• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Santos’ unusual $199.99 campaign expenses are putting scrutiny on his longtime treasurer

By Fredreka Schouten, Kara Scannell and Gregory Krieg, CNN

Updated 7:25 AM EST, Tue February 7, 2023

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/07/politics/george-santos-treasurer/index.html

“In the fall of 2020, then-New York Rep. Lee Zeldin’s campaign submitted a report to federal regulators with a series of unusual expenses: 21 payments on a single day of exactly $199.99 each. The outlays – each just one penny below the dollar figure above which campaigns are required to keep receipts – all went to anonymous recipients.

It’s a pattern that has emerged recently in the filings of another New York Republican politician: Embattled freshman Rep. George Santos.

The Zeldin and Santos congressional campaigns had one more thing in common: They shared a treasurer, Nancy Marks”

Nah. Nothing to see here. It’s just a coincidence.

Steve Thomas

Inquiring Americans want to know. Is this proof of Russia's involvement in electing Trump in 2016?

Did Charles McGonigal sabotage the 2016 election? - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

Edited by Douglas Caddy

A friend just sent me a message on Facebook of a video showing the assassination of JFK in the vehicle from beginning to end. It was posted on TikTok yesterday.  I had never seen this before.  My friend then posted it on my Facebook page for me to share with others. But Facebook warned me that it was "false information" and I did not post it on Facebook. I am waiting to see if this is the long rumored hidden video of the assassination that can now be verified by credible sources. If it is the real thing, we shall hear about it soon.

Republicans expect 'balloons in the audience' for Joe Biden's State of the Union speech

ny David Edwards February 07, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/state-of-the-union-balloons/

One caller to San Antonio's WOAI morning show floated the idea of Republicans bringing balloons to the speech to protest Biden's handling of a surveillance aircraft from China that traversed the U.S. last week.

"And also, there will be balloons in the audience so that should be quite entertaining."

Host Chris Duel called the idea "fantastic."

"If there's balloons in the audience, that's just going to be fantastic," he said.

"If the Republicans all come with white balloons, blow them up, that would be great," co-host "Mr. T" agreed.

Co-host Charity McCurdy predicted it would be "a true circus”.

Steve Thomas

This GOP balloon trope reminds me of Karl Rove's "Freedom Fries" and "waffle" tropes from 2003 and 2004.

And I can understand why the GOP would prefer to focus on balloons, rather than on policy issues.

Can you picture the Koch/GOP focusing, instead, on advertising their Four Free-dumbs?

1) Free-dumb from history

2) Free-dumb from science

3) Free-dumb from democracy

4) Free-dumb from Donk taxes on billionaires and corporations

35 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

This GOP balloon trope reminds me of Karl Rove's "Freedom Fries" and "waffle" tropes from 2003 and 2004.

Republicans should be required to each bring 3, one for each Chinese spy balloon Trump hid from the American people during his term.