald liked the ladies from his own Russia dairy. He flirted. Some say he tasted the Sake girls in Japan as well. He openly flirted with a Japanese girl at one of the Dallas White Russian parties he and Marina attended once.

If this is all fact, It is very possible that if the opportunity presented itself, Oswald could have had a brief affair outside of his unhappy young and stressed marriage imo.

I could see him going for someone like JVB who could carry on an intelligent conversation and be interested in philosophical ideas.

Just now, Joe Bauer said:

So do a million other people.

I know that her story is a load of nonsense, but if you want to believe it you're free to do so. I'm not going to try to convince you any more than I already have laid out why I think it's a load of crap. 

From my understanding, Tyler is going to argue there was no linear particle accelerator in New Orleans.

If that turns out to be true, it creates a lot of problems for the book.

17 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Oswald liked the ladies from his own Russia dairy. He flirted. Some say he tasted the Sake girls in Japan as well. He openly flirted with a Japanese girl at one of the Dallas White Russian parties he and Marina attended once.

If this is all fact, It is very possible that if the opportunity presented itself, Oswald could have had a brief affair outside of his unhappy young and stressed marriage imo.

I could see him going for someone like JVB who could carry on an intelligent conversation and be interested in philosophical ideas.

Sounds like we got a J.V. Believer here!

Anyone with access to the WC exhibits in the last 55 years could have known Oswald had flip flops. (see photo below)

Prove anything you wrote in the last 2 posts pertaining to JVB's assertions, as being in any way factually correct..

Lots of speculation without documentation and straight up storytelling going on here.

Any proof/documents Reilly Coffee was a CIA front?

Dr. Mary's Monkey is a fictional novel, based almost entirely on speculation (Haslam's part) and lies (Baker's part)

I agree with DiEugenio that there wasn't a linear particle accelerator in New Orleans either. Evidence shows she was stabbed and burned...horrific yes, sinister...no.

For more on Tyler's upcoming documentary....

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_7022729c-95bf-5fc7-b9ab-8000e1336f6a.html

flip flop.jpg

Edited by Rob Clark

Thanks for this Rob.

How did Ed miss this Stumpf guy?

36 minutes ago, Rob Clark said:

Thanks for the link. Interesting, some stuff I was unfamiliar with.

Namely, this...

Sulzer, who went to middle school with Oswald, remembered Oswald coming by the apartment one time, knocking on their door, and asking "Where's Juan Valdes?"

Interesting...

One of the most important pieces of evidence offered related to REILLY is her Copy B of her W-2 from 1963.

Literally a form never used by Federal or State Tax offices. 

The Federal form was changed in 1963 by swapping the boxes above the name and address

There are no forms where the Name and address are ABOVE the amounts earned and with held.

Above her 1963 REILLY Copy B is the appropriate Copy C from 1963, as well as her state W-2 from LA for 1963.

If you can't even get the simple fake evidence right.....  :pop

829755888_JVB1963W2problemshighlighted-smaller.thumb.jpg.3fe69819a7a9dcd0bfc00105128b8d9b.jpg

On 9/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, Micah Mileto said:

BTW unrelated but could you upload all of the other parts of your limo presentation to Youtube? Also I bet it would get more views if it was posted it around!

Thank you. I've tried but Youtube is not accepting it thus far.  Will try again...

On 9/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, Joe Bauer said:

I am open to anything at this point.

Pamela, Haslam mentions in this interview that CBS's 60 Minutes spent 14 months investigating the JVB story before eventually deciding to let it go.

Is that a very long time to commit to investigating a major story even for 60 Minutes?  Maybe it isn't as well. I am not familiar with investigative time efforts for 60 Minutes.

Still, think of the 60 Minutes time, effort, money and man hours that went into this investigation.

Not hard to consider that CBS must have had enough material from Haslam and their own investigators that was intriguing enough for them to spend that much time on the case.

If Haslam's story was all an obvious and easily refuted money making scam, I believe 60 Minutes ( after decades of experience in screening out scam stories from honest ones ) would have caught this as such in the first few months.

I think your position is reasonable.  I don't have answers. I wish I did. The whole thing is something of a mystery to me as well.  I don't know how Haslam had the clout to impress them to begin with.  I do know that they became sufficiently uncomfortable with Judyth's ever-changing story to ask her to take some psych tests.  I don't recall if she did or not.  I do think there is more information on this that needs to come out...

Edited by Pamela Brown

On 9/20/2020 at 12:06 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Working together for who. . . ?  Surely not those who guided LHO at this late date in time, still.

I think Judyth helped Haslam with MF+TMV, and then he helped her with her story and book.  They pretended not to know each other until later.  

I don't know what this has to do with LHO.  I do think Judyth's intent has been to destroy Marina as a witness to LHO.  And I think she's done a good job of that, unfortunately. 

I did everything I could to talk to Marina, but she would not let me interview her because I had been involved with Judyth.  

5 hours ago, Rob Clark said:

Sounds like we got a J.V. Believer here!

Anyone with access to the WC exhibits in the last 55 years could have known Oswald had flip flops. (see photo below)

Prove anything you wrote in the last 2 posts pertaining to JVB's assertions, as being in any way factually correct..

Lots of speculation without documentation and straight up storytelling going on here.

Any proof/documents Reilly Coffee was a CIA front?

Dr. Mary's Monkey is a fictional novel, based almost entirely on speculation (Haslam's part) and lies (Baker's part)

I agree with DiEugenio that there wasn't a linear particle accelerator in New Orleans either. Evidence shows she was stabbed and burned...horrific yes, sinister...no.

For more on Tyler's upcoming documentary....

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_7022729c-95bf-5fc7-b9ab-8000e1336f6a.html

flip flop.jpg

Your right Rob.

Great pic.

Is that a camera case?

I am not a totally convinced JVB person. 

Yet, I do think there are just a few JVB claims that warrant at least some consideration.

Yes, hard to prove JVB claims.

But do you dismiss Haslam's claims as much as JVB's?

And you ask for proof of Reilly Coffee providing cover jobs for intel persons?

Jim Garrison himself is my source for that suggestion.

Richard Booth said, 

"Agreed that Riley is very interesting, seems like a cover job. In fact almost all of Oswald's places of employment are very interesting in that respect."

Judyth's story revolves around Riley Coffee.  Without that connection, she has nothing.  And yet she claims she and LHO met at the Post Office.  And she never brought forth a single one of the over 100 employees of Riley Coffee at the time to confirm that they had seen Lee and Judyth together.  

I think that speaks volumes...

Edited by Pamela Brown

2 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Richard Booth said, 

"Agreed that Riley is very interesting, seems like a cover job. In fact almost all of Oswald's places of employment are very interesting in that respect."

Judyth's story revolves around Riley Coffee.  Without that connection, she has nothing.  And yet she claims she and LHO met at the Post Office. 

And she never brought forth a single one of the over 100 employees of Riley Coffee at the time to confirm that they had seen Lee and Judyth together.  

I think that speaks volumes...

I worked for the local Hyatt Regency here in Monterey for about 9 months back in 1989.

This is a large resort type complex. 500 employees!

I worked in purchasing, lowest entry level trainee position.

Even though I was there for 9 months, I couldn't remember 99

% of the employees I engaged with 30 years ago. 

My immediate two bosses died within 10 years after my employment there.

I only made "one" half-way close friendship there.  He died 15 years ago. My social circle was outside of work and family.

JVB was employed at Reilly for how long? Very briefly I have read.

Not enough time to develop any close friendships I would imagine and her position seemed quite contained in one office. She may not have remembered even her immediate boss's name. 

And after 30+ years until she came forward, memories of specific employees she may have had some contact with would be so hard to remember.

I worked a few 1,2 and 3 month menial labor jobs at JVB's Reilly Coffee age.

Kentucky Fried Chicken, hotel gardening, temp jobs with a company called "Manpower."

I couldn't remember a name or face of other employees on these jobs within 6 months after leaving them. Didn't JVB flip burgers for a few days once also?

Not trying to make JVB out to be some innocent truthful person here. But the fact she couldn't produce anyone from Reilly Coffee to verify seeing her there let alone an often job skipping Oswald or anyone seeing them together entering or leaving their jobs there has no weight in proving or disproving her employment there imo.

Those W-2s are suspicious. What does JVB say to counter claims that they are forgeries?

Edited by Joe Bauer