The Education Forum

Focus your research on Zapruder, he is the key

Focus you research on Zapruder. He is and always has been the key to solving this crime. Try to figure out exactly what Zapruder did in the seconds after he got down from the pedestal.

Zapruder is the "elephant in the room". Since words matter let me spell it out. The phrase "elephant in the room" is an idiom that we use when talking about a single instance of something that is an obvious, unavoidable truth that people still insist on not talking about. The phrase comes from the idea that having an elephant in your living room is a large obvious problem but it is easier to not talk about or confront it because its a problem that cannot be solved without some difficulty. 

idiom -  a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having stood on such an obvious perch, and with several companions near to give advice (Marilyn Sitzman and the Hester couple), how did that man leave the Plaza with his camera, while people were having their cameras seized all over - including Mary Moorman's Polaroid, almost directly across the street?

I mean, I'm sure some cameras weren't confiscated that day - but, y'know...

"Um, gee, Abe - the police might like to see that!"

Edited by David Andrews

I think Zapruder knew he had something worth a lot of money. He may have also considered that the value of it would be greater if he sold it before other films surfaced. He took off so quickly he was ten steps ahead of Miss Stitzman. I have wondered about his motivation to leave so quickly when the normal reaction would to be stunned after the event. 

3 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

I think Zapruder knew he had something worth a lot of money. He may have also considered that the value of it would be greater if he sold it before other films surfaced. He took off so quickly he was ten steps ahead of Miss Stitzman. I have wondered about his motivation to leave so quickly when the normal reaction would to be stunned after the event. 

He may have been a pragmatic "good citizen".  Make some money (nothing wrong with that, in my humble opinion), and make sure it gets developed before it can "up and mysteriously disappear."

--  TG

12 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

He may have been a pragmatic "good citizen".  Make some money (nothing wrong with that, in my humble opinion), and make sure it gets developed before it can "up and mysteriously disappear."

--  TG

Or before one of the counterfeit SS agents using actual SS IDs (probably stolen at the nightclub where the SS was partying until early in the morning) could demand the film from him ala Arnold near Zapruder on the grassy knoll.

Isn't anyone hear going to ask this guy why he started a thread like this with that pretentious title?

17 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Having stood on such an obvious perch, and with several companions near to give advice (Marilyn Sitzman and the Hester couple), how did that man leave the Plaza with his camera, while people were having their cameras seized all over - including Mary Moorman's Polaroid, almost directly across the street?

I mean, I'm sure some cameras weren't confiscated that day - but, y'know...

"Um, gee, Abe - the police might like to see that!"

I need my memory refreshed. Who exactly had their cameras seized at the scene? As I recall, Moorman was approached not by police or SS but by a newsman. Did Willis, Altgens, or others have theirs seized, or were their pics made available later?

As for Zapruder being conspicuous, like an elephant in the room, how about Dark-Complected Man calmly sitting down on the curb and using what looks like a walkie talkie, alongside Umbrella Man taking break from his bobbing umbrella? Then they stroll away, DCM with what looks like some kind of apparatus on his back, supposedly hidden under his jacket.

I can certainly see how some individuals at the scene might have been strategically ignored in plain sight. But did every cop there know that DCM or UM or Z was supposed to be ignored?

Let me repeat:

Isn't anyone hear going to ask this guy why he started a thread like this with that pretentious title?

Mike, why did you start a thread like this with that pretentious title?

im involved with a project that is taking land-based and aerial laser measurements of DP and the limo that will be true as opposed to the manipulations by Dale myers. we will then create a 3-D version of the Z-film that can be viewed from any perspective. 

6 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

OK:

WHY?

WHY?

WHY?

Mike can no longer post on the forum, so your why's are all futile.