The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 7/21/2020 at 1:32 PM, Jeff Carter said:
On 7/21/2020 at 2:51 AM, Joseph McBride said:

I've always typed into Google, "JFK education forum" to get here.

Now that doesn't take me here. I tried variations and finally

just had to type "education forum" and then go another step

to the JFK section. What gives?

There is currently a tremendous amount of censorship applied to social media in particular, but also digital platforms such as search engines. This campaign targets the informational services of “adversary” nations such as China, Iran, Venezuela, but also oppositional opinion and “conspiracy theories”. It is more widespread than most people realize, and the effort received a huge push last autumn based on a rather hysterical campaign directed, essentially, by America’s liberal intelligentsia, signalled by a NY Times op-ed by Aaron Sorkin demanding Facebook self-censor.. 

Education Forum’s JFK thread being buried in search engines is fully part of this. A similar thing just happened to Craig Murray’s eponymous blog. That said, this event, the John Oliver show, and the ridiculous recent article attacking Garrison and Stone only shows how explosive the JFK case remains almost 57 years after the fact.

Nah.

A few weeks ago, googling "walmart" didn't bring up Walmart.com for me. "amazon" didn't bring up Amazon.com. Same thing with a number of others I tried. Google was just broken for a while.

Try again later.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Yeah Jeff, and he also murdered Solemani, and HC never would put the Iran peace initiative in jeopardy. Is he to be congratulated just because he got away with it? He's the most pro Israel of any president in years. Backed Saudi Arabia in Yemen.  It's nice that the author invoked  Douglas and JFK's foreign policy, but he doesn't make any real case other than a reshuffling of priorities and some of that is an institutional pullback that could be needed but if it substitutes favoring strong men and dictators Erdouan, Putin, Kim Jong un,, Duarte, Bolenario,Xi and his concentration camps, It's hardly an improvement. I wouldn't go into complete subservience at the simple mention of JFK, like you.  Because  at the same time, he acknowledges this. .

"At the same time, Trump believes that the post-hegemonic USA ought to be to a dominant regional power in complete control of Latin America and the Caribbean, its historic backyard. Accordingly, he pursues a policy of regime change with respect to the nations that challenge U.S. neocolonial domination and imperialist interests in the region. His policy has included an unconventional war against Venezuela, including financial, commercial, political, and military dimensions, seeking to overthrow the constitutional government of Nicolás Maduro; the intensification of the economic, commercial, and financial blockade against Cuba; and a destabilization campaign against the Sandinista government in Nicaragua. In addition, the Trump Administration supported a violent coup d’état against the constitutionally-elected president Evo Morales in Bolivia; and it has supported the government of Lenin Moreno, who through a Trojan Horse strategy, has removed from power the Citizen Revolution led by Rafael Correa."

You're been pretty easy to please, for 3 years,  Jeff. But maybe it's just Trump's magnetism is so reminiscent of JFK. Right?

Thank you, Kirk.  Hosing down the equine offal in this article deserves it’s own thread.

56 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Nah.

A few weeks ago, googling "walmart" didn't bring up Walmart.com for me. "amazon" didn't bring up Amazon.com. Same thing with a number of others I tried. Google was just broken for a while.

Try again later.

Why do people Google when they can DuckDuckGo?

2 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Additionally, CounterPunch - surprisingly - published today a rather sympathetic view of JFK’s foreign policy outlook, comparing it to today’s issues with somewhat more nuance than “The Resistance” has yet managed:

Jeff Carter knows less than nothing about the anti-Trump Resistance.

3 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

It has become apparent from common experiences that earlier this week Google engaged in a one-day “de-platforming” of what could be described as oppositional websites extending across the political spectrum. According to Joe’s experience, the Education Forum’s JFK thread was part of this effort.

Oh please. See my earlier post. It wasn't de-platformed I think he just was running into Google's tailoring results. It's common. I used a SERP search and it came up there and in my private window almost exactly the same using his search query. I might also add now that the Millenium Act (I think this is what's doing it...) your ISP shares your searches also meaning that your ISP can serve ads/history from your computer to your iPad even if the iPad has never been connected to the site. It's shared through your router. F'ed up. Hate it. I get ads served on my computer because my wife has been on some gardening site or whatever and the same thing happens to her.

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I can't wait for the next Sarah Cooper impersonation of Donald Trump explaining his cognitive test.

Steve Thomas

You've seen this right?

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

20 hours ago - Former Epstein partner: Trump and Maxwell knew each other well 02:37. Elie Honig is a CNN legal analyst and former federal and state ...

Yeah. Pardon dangle.

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

. I wouldn't go into complete subservience at the simple mention of JFK, like you.  

Nice one, Kirk. Thanks for clarifying that one man’s nuance is another’s “subservience”. The subtlety of your thought processes magnifies the fine lines into broad strokes so artfully. Rarely has a misreading been expressed with such eloquence. But, at least in my understanding, US foreign policy is poorly understood viewed through a strictly partisan lens. 

54 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Oh please. See my earlier post. It wasn't de-platformed I think he just was running into Google's tailoring results. It's common. I used a SERP search and it came up there and in my private window almost exactly the same using his search query. I might also add now that the Millenium Act (I think this is what's doing it...) your ISP shares your searches also meaning that your ISP can serve ads/history from your computer to your iPad even if the iPad has never been connected to the site. It's shared through your router. F'ed up. Hate it. I get ads served on my computer because my wife has been on some gardening site or whatever and the same thing happens to her.

Sorry, but you are completely in error. Thanks for assuming I just make things up.

Here is journalist Gareth Porter on Craig Murray's experience:

and here is libertarian Ron Unz describing his experience:

https://www.unz.com/announcement/being-totally-disappeared-by-google/

note again, this was a 24-hour event which is no longer an issue.

59 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Nice one, Kirk. Thanks for clarifying that one man’s nuance is another’s “subservience”. The subtlety of your thought processes magnifies the fine lines into broad strokes so artfully. Rarely has a misreading been expressed with such eloquence. But, at least in my understanding, US foreign policy is poorly understood viewed through a strictly partisan lens. 

That's because I've learned from the best and most nuanced of them all, Jeff,. Your foreign policy trailblazer!

heh heh!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Douglas,

Quoting from the article:

-QUOTE-

"President Donald Trump's decision to send federal law enforcement officers to Portland to protect federal property – resulting in the arrest of protesters by armed agents wearing military-style uniforms – ..."

-ENDQUOTE-

The Department of Homeland Security is using "agents" from Customs and Border Protection and the Bureau of Prisons.

Customs and Border Protection contracts with private security firms to patrol the border. I have read that these are heavily infused with right-wind militia types who have signed up to "protect our borders".

The Bureau of Prisons contracts with private prison companies to run its facilities. From the Bureau's own web site:

Contract Prisons

We contract with the private sector to help manage our inmate population.

"Contract prisons are secure institutions operated by private corporations.".

These clowns that are being sent to cities like Portland are not even government employees.

They're mercenaries.

Postscript:

When I posted the above, I hadn't even seen this:

image.png.5ea1990c8cce86ac2c24b786062c2b33.png

"civilian law enforcement... enforcing federal law" indeed

Steve Thomas

Steve, clicking on the later picture/article just enlarged it, won't take me to the article.  I looked at Reuters and didn't find it.  Is there more info on some of the "agents" being mercenaries/hired guns/rent a cops from something along the line of Blackwater? 

2 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Sorry, but you are completely in error. Thanks for assuming I just make things up.

Here is journalist Gareth Porter on Craig Murray's experience:

and here is libertarian Ron Unz describing his experience:

https://www.unz.com/announcement/being-totally-disappeared-by-google/

note again, this was a 24-hour event which is no longer an issue.

No.... If you look at my earlier post responding to Joe I did a SERP search on July 21,2020 a few hours after he complained and the SERP page is displayed in that post. I will post it again in case you didn't see it. The search term I used, "JFK education forum", the same as his, returned these top 10 search results. I did a similar search in Google on my browser in private mode and got roughly the same result. Again, my suspicion is that these people are getting tailored returns, but that's not necessarily the case. Joe never responded to my comment. I didn't think you made it up, I think people may be mistaking, at least in Joe's case. I'm not in error. Sorry.

Another thing that can happen in these situation is that the bots that scan sites will update from time to time and can bounce a site from the results until the cache is updated. A 24 hour drop from Google or Bing usually means something else caused the problem. Delisting can occur because of Google interpreting a site as using Blackhat SEO practices (like link farms in the old days) but that delisting would be more permanent until such time as the site operator put in a complaint to Google and hashed it out with them. A site like craigmurray dot org, using an exact match domain name with the common search term should have no trouble listing under that term but will vary widely in returns for broader terms (ie US Foreign Policy).

I nosed around through Murray's backlinks and found some Chinese (I think) links which could have been interpreted as the site having been hacked. I don't know what they are though. That's another possibility.

jfk-forum-serp.jpg

Edited by Bob Ness

This is Google’s official explanation:

“Today we became aware of an issue that impacted some navigational and site: operator queries. We investigated and have since fixed the issue,” said a Google spokesperson. “This affected a number of sites representing a range of different content and viewpoints. This issue was a technical error unrelated to the content or ideology of the sites affected.”

25 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Wheeler can only hope.  Anything to distract from Trump’s Big Fascist Move.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/trump-deploys-tactical-team-of-dhs-agents-to-seattle-as-judge-blocks-his-troops-in-portland/

No body cares about aliens outside a few hysterics.