The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Just now, Leslie Sharp said:

Oh, it was indeed a manufactured event, from HQ at the Willard Hotel. 

You are choosing to ignore the evidence that Eastman, and those surrounding Trump as the election was called, immediately set in motion an operation that would culminate at the Capitol on Jan 6. That, in my view, was an attempt to nail the coffin in our democracy ... the finale of the coup in Dallas. 

LS--

Well...

The Capitol Police report to the legislative branch, not to the executive branch. Trumpers had zero authority over the Capitol Police on 1/6...in fact, ultimate authority rested with Pelosi.  

Why the Capitol Police  showed up with light force on 1/6, had no effective communications systems working, and then stood down, and then ushered Mr Buffalo Horns around the Capitol...

Something is fishy. 

Stay skeptical. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

11 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I have high regard for JFK, and I suspect he would have loathed Trump...but not sure how JFK would have felt about Trump Administration policies on interventionism, trade, and immigration. 

JFK may have come to believe, as I do, that the globalist positions result on expensive and counter-productive military entanglements, the destruction of the American economy, and lower wages and living standards. 

I happen to support Biden on Ukraine. 

And I'm guessing we agree that Kennedy was flawed. He intervened when it suited his base as do most presidents. His faith and family history informed his perspective regarding immigration so I think you're off base there. Trade/commerce breeds friendships — and friendship was a cornerstone of his foreign policy, or at least his idea of, so I think he would have cautiously pursued free trade.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 minute ago, Benjamin Cole said:

LS--

Well...

The Capitol Police report to the legislative branch, not to the executive branch. Trumpers had zero authority over the Capitol Police on 1/6...in fact, ultimate authority rested with Pelosi.  

Why the Capitol Police  showed up with light force on 1/6, had no effective communications systems working, and then stood down, and then ushered Mr Buffalo Horns around the Capitol...

Something is fishy. 

Stay skeptical. 

WHY did the Capitol need to be on alert, Benjamin?  This is insane.

23 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Hi Leslie.  Just to clarify for others I thinks this post was directed at Ben who I was quoting.  I've agreed with pretty much everything you've posted since my days on JFKFACTS as Ronnie Wayne when we conversed a little there.

Ah, I had no idea.  I remember Ronnie well!!!

Do you engage on Morley's site these days?

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

And I'm guessing we agree that Kennedy was flawed. He intervened when it suited his base as do most presidents. His faith informed his perspective regarding immigration so I think you're off base there. Trade/commerce breeds friendships — and friendship was a cornerstone of his foreign policy, or at least his idea of, so I think he would have cautiously pursued free trade.

Well, it is conjectural o course...

1. Sure, one can favor immigration...but illegal immigration? 

2. Maybe JFK, touring Detroit, would have more nuanced views on the effects of free trade. 

Globalists say trade breeds goodwill...there was more trade than ever between Russia and Europe in 2022...and then Russia invaded Ukraine, and sent missiles into Ukrainian civilian populations.  

Beijing is becoming increasingly hostile after trade volumes surged...

Interesting topic....

3 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

WHY did the Capitol need to be on alert, Benjamin?  This is insane.

Well, the Capitol Police should have been on alert and they were not. The  performance that day is inexplicable. They report to Pelosi. 

They should have been alert to large crowds, possibly harboring small groups of militarists (such as Oath Keepers and Proud Boys) and the possible actions of federal provocateurs. 

If I was running the Capitol Police, I would not necessarily trust federal agencies...trust, but verify as they say. 

I've been on an all night flight. Quite a firestorm here.

About Chris's fixation on Fascist, Le Bon.

Chris:Think about it, it’s been a manual for understanding the popular mind and how people behave in a group. You’ve just named some of the most famous  effective propagandists in history. Learning how its done will help you identify when the techniques are being used on you. That was my primary reason for reading it.

Again, stop bs'ing us Chris. You've showcased this Le Bon probably 5 times. And there's never been a mention of even, "This is a quote from Gustave  Le Bon, who was actually an influential writer to both Hitler and Mussolini.  I posted this so we should always be aware of the rhetoric Fascists may use to influence people." But never was there a word about him being a fascist. That was just immaterial, wasn't it Chris?

Of course you didn't say that.You never gave any real explanation of why you were such a fanboy of Le Bon , but somehow you were confident in your thinking , just the weight of these  words will resonate with everyone here, which was one in just a series of miscalculations you've made. This is the  most quoted statement that you over and over have declared on this forum for yourself. 

Could Leslie be any more right about Chris being the forum's foremost pseudo psychologist?
Something about the Old World rigidity of 100 year old European fascist writing has a rather corny ( or maybe corn syrup?) strange  appeal to you. Even though by today's standards, it's not the least sophisticated and seems almost midieval.

Ok, let's digress a bit. You rail on, curiously with Cotter about equality of outcomes in life, as if that's such a profound concept.  Oh duh, who in this life has ever seen equality of outcome.?

What is important, and it's not to say it always happens,  is that all people should have equal rights before the law and it's apparent to anyone with any kind of trained mind that this asshole is giving his justification and  scheming  to disenfranchise people by hook or by crook, and sees them as only a means to an end. And you're trying to rewrite your history that all along you were only trying to warn us about how fascist's control people? We've had about 7 year real life  education on this, thank you!  Again, stop bs'ing us Chris, you really eat up on this sh-t, like a dog with a bone.  and that's the way you've always portrayed it, before Le bon was exposed..

We've had people sort of like this in the U.S. There was Lee Atwater  and Karl Rove, they also were scumbags, but they are historically small time up to now, and were willing to abide by elections. But this guy  was an inspiration to Adolf Hitler and Mussolini. Ok, but, but you admire his powers of manipulation, Do you Chris? Do you really  aspire to such power?

So how's that been working for you on the forum?

heh heh.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

3 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, it is conjectural o course...

1. Sure, one can favor immigration...but illegal immigration? 

2. Maybe JFK, touring Detroit, would have more nuanced views on the effects of free trade. 

Globalists say trade breeds goodwill...there was more trade than ever between Russia and Europe in 2022...and then Russia invaded Ukraine, and sent missiles into Ukrainian civilian populations.  

Beijing is becoming increasingly hostile after trade volumes surged...

Interesting topic....

It is indeed.

Would that Kennedy had lived. But no one can guarantee what choices he would have made.  I think his greatest  gift to our collective was his firm belief in the potential of true democracy. 

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

It is indeed.

Would that Kennedy had lived. But no one can guarantee what choices he would have made.  I think his greatest  gift to our collective was his firm belief in the potential of true democracy. 

Well, you win this round of debates...I am signing off.

4 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I've been on an all night flight. Quite a firestorm here.

About Chris's fixation on Fascist, Le Bon.

Chris:Think about it, it’s been a manual for understanding the popular mind and how people behave in a group. You’ve just named some of the most famous  effective propagandists in history. Learning how its done will help you identify when the techniques are being used on you. That was my primary reason for reading it.

Again, stop bs'ing us Chris. You've showcased this Le Bon probably 5 times. And there's never been a mention of even, "This is a quote from Gustave  Le Bon, who was actually an influential writer to both Hitler and Mussolini.  I posted this so we should always be aware of the rhetoric Fascists may use to influence people." But never was there a word about him being a fascist. That was just immaterial, wasn't it Chris?

Of course you didn't say that.You never gave any real explanation of why you were such a fanboy of Le Bon , but somehow you were confident in your thinking , just the weight of these  words will resonate with everyone here, which was one in just a series of miscalculations you've made. This is the  most quoted statement that you over and over have declared on this forum for yourself. 

Could Leslie be any more right about Chris being the forum's foremost pseudo psychologist?
Something about the Old World rigidity of 100 year old European fascist writing has a rather corny ( or maybe corn syrup?) strange  appeal to you. Even though by today's standards, it's not the least sophisticated and seems almost midieval.

Ok, let's digress a bit. You rail on, curiously with Cotter about equality of outcomes in life, as if that's such a profound concept.  Oh duh, who in this life has ever seen equality of outcome.?

What is important, and it's not to say it always happens,  is that all people should have equal rights before the law and it's apparent to anyone with any kind of trained mind that this asshole is giving his justification and  scheming  to disenfranchise people by hook or by crook, and sees them as only a means to an end. And you're trying to rewrite your history that all along you were only trying to warn us about how fascist's control people? We've had about 7 year real life  education on this, thank you!  Again, stop bs'ing us Chris, you really eat up on this sh-t, like a dog with a bone.  and that's the way you've always portrayed it, before Le bon was exposed..

I think we see a schism here. I don't think any Americans here read this and are so blown away they descend into adolescent hero worship like you do Chris. If they're here, let them come forward now.

We've had people sort of like this in the U.S. There was Lee Atwater  and Karl Rove, they also were scumbags, but they are historically small time up to now, and were willing to abide by elections. But this guy  was an inspiration to Adolf Hitler and Mussolini. Ok, but, but you admire his powers of manipulation, Do you Chris? Do you really  aspire to such power?

So how's that been working for you on the forum?

heh heh.

147.jpg

3 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

It is indeed.

You are probably the same age as my mother, but  she doesn't' use pictures from the 70's as here profile picture, funny you say that because I feel sorry for your husband. 

4 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

You are probably the same age as my mother, but  she doesn't' use pictures from the 70's as here profile picture, funny you say that because I feel sorry for your husband. 

The courts have ruled I have choice, Matthew  ... oh, wait. 

33 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

In the words of Ray Gun (Star Wars) There you go again, reducing another's arguments to gibberish.  I don't ignore anyone's comments, but I skim through a lot of the gibberish.  Especially long diatribes. 

You chide me for describing arguments as “gibberish” despite using the same description yourself. Who did you advise to look in the mirror?

I describe people’s posts as “gibberish”, “nonsense” or whatever only when I have explained why the posts are nonsensical.

Moreover, I so describe them only after I have engaged with those people in lengthy debate and they have persistently responded in an illogical manner.

My so describing them in these circumstances is perfectly legitimate and indeed necessary for the sake of protecting the integrity of the debate. Not to do so is to acquiesce in the all too common situation of debates degenerating to the level of gibbering baboons.

I would add that it is usually the case that illogical responses are in effect misrepresentations of the opponent’s arguments and are thus both disrespectful and deceitful. Such responses therefore should be robustly refuted and discouraged.

If people can’t debate respectfully and truthfully, they shouldn’t be debating.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:13 PM, Leslie Sharp said:

A question of the moderators of this thread . . . what constitutes disruptive behavior?

remarks hurled at me recently. . .

Looks like our Scorned woman is trying to slide the thread,

I feel like I know now what it's like to have a teenage daughter.. 

try again, princess. My you’ve caught a cold here. 

Sounds a bit like mother bear is a little wound up. 

I should have contacted moderators directly myself yesterday.  They don't have time to keep up with this and other threads.  I hate to bother them and don't wish the thread to disappear, which I think might be the intent of three or four posters.  While dissembling, it has resulted in some informative content regarding the JFKA and where we are today.  

However, the gender related comments and personal message I received yesterday do bear review by the moderators imo as well as yours and at least two other posters.

I took the koch's pm as an attempt to intimidate me as well as a personal attack.  Maybe the mod's missed it.

------------------------------------------

Moderator's Note:

Below is a cleaned-up copy of the PM:

* * * YOU white knight piece of Texas trash!!! OLD PIECE OF s * * * , you are pathetic seriously  F/O