The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

I've never heard of medical doctors giving a percentage of "chance of recovery" like this one of 90%? 

Especially at the first moments of positive test results for a 74 year old who is probably in the "obese" fat to body weight range and quite possibly in the moderate or higher hypertension range as well. 

I don't wish any torturous pain on anyone, but I can't totally shake this kernel of suspicious doubt about anything involving Trump. His history of lying is just too extensive.  

We all know that many people don't go through really bad pain and suffering with this virus. But a noticeable percentage do, especially in Trump's age, weight and health range group.

Chris Cuomo, Brooke Baldwin and many, many other celebrities much younger and lighter than Trump really suffered with their bouts.

Well, the stock market isn't doubting Trump's affliction news.

When futures fall 500 to 600 points in hours something serious is afoot.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

The next 12 - 24 hours are going to be very unsettling.

1) A lot of people, perhaps millions, are going to wake up this morning and realize that this is not a hoax. Their belief system will be shaken. This is not something that is going to magically going to go away and like a miracle is going to just disappear and that Donald Trump doesn’t know what he is talking about. They are going to start disbelieving what he’s telling them, perhaps about everything. They are also going to realize that if it could happen to Donald Trump, it could happen to them.

2) Donald Trump is going to come face to face with his own mortality, perhaps for the first time in his life. If he recovers, he will come out of this more humble and kind. Or, he can come out of this more arrogant then ever, convinced of his own immortality. Only time will tell how he deals with this.

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Yes. Trump tests positive.

Doctor prescribes no more contact with bodily fluids.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/02/donald-trump-positive-test-covid-19-surprise-many-saw-coming-coronavirus

"With 33 days remaining until the election, Trump’s diagnosis means he will have to withdraw from the campaign trail."

Edited by David Andrews

Fears for Biden after that 45-mph blowhard debate:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/02/fears-joe-biden-may-have-been-exposed-after-trump-tests-positive-for-covid

How do we know the Trump infection isn't fake news?  He was on deck like Horatio Hornblower in Cleveland.  Melania getting it could just be a backhanded confirmation that intimacy occurs.

Edited by David Andrews

7 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

On CNN they are saying Trump's chance of recovery is 90 percent. I have been under the apparently mistaken impression that for someone his age with underlying conditions (like me) covid infection is almost like a death sentence. Wondering where they get the 90 percent, I've done a web search for the rate of death of infected senior citizens, and I can't find any percentage rate. I wish I knew their source.

Statistically, Trump's chances for recovery are closer to 95%-- based on his age.

What amazes me is that Hope Hicks was flying around on Air Force One all week without a mask-- to Cleveland, Minnesota, etc.

Unreal.

45 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Statistically, Trump's chances for recovery are closer to 95%-- based on his age.

I'm older than Trump and have been worried about surviving if I get infected. So you're telling me there's a chance.

I don't think there is going to be a "sympathy" pro-Trump surge in the polls.

I think the polls may actually go up in Biden's favor.

Especially if Trump and his wife don't go through anything besides mild symptoms.

I think the undecides ( if there ever were any ) may see Trump getting the virus as validation that he truly did wrongly downplay the virus ( even up to the day he got it -"it's going to get better" ) and mask use as well.

A Trump negative in their minds.

It's a very embarrassing way to be exposed as an irresponsible disinformation spreader.

And many voters will obviously keep in mind that Trump could very well develop serious consequences physically and even mentally by being afflicted.

Who votes for a candidate who may be incapable of fulfilling his presidential office duties?

If Biden himself has a stroke before the election, this would provoke the same reasoning in voter's mind.

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein yesterday framed Trump's affliction as a true national security crisis. Trump being in such a medical state puts the U.S. into a very vulnerable position in almost every way.

Don't forget that Trump's friend U.K. P.M. Boris Johnson "almost died" in his recovery battle with the Covid virus!

It took Johnson out "big time" and it was months of gradual recovery. I have heard ( admittedly rumors ) that ever since Johnson got the virus he still shows some signs of lingering symptoms such as exhaustion.

It wouldn't be hard to believe this rumored claim. We sure don't read or see much of Johnson in the news anything close to what we did before he contracted the virus.

For the next weeks we won't know for sure how Trump will be getting through this unless it's some extreme reaction...ie a Boris Johnson life and death struggle or a miraculous non-symptom recovery.

But, like the James Bond shouted warning to evil mastermind Auric Goldfinger as Goldfinger has turned to walk away from the bound Bond while a moving metal melting laser beam is zeroing in on Bond's manhood...

"Can you afford to take that chance Goldfinger ?"

Trump's cult brainwashed supporters will still vote for Trump even if he passes away before the election... however if even "half" the undecideds sense a vote for medically damaged Trump may not be the responsible thing to do, he will lose this November 3rd.

On the other hand however, crazily, Trump's inability to travel and have his rallies and to participate in any more debates may actually help him in the polls imo.

Why? 

Because Trump himself says and does outrageous controversial things in these every time that hurt him more than help him. Being taken out of his own impulsive self-damaging spotlight could possibly soften the criticism simply because there is less to criticize. 

Unless of course he continues to say outrageous national anxiety and shock causing things just as much using his twitter account.

But my own warning thoughts for the nation's voters next month ( like Bond in his testicular saving desperation shout to Goldfinger )

"CAN YOU AFFORD TO TAKE THAT CHANCE?"

Lastly, Trump being locked down will be devastating mentally for him. The man has adult attention deficit disorder and has to constantly keep moving and occupied with things that allow him to escape from focusing and dealing with anything for longer than short term.

He won't be able to escape the White House and fly all around and to golf at his resorts. And how hard will it be to be locked down together for Melania Trump as well?

Edited by Joe Bauer

29 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Don't forget that Trump's friend England P.M. Boris Johnson "almost died" in his recovery battle with the Covid virus!I

Phwor Joe!  B.J. is P.M. of Gt. Britain.  Call him England's P.M. over here & you risk Celtic spears hurtling over the wall.

6 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

Phwor Joe!  B.J. is P.M. of Gt. Britain.  Call him England's P.M. over here & you risk Celtic spears hurtling over the wall.

Yikes! My bad Pete. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Statistically, what are his chances if he is asymptomatic?

Remember Niederhut, in the entire history of modern medicine, up until 2020, a "case" of a disease was defined as a person showing symptoms of the disease and a positive test for the disease.

All of us have cancer cells in our bodies.

We don't all have cancer.

Just reported Robert, Trump "is" showing mild symptoms.

25 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Just reported Robert, Trump "is" showing mild symptoms.

Joe,

And that's going to be a problem, because the "reporting" is coming from the White House, which has not exactly been known for its forthrightness.

It was Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows who "reported" that he has mild symptoms. Why didn't that "report" come from a doctor?

Steve Thomas