The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

On 11/27/2019 at 4:22 PM, Cliff Varnell said:

I have described it -- repeatedly.  You just refuse to acknowledge it.  And chances are you will continue to play Whack-A-Mole on the subject.

These 11 Mueller Report Myths Just Won’t Die. Here’s Why They’re Wrong

https://time.com/5610317/mueller-report-myths-breakdown/

Myth: Mueller found “no collusion.”

Let's be clear here. "Collusion" is instructing the South Vietnamese government not to participate in peace talks as there will be a "better deal" after the election. Collusion is striking a deal with the Iranians to delay the release of the hostages in return for a large amount of military equipment.

Collusion is not:

- distribution of internal Republican Party polling data by its campaign manager to business associates

- communications with a foreign ambassador during a presidential transition

- non existent communications with Wikileaks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Everyone here knows who Alexandra Chalupa is, don't they?

1871842186_Chalupa2019-11-28175115.jpg.eb9961016930befe10d466de007b53d9.jpg

I'm not a psychiatrist, so I understand that my diagnoses that she is becoming "unhinged", if not that she is already completely "unhinged", is likely not how a professional clinician would describe her condition.

Seems like a threat W. Niederhut, doesn't it?

More like wishful thinking.

I've never heard of Ms. Chalupa.

As for Trump's fitness for high office, I do have serious concerns.

At his most recent rally in Florida, Trump called the stock market the "sock rocket." He is also ranting in increasingly bizarre, grandiose monologues that are virtual word salads.

IMO, Trump is exhibiting signs of dementia-- and people suffering from dementia also typically experience an unmasking of their underlying personality disorders, including narcissism.  He reminds me of demented, narcissistic old guys in nursing homes who get angry and punch the nurses.

8 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Everyone here knows who Alexandra Chalupa is, don't they?

1871842186_Chalupa2019-11-28175115.jpg.eb9961016930befe10d466de007b53d9.jpg

I'm not a psychiatrist, so I understand that my diagnoses that she is becoming "unhinged", if not that she is already completely "unhinged", is likely not how a professional clinician would describe her condition.

Seems like a threat W. Niederhut, doesn't it?

As we reported in December 2018, Andrii Telizhenko was approached by DNC operative Alexandra Chalupa in early 2016. Chalupa wanted dirt on candidate Trump and his campaign manager Paul Manafort. The Ukrainian embassy in Washington DC worked CLOSELY with the DNC operative Chalupa. 

I notice that you didn't mention the source of the above quote, Robert. Could it be because it was from an ultra right supporting site  which is cited by Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, The Drudge Report, The Blaze, Mark Levin, FOX (Faux?)Nation and by several international news organizations?

Edited by Ray Mitcham

17 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

I am sure many of this thread's participants have been busy the past few days and have not had a chance to peruse the Trump Administration Collusion information I posted yesterday.

Donald Trump's former Attorney General Jeff Sessions sure seems to deserve a closer look. One can only guess as to why Donald Trump picked Jeff Sessions to be his first AG.

In addition to the DOJ documents I previously linked to, the group looking into Sessions, and his connections to a Law Firm that Lobbied for a "Russia" linked defense contractor has a lot of information on its website.

It would be great if Niederhut or Bob or any of the other "Free Ukraine" crowd could opine as to why these clear and convincing incidents of collusion are not front and center on the WAPO and NY Times.

To me this seems like somebody's idea of settling a score with an adversary, on first blush. I don't know whether Sessions knew him from a golf club or any other number of innocent reasons which may explain contributing money to a campaign.

Almost anyone can be painted to look as if some nefarious activity could be going on behind closed doors but the biggest problem I have with the information presented is that it fails the "elevator pitch test". Can the supposed grievance be explained in such a way that it's underpinnings can be readily understood and the nuances be aligned with that theme? I'm not there yet because the author of the site refers to himself in the third person and the assertions he lays out are convoluted and vague.

I didn't and probably won't spend much time on it - so I may be missing something (or a lot haha) - but I really didn't find his presentation very well formulated.

16 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

It is from Twitter. She wrote it. Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

Niederhut doesn't recognize Chalupa and you don't recognize Twitter.

No wonder why this is so easy.

Robert,

Chalupa sounds like something that can be full of beans, beef, or chicken.

In your case, I'm guessing it's  beans.

Meanwhile, any thoughts about Trump's "sock rocket?"  🙄

26 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

It is from Twitter. She wrote it. Here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

Niederhut doesn't recognize Chalupa and you don't recognize Twitter.

No wonder why this is so easy.

Seems you misunderstood my post, Robert.

I meant your last utterance.
"As we reported in December 2018, Andrii Telizhenko was approached by DNC operative Alexandra Chalupa in early 2016. Chalupa wanted dirt on candidate Trump and his campaign manager Paul Manafort. The Ukrainian embassy in Washington DC worked CLOSELY with the DNC operative Chalupa. "

This from a Trump supporting site. 

Edited by Ray Mitcham

10 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Robert,

Chalupa sounds like something that can be full of beans, beef, or chicken.

In your case, I'm guessing it's  beans.

Meanwhile, any thoughts about Trump's "sock rocket?"  🙄

Robert,

I have noticed that you almost never respond to any of the references or questions that I post in these forum dialogues-- opting, instead, to post ad hominem slurs and more articles from the GOP Trumpaganda blog-o-sphere.

Did you even read the new Who What Why interview with Glenn Simpson about his new book, Crime in Progress?

As a guy who has repeatedly denounced the Steele Dossier as "fake," you should find the true backstory interesting-- the flip-side of the Fox News Trumpaganda on the subject.

14 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Are you guys on the same mailing list?

Seth Davin Norrholm, an associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Emory University School of Medicine, is arguing that the president should undergo a full neurological examination after yet another video showed him slurring his words in public. https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2019/11/psychiatry-professor-calls-for-a-full-neurological-workup-after-trump-touts-record-sock-rocket-at-rally/

It is going to be hard for this latest narrative to get some traction because it failed the first time it was tried. https://dstate-analytics.blogspot.com/2019/07/trumps-texas-oil-womanshrink-mossbacher.html

It looks like the impeachment thing is not working out, so were going to try to pull out the 25th Amendment card again? Boring.

Taco Bell Chalupa - made with seasoned beef.

Alexandra Chalupa is even spicier.

She is a central figure in this whole thing. I'm a little disappointed you're not as engaged as I thought.

1)   FYI.  I don't base my opinions about Trump's paraphasic errors and personality disorder on "mailing lists."  I base them on direct observations of his behavior.

2)   Huh?  Impeachment isn't "working out?"   On which planet-- Uranus?   Are you implying that Trump hasn't engaged in litanies of daily lies, war crimes, flagrant violations of the Emoluments clause, extortion, bribery, environmental desecration, fraudulent tax policies, and covert sabotage of the public health?

As for your Trumpaganda Deep State conspiracy chalupa, where's the beef?

On 11/28/2019 at 11:30 AM, Robert Wheeler said:
On 11/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Robert,

You do know, don't you, that Black Hall Aerospace services helicopters from around the world, not just Russian made ones?

What makes you think that the company uses the Russian language for business transactions? I mean, besides those in the company who service their Russian accounts?

The website author has an issue with the use of Russian business terms. I just posted the quote.

The link provided has the quote and and lots of other information. 

You understand that’s why I put the text in quotes, don’t you?

Of course I understood that you were quoting what others had written. But I also understood that you believed what they'd written when you referred to it as "these clear and convincing incidents of collusion."

I wanted to know why you believed things that appear not to be based on any evidence.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 11/28/2019 at 11:34 AM, Jeff Carter said:

It starts from the simple observation that a known "GRU operative" does not work for the National Endowment for Democracy for ten years, just as a "Marxist Marine" doesn't serve as a radar operator at Atsugi.

Oh really??

Kilimnik worked for the International Republican Institute, which promotes American center-right concepts of "freedom" and "democracy."  Non-profit.  Non-Governmental Organization. Closely associated with the United States Agency for International Development.  Offices all over the world.  In every one of their offices they employ locals.  A certain number of the local staff will have ties to the host country's intelligence services.

Konstantin Kilimnik was perfect for the role.  A great pick for the Americans because Kostya wasn't a former GRU employee per se, and perfect for the Russians to keep tabs on most of the IRI's activities in Moscow .  Both sides try to mushroom the other -- keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em sh-t.

Despite their credentials, the reporters you cite are simply repeating spoon-fed information.

First you said the Mueller report discredited"Russian collusion".  Then you found that claim readily debunked.  So now you try to discredit the Mueller Report yourself?

Going Full Metal Trump on us, Jeff?

The only reporter actually doing his job on this issue actually dug up the fact Kliminik was briefing the State Department for years, as the Mueller people well knew even as they deliberately fed a false portrayal to the stenographers.

Of course Kilimnik briefed the State Department for years!  Just like he briefed the Ukrainian government under Yanukovych and the Putin government in Moscow.

He operated in all three countries, and in order to maintain maximum freedom of movement he had to give every one something.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/447394-key-figure-that-mueller-report-linked-to-russia-was-a-state-department

(you will gnash your teeth over the reporter, but the information has not been disavowed, just ignored)

Your observations are not "simple" so much as "simplistic."

Edited by Cliff Varnell

From what I can tell, this is, essentially, a forum of historians.   So, surely, I can't be the only one around here who is horrified by this story at The Hill this morning.   It's like reading a page out of George Orwell's 1984.  

Poll: Majority of Republicans say Trump better president than Lincoln

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/472460-poll-majority-of-republicans-say-trump-better-president-than-lincoln

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

From what I can tell, this is, essentially, a forum of historians.   So, surely, I can't be the only one around here who is horrified by this story at The Hill this morning.   It's like reading a page out of George Orwell's 1984.  

Poll: Majority of Republicans say Trump better president than Lincoln

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/472460-poll-majority-of-republicans-say-trump-better-president-than-lincoln

I wonder whether these polls simply reflect a shrinking number of people identifying themselves as Republicans. Quite possible.

Canadian sports betting portal CanadaSportsBetting.ca has announced the launch of a new betting market, enabling the public to bet on US President Donald Trump’s alleged mistruths, as recorded by the Washington Post Trump Fact-Checker.

According to the Fact Checker, Trump is averaging 603 lies per-month so far in 2019, and from January 1 to October 9 2019, he has apparently told 5,785 lies. In January this year, bettors won $276,424 wagering on how much he would would lie in ...his Oval Office address and now bookmakers are taking bets on his total for 2019.

“Now, for the first time ever, sports bettors can bet on Donald Trump’s lie-total at the end of the year.” said Daniel Templeton, COO of operations at CanadaSportsBetting.ca. “Our analysis suggested a significant probability that the US President will continue to tell mistruths, surpassing a total of 14,000 lies (according to the Washington Post fact-checker) by the end of the year. ...

On 11/29/2019 at 5:57 AM, Robert Wheeler said:

That's all you had to say and is possibly applicable here, and is worth considering in the entire context of attempting to get rid of Trump

If not applicable here (ie. Sessions was involved in legitimately nefarious activities) then Session's looks like another Swamp creature. The Swamp has both Rs & Ds.

There are many layers to this Sessions case (or non-case if it looks nefarious but isn't, as you suggested.) 

Any Senator is going to have business (public) with constituents from all over the societal and political spectrum. I have worked with prominent Senators on issues with the VA regarding specific constituents and the two largest banks in the US in a similar way (for which the banks received an appropriate beat down without resorting to attorneys). Most people don't take advantage of their representative's office when trying to find solutions to difficult problems.

Aides working in their offices, looking to make a career in politics, will often times champion causes for their constituents. If Sessions was on an appropriations committee for example, I'm sure he would attract quite a few requests for all sorts of actions that he could influence. It's the way things work actually and I suggest to everyone to make a call when warranted.

It may be a swamp but nobody's saying you can't jump in hahaha!