The Education Forum

If Oswald Was an Intelligence Agent of Some Sort, How Was He Manipulated Into Being a Patsy?

Thank's Malcolm.

I'm pretty sure he was in the D-day Op so that, if so, accounts for France and Italy leaves open the possibility that, along with others of interest, and things like Gladio, the Strategy of Tension, The Cairo Bureau, the OSS in Italy, Angleton, The Black Prince, and even R.R. Carr fits into a mix of avenues to follow, in particularly if Walker was near Cassini and what his supposed unit was doing at the time of Anzio and of course who he was connected to then which of course could beg a shift in focus for some. So, imo, it is important to resolve what his Italy period was.

I've come across apparently conflicting data like there was a Walker near Monte Cassini but not The Walker or it was two Walkers and The Walker was yet on the promotional ladder. or...

John,this site seems to have something relating to Major General Edwin Walker and Anzio.

During World War II, Walker commanded a subunit of the Canadian-American First Special Service Force in the invasion of Anzio, Italy in January 1944. In August 1944, Walker succeeded Robert T. Frederick as the unit's commanding officer.

Source:

http://www.enotes.com/topic/Edwin_Walker

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roscoe White sounds very much like Badgeman from,

http://www.spartacus...k/JFKwhiteR.htm

Roscoe White joined the United StatesMarines and left for Japan in August, 1957. He was stationed at Atsugi and worked on the U-2 project.

White joined the Dallas Police Force in September, 1963.

Soon afterwards, his wife Geneva White, claimed that she overheard her husband and Jack Ruby plotting the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

White left the police force and was employed by a company called M&M Equipment.

On 23rd September, 1971, White and a fellow worker, Richard Adair were both badly burnt in an industrial fire. Adair recovered but White died the following day.

On 4h September, 1990, Roscoe's son, Ricky White, revealed to a meeting at the University of Texas that his father had been involved in killing the president: "The diary said after my father shot the President he handed his 7.65 Mauser to the man standing beside him, hurled over the fence, took the film from the military man, whirled around the fence and went through the parking lot."

White added that Lee Harvey Oswald had also taken part but had not fired any of the shots. White then went on to kill J.D. Tippit.

Ricky White claimed he had got this information from his father's diary. This apparently had been taken away by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

That's the story as I've read it, too, Malcom, and the reason I raised Roscoe White was to help answer Tommy's question: whether anybody here thinks that Lee Harvey Oswald was spying for the good guys (the CIA, FBI, ONI etc.), and if so, how this sort of person could be tricked into being the patsy.

I think that it's highly unlikely (if not impossible) for any US Agent to be made into a patsy. It would be easy, however, for a wannabe and a failure to be made into a patsy. This is where the story of Roscoe White plays a role in my opinion about Oswald.

(1.0) If Oswald was one of the good guys, then he would have probably had an ID card, so the Dallas Police Department (DPD) would have avoided him.

(2.0) If Oswald was one of the good guys, but a DPD accessory to the plot (e.g. Roscoe White) arrested him anyway, then Oswald could have easily told the Press the truth on those two occassions when they interviewed Oswald in custody, or in the hallway when he became suspicious for the first time. But he didn't.

(3.0) Ricky White's testimony that his father, Roscoe White, also killed J.D. Tippit was confirmed by a 14-year-old Dallas boy, Mike Robinson, who lived in a neighborhood on Tippit's beat.

(3.1) This is according to the 1995 book, Treachery in Dallas, by Walt Brown. (Although I don't agree with all of Brown's theory, some of his facts are outstanding, IMHO.)

(3.2) The boys in that neighborhood would tease Tippit regularly, so they knew who he was. When the boys heard Tippit was shot, they rode their bikes to the DPD.

(3.3) The boys watched as Oswald was marched into the Police Station.

(3.4) The boys watched officer Hagis (the motorcycle cop behind JFK) enter, spattered with blood and brains, and throwing a tantrum.

(3.5) Mike went to the DPD basement to find a bathroom, and sat inside a stall. He heard men enter, so he crouched on the toilet seat - invisible and quiet.

(3.6) The men were arguing and Mike remembered phrases such as: "Now you have to kill Lee!" and, "You should have killed him already!" and, "Why did you have to kill a policeman?!"

(3.7) After they left, Mike waited a while, and then quietly left; but the three men were talking outside in the hall, and one of them stared very hard at Mike. That was Roscoe White.

(3.8) Mike Robinson felt 100% certain at that moment that Roscoe White killed J.D. Tippit.

(4.0) Chief Jesse Curry firmly insisted that Roscoe White was not a Dallas Policeman in November, 1963 -- and that is technically correct -- White was a trainee at that time.

(5.0) According to Ron Lewis (Flashback: The Untold Story of Lee Harvey Oswald, 1993) Lee Harvey Oswald told Ron personally that he was being blackmailed to be part of the JFK plot, and that Roscoe White would be the shooter.

(5.1) Oswald told this to Ron Lewis over the course of several weeks in New Orleans during the summer of 1963. The cause of the blackmail was that Oswald confessed to the Minutemen that he was the one who shot at General Edwin Walker back in April, 1963.

(5.2) Ron Lewis advised Oswald to run away, or somehow get out of that mess. Oswald insisted that he was in control, and had it all figured out.

(5.3) (By the way, also that summer Oswald got the "bright" idea to hijack a jet plane to Cuba, and he ordered Ron Lewis to accompany him. Ron declined, told Oswald it was suicide, and told him instead to hijack a charter airplane, because it's only 90 miles from Miami to Havana. "Really?" chimed Oswald. That night (according to Marina Oswald) Lee said to Marina, "Did you know it's only 90 miles from Miami to Havana?" Marina also told Lee he was foolish to think about hi-jacking anything to go anywhere.)

So, Malcom, I think we might agree that the idea of Oswald working for a Government Agency when he was knee-deep in trouble with the Minutemen of Dallas (Walker, White) and the Minutemen of New Orleans (Banister, Ferrie) makes no sense.

I'm reminded of the words of George De Mohrenschildt to the Warren Commision on 23 April 1964, when asked if he believed that Oswald was employed by any Government Agency: "I never would believe that any government would be stupid enough to trust Lee with anything important."

Surely De Mohrenschildt was exaggerating, because he also admitted he found Lee Oswald more interesting to talk with than his own children -- but De Mohrenschildt was expressing his disappointment with Lee's shooting at General Walker (and getting De Mohrenschildt involved in that since De Mohrenschildt was probably Oswald's babysitter for the US Government), and also his disappointment that Lee like to boast and talk out of school whenever he thought he could get away with it. Lee hadn't fully learned how to keep his mouth shut.

The entry of Roscoe White into the story of the JFK assassination arises from the New Orleans period -- which arises from the Walker shooting period. It shows that Oswald was knee-deep in troubles of his own making.

Therefore, Lee Oswald could be made into a patsy precisely because he wasn't an official member of the FBI, CIA, ONI or another Government Agency.

Come to think of it, the notion that Lee Harvey Oswald was really one of the 'good guys' first came from Oswald's mother, and secondly from Mark Lane (Oswald's mother's attorney) and then from Jim Garrison who wanted to clear the table of suspects so he could focus attention on his own suspects.

In other words, the value of the theory that Lee Harvey Oswald was one of the 'good guys' came at a time when most of the world believed that Lee Harvey Oswald was the one and only Lone Gunman who killed JFK out of a personal weakness.

The story persisted for 15 years because it was half-true -- Lee Harvey Oswald was desperate to impress certain people in his life.

However, in 1979 the U.S. Government no longer promoted the Lone Gunman theory. The official theory of the JFK as told by the HSCA and the NARA is that Lee Harvey Oswald had accomplices, although there was not enough evidence in 1979 to identify them (and then the HSCA ran out of funds).

So, we really don't need the 'good guy' Oswald theory anymore, because we don't have to bother with the Lone Gunman Oswald anymore.

Oswald, though guilty, did not act alone. Identifying his accomplices is the true business of the JFK Researcher today, IMHO.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

I think that it's highly unlikely (if not impossible) for any US Agent to be made into a patsy.

Richard Case Nagell? Like Oswald, Nagell was former-military, worked as a domestic intelligence operative for more than one agency, without official status. (He was ex-DIA.)

Was Oswald an operative when he went to Russia? If so, he was less "wannabe" than Cuba-infiltrating stone killers like Loran Hall, Larry Howard. Was he appreciated, high or low in the echelons, for defecting and returning? Did anyone think he was important, an intelligence hero, CIA officer material? Probably not. They'd made him the worst sort of damaged goods, a socal pariah, a perennial suspect..

Was he an op afterward in the US, setting up what was probably passed off to him as a "sting operation" in starting the FPCC chapter? I suspect that if Oz didn't become a civilian, a "straight," as hipsters used to say, it wasn't through poverty or discontent, or the stigma of a Russian wife and his defector's past, nor out of his own political inclinations - it was because somebody wanted a "Lefty Lee" operative in the field. I wonder if this line of work was sold to him as the sequel to his defection. Somehow, though. "Lefty Lee" got inside more right-wing activities than left-wing ones.

I'm not an Oswald heroizer. Nagell's caution to Dick Russell that researchers should make no mistake because Oz "was in it up to his neck" counts for something with me. But Oz may have been under such deep cover that Nagell may not have seen all there was to him. Or maybe not.

Edited by David Andrews

I think that it's highly unlikely (if not impossible) for any US Agent to be made into a patsy.

Richard Case Nagell? Like Oswald, Nagell was former-military, worked as a domestic intelligence operative for more than one agency, without official status. (He was ex-DIA.)

Was Oswald an operative when he went to Russia? If so, he was less "wannabe" than Cuba-infiltrating stone killers like Loran Hall, Larry Howard. Was he appreciated, high or low in the echelons, for defecting and returning? Did anyone think he was important, an intelligence hero, CIA officer material? Probably not. They'd made him the worst sort of damaged goods, a socal pariah, a perennial suspect..

Was he an op afterward in the US, setting up what was probably passed off to him as a "sting operation" in starting the FPCC chapter? I suspect that if Oz didn't become a civilian, a "straight," as hipsters used to say, it wasn't through poverty or discontent, or the stigma of a Russian wife and his defector's past, nor out of his own political inclinations - it was because somebody wanted a "Lefty Lee" operative in the field. I wonder if this line of work was sold to him as the sequel to his defection. Somehow, though. "Lefty Lee" got inside more right-wing activities than left-wing ones.

I'm not an Oswald heroizer. Nagell's caution to Dick Russell that researchers should make no mistake because Oz "was in it up to his neck" counts for something with me. But Oz may have been under such deep cover that Nagell may not have seen all there was to him. Or maybe not.

It's a good question, David. Nagell was a secret agent, and he claimed that he was being set-up to be a patsy as well, which is why Nagell took the extraordinary measures he took to get himself arrested by local police (which also backfired on him).

Also, Gerry Patrick Hemming, years ago in this Forum, once claimed that he and his crew were being set-up by J. Edgar Hoover as patsies for a different JFK plot, but Hemming instructed his crew to show up without weapons, and so foiled Hoover's plans.

I believe it was in that same post that Hemming said that Hoover would regularly hire low-level operatives from criminal and desperate classes of society because they were expendable to him -- and Hoover would have a plausible deniability that the FBI would ever associate with somebody so unreliable.

Yet as you suggested, David, this didn't apply to the 'straight' operatives, i.e. the actual Agents and professionals. It only applied to expendible operatives that could be bought and sold to the highest bidder. They were regarded as mercenaries, or as 'contractors.'

The question I would ask about Nagell and others like him, is whether they were full-fledged Agents, or merely 'temps,' i.e. part-time operatives on secret (and deniable) assignments.

For me, it raises the recent question somebody asked -- is it possible that right-wing groups would ever fight amongst themselves? In other words, in the case under discussion, could there have been a right-wing pecking order?

If so, then there was probably also a continual competition amongst the groups for position, prestige and funding.

If so, then there was certainly also a 'loser' class at the bottom of the right-wing pecking order. This is where the patsies were to be found.

There was another thread this year in which double-agents were considered. Poor double-agent! He would soon learn that nobody trusted him, and that he was the most expendible of them all. Thus Nagell. Thus Oswald, IMHO. Both were double-agents, obviously.

Finaly, Hemming hinted that it was often demoralizing to feed at the bottom. But look at the problems: there was a large movement in the USA to support Castro, which suddenly shifted into a movement to oppose Castro. Gerry Patrick Hemming admitted that he was a part of that movement. So was Frank Sturgis. So was David Ferrie. So was Harry Dean.

These were committed soldiers, and the Cold War turned out to be more confusing than anybody imagined. One can easily imagine that hundreds or even thousands would be caught in the under-tow of that political wave, and that they would be quickly disowned by those at the top of that pyramid.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Thank's Malcolm.

I'm pretty sure he was in the D-day Op so that, if so, accounts for France and Italy leaves open the possibility that, along with others of interest, and things like Gladio, the Strategy of Tension, The Cairo Bureau, the OSS in Italy, Angleton, The Black Prince, and even R.R. Carr fits into a mix of avenues to follow, in particularly if Walker was near Cassini and what his supposed unit was doing at the time of Anzio and of course who he was connected to then which of course could beg a shift in focus for some. So, imo, it is important to resolve what his Italy period was.

I've come across apparently conflicting data like there was a Walker near Monte Cassini but not The Walker or it was two Walkers and The Walker was yet on the promotional ladder. or...

John,this site seems to have something relating to Major General Edwin Walker and Anzio.

During World War II, Walker commanded a subunit of the Canadian-American First Special Service Force in the invasion of Anzio, Italy in January 1944. In August 1944, Walker succeeded Robert T. Frederick as the unit's commanding officer.

Source:

http://www.enotes.co...ic/Edwin_Walker

Hmmm, it would be good to lay this baby to rest if only to move on.

The things that were happening during the time of the landing at Anzio led in a strange way (message/code mix-up supposedly) to it's failure. The people whose interests were served by its failure were not only the Germans in having more time eliminating left wing northern partisans but also of course non German anti-Communists. Like J. J. Angleton* for example and factions in the Cairo Bureau (which perhaps tenuously has something to do with the Raten-Lines to the Middle East after the war, and perhaps less tenuously to the tradeoff of Greece by Stalin (which probably has something to do with what's going on in Greece today)).

Whatever ones take on events, here is an opportunity to look at an early Walker who appears in a somewhat mysterious milieu. Is it possible to get detailed service records from this time?

Indeed, was he .. wait for it... OSS ?

PS I think it has been established I'm nuts so I reserve the right to ask nutty questions.

edit add * who shielded the Black Prince after Italy was liberated. Also Gladio and the Strategy of Tension, imo, is relevant here.

Edited by John Dolva

...The things that were happening during the time of the landing at Anzio led in a strange way (message/code mix-up supposedly) to it's failure. The people whose interests were served by its failure were not only the Germans in having more time eliminating left wing northern partisans but also of course non-German anti-Communists. Like J. J. Angleton...and factions in the Cairo Bureau....

Whatever ones take on events, here is an opportunity to look at an early Walker who appears in a somewhat mysterious milieu. Is it possible to get detailed service records from this time?

Indeed, was he .. wait for it... OSS ? ...

John, I tried for months to get detailed service records from Walker's Army files. The Army turned me down three separate times, because I'm not family, and he resigned after 1960, so it's too early to make his service record public.

Yet I'm puzzled by this result, because I thought Jim Root said that he himself obtained Walker's service records. Perhaps I misunderstood. Since Jim Root started the thread on Walker (years ago) I wonder if he'd be willing to chime in about Walker's Army records.

Walker's courage and boldness are matters of history, I believe. He was a WW2 hero, which earns him a lot of respect in the USA. Perhaps it also earned him a measure of immunity for misbehavior, too, because he basically walked away from the riots of Ole Miss (with hundreds wounded and two killed) with a smooth Grand Jury acquittal, and he sued the newspapers for tens of millions of dollars for libel. (Yet Bishop Duncan Gray to this very day insists that Edwin Walker was as guilty as sin.)

Walker was complex -- he was a WW2 hero -- but he was also something more; he was a tortured soul because he was a US General and was probably gay at a time when that was a crime in the Army. Living in the closet might drive anybody mad.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Again (and I think this points to a fundamental disagreement between you and I, not about Walkers complicity but the underlying reasons) which can lead to a change in perspective. I keep getting hung up on aspects of your reasonings. Here we agree that Walkers records are of interest.

I also contend that he may very well have been 'mad' since very early on. I have never heard or read about anyone becoming homosexual but rather realising that one IS homosexual, so therefore this conflict was there on some level all his life. Maybe denial was a driving force in much of his life.

What I'm getting at is to properly understand Walker and put in context all events in his life and not try to argue a belated change as a sign of an emerging madness but rather a natural progression from multitudinous denial ridden choices throughout his life. Therefore all connections he had throughout his life is important to nail down his raisons d'etre and that begs a looseness in thinking that may necessitate a new look at things and a letting go of things perhaps not so important to the central theme of complicity in order to ferret out the full facts of the Conspiracy.

Thank's Malcolm.

Source:

http://www.enotes.co...ic/Edwin_Walker

Hmmm, it would be good to lay this baby to rest if only to move on.

The things that were happening during the time of the landing at Anzio led in a strange way (message/code mix-up supposedly) to it's failure. The people whose interests were served by its failure were not only the Germans in having more time eliminating left wing northern partisans but also of course non German anti-Communists. Like J. J. Angleton* for example and factions in the Cairo Bureau (which perhaps tenuously has something to do with the Raten-Lines to the Middle East after the war, and perhaps less tenuously to the tradeoff of Greece by Stalin (which probably has something to do with what's going on in Greece today)).

Indeed, was he .. wait for it... OSS ?

PS I think it has been established I'm nuts so I reserve the right to ask nutty questions.

edit add * who shielded the Black Prince after Italy was liberated. Also Gladio and the Strategy of Tension, imo, is relevant here.(emphasis added by T. Graves)

John,

Working from memory here I believe Douglas Valentine in The Strength of the Wolf has the young OSS officer James Jesus Angleton protecting some big time Sicilian and Sicilian-American narcotics-running mafiosi during WW II in exchange for their Operation Gladio-benefiting Intel.

A mobbed-up Angleton (working in concert with a mobbed-up J. Edgar Hoover) fascinates me because it would explain why Angleton wanted to get rid of Kennedy-- J.J. knew that JFK was getting ready to pull out of the French Connection's heroin-production region of S.E. Asia and because his RFK had been coming down hard on Angleton's mafia buddies in the U.S.

As John Newman says in "Oswald and the CIA", Angleton was the only person capable of 1) planning the assassination, 2) managing the assassination, and 3) orchestrating the cover up.

Sincerely,

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Yes, he's a kind of nexus and re Italy at a particular decisive time he was in the same area as Walker* (Rome, between which and Anzio the mixup caused the Anzio debacle) and that could be significant but without records whether it is or not one can only speculate. I think modern Historians today can't agree om what exactly happened re the initially hugely successful Landing.

*(and supposedly also DP Witness R. R. Carr whom Tom has done some great work on)

(also there are some otherwise related H.D. Holmes matters here too)

Yes, he's a kind of nexus and re Italy at a particular decisive time he was in the same area as Walker* (Rome, between which and Anzio the mixup caused the Anzio debacle) and that could be significant but without records whether it is or not one can only speculate. I think modern Historians today can't agree on what exactly happened re the initially hugely successful Landing.

*(and supposedly also DP Witness R. R. Carr whom Tom has done some great work on)

John,

I'm too lazy to "research" it right now, but I'm wondering if Richard Cain was at Anzio, etc?

A known Spanish-speaking, Chicago-based, Mafioso/LE Officer and bugging expert who spent a lot of time in Mexico, Cain was very likely working for the FBN/CIA (i.e. Angleton/Bill Harvey)-liased Mexican Intel in M.C. when "Oswald" was there.

Edit: Well I was wrong about the Anzio bit, but Cain, in my mind, definitely remains a "person of interest"..

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edited by Thomas Graves

Yes, he's a kind of nexus and re Italy at a particular decisive time he was in the same area as Walker* (Rome, between which and Anzio the mixup caused the Anzio debacle) and that could be significant but without records whether it is or not one can only speculate. I think modern Historians today can't agree on what exactly happened re the initially hugely successful Landing.

John,

I'm too lazy to "research" it right now, but I'm wondering if Richard Cain was at Anzio, etc?

A known Spanish-speaking, Chicago-based, Mafioso/LE Officer and bugging expert who spent a lot of time in Mexico, Cain was very likely working for the FBN/CIA (i.e. Angleton/Bill Harvey)-liased Mexican Intel in M.C. when "Oswald" was there.

Edit: Well I was wrong about the Anzio bit, but Cain, in my mind, definitely remains a "person of interest"..

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

So, whaddayall say we get back to the true subject of this thread: General Edwin Walker?

LOL

Edited by Thomas Graves

So okay, does anyone here think General Edwin Anderson Walker might have had anything to do with the manipulating of Lee Harvey Oswald into being the "just a patsy" figure that Oswald himself told reporters that he was?

If so, how?

Thank you,,

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

In short:

Oswald had already expressed his alliance with the Minutemen and he wanted to bring to the table a new agenda. He was naive and foolish. This made him open to being fooled.

The Reagan Ruckus reveals that the JBS is ready to take a position of opposition or support of an individual (in this case Reagan) depending on which would yield the best outcome.

Having gotten involved with the Minutemen Oswald believed that whatever planned role he had would lead to an outcome in line with his own views. However he was a bit-player in a far larger drama of which he didn't have the right script for.

He was a fool who was cheated, which is essentially the traditional theatrical role of a 'Patsy' only for Oswald it wasn't a play and he didn't realise his real role until it was too late.

In short:

Oswald had already expressed his alliance with the Minutemen and he wanted to bring to the table a new agenda. He was naive and foolish. This made him open to being fooled.

The Reagan Ruckus reveals that the JBS is ready to take a position of opposition or support of an individual (in this case Reagan) depending on which would yield the best outcome.

Having gotten involved with the Minutemen Oswald believed that whatever planned role he had would lead to an outcome in line with his own views. However he was a bit-player in a far larger drama of which he didn't have the right script for.

He was a fool who was cheated, which is essentially the traditional theatrical role of a 'Patsy' only for Oswald it wasn't a play and he didn't realise his real role until it was too late.

John,

Sorry to sound "dense", but what exactly was the "new agenda" that Oswald wanted to bring to the Minutemen's "table"?

Thanks,

Edited by Thomas Graves

He wrote it on his way to the US, In a diary I think from memory. Again from memory it was a disillusionment with Communism and Capitalism and expressed an admiration for the Minutemen which I suppose was about Constitutionalism and the solution he came up with was that a struggle needed to be brought to the fore in the US between Communism and Capitalism out of which the Minutemen program a la Oswald would emerge as the triumphant choice.

This is a typical Fascist solution to defeat Communism. The NAZIS did so and Golden Dawn and others try to do so today. Appeal to the working class with the blessings and funding of Capital. This is the format Capitalism adopts when approaching its death throes. It is also the time when Communism must maintain a disciplined unity based on its fundamental moral stance on people before profit and be at the vanguard opposing the immorality of Fascism.