• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

37 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

The Battle of Portland is still raging. Those people are not giving up.

Last night there were 3,000 people in the streets, until 3 AM.

Is it still just the Black Lives Matter cause they are demonstrating for?

Or has the demonstration agenda grown to include other protestations?

Such as secret federal military type troops in complete combat gear clubbing people like Navy Veteran Christopher David, throwing demonstrators into unmarked vehicles and tear gassing the Wall Of Moms?

Its bigger than just BLM now.

They want these feds out of there.

Tonight there are three rows out there: Wall of moms, wall of dads, and wall of vets.

They are doing a light show in unison.

42 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Its bigger than just BLM now.

I hope this anti-fascist momentum never ends.

It's now or never, everything is on the line.

Our literal biosphere is going to collapse if we as a species do not evolve over and above this reprobate condition of capital gain at the expense of human misery.

It's either true freedom of mind, body and soul or slavery and a fiery holocaust. 

Revolution and revelation are at hand.

And we have such precious time to do it.

Robert - It is now or never. I’m not hopeful. I’m watching CNN this morning, Sunday. It’s all John Lewis, a great man for sure. But where is our media in Portland, or KC? Where are the cameras, the coverage? Media outlets will cover a hurricane 24/7 but in this grave national moment they are absent. Citizen journalism is great, but it’s all we have. Where is Joe Biden? As we slip towards martial law citizens in the streets are our only hope. What happens when real bullets start to fly? Where are abducted protestors being taken? Who are they? 
We must vote, must get this president out of office. We must go to court to protect our right to peacefully protest. All well and good. But no court order is going to stop fascism. No electoral victory will remove Trump. We will soon be praying for US military intervention. 

1 minute ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Come on Paul. You are being played.

Are you going to blame Trump for the fake alien invasion?

It’s a fake Fake Alien Invasion. The recently revealed existence of vehicles “not of this world” was met with a collective shrug.

How do you not see the riots as a continuum?

One outstanding feature of Trumpism is the inability to take responsibility for anything at all. Trump’s fascist power play in Portland has re-ignited protests which Trump will use as a rationale for further State Violence.

You are still in an R vs. D paradigm, liberal vs. conservative, black vs. white.

It isn’t sand Wheeler has his head shoved into.

It's insider vs. outsider.

It’s Bible-Thumper fascists against the rest of us.

Cash-strapped House Republicans furious with Jared Kushner for blocking RNC help: report

ublished 4 hours ago on July 26, 2020

By Tom Boggioni

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/cash-strapped-house-republicans-furious-with-jared-kushner-for-blocking-rnc-help-report/

“According to a report from the Washington Post, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has been pleading for money from the Republican National Committee to help bolster the struggling campaigns of some of his colleagues in the House — only to be ignored.

Following the “Blue wave” 2018 midterm election that resulted in the Republican Party losing control of the House, McCarthy has been attempting to stop the bleeding in 2020 in what is expected to be a high-turnout election with an embattled Donald Trump at the top of the ticket.

The report notes that McCarthy has asked the RNC which is flush with cash for a check for the National Republican Congressional Committee multiple times, only to be given a cold shoulder as the RNC focuses on keeping Trump in office.

The roadblock for the frustrated McCarthy reportedly is Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner.

“McCarthy specifically has asked Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, to make a financial commitment to the House GOP, according to several officials familiar with the discussions, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely describe private conversations,” the report states. “But Kushner, who oversees such decisions and has a greater say than RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, has refused thus far, the officials say. While the Trump campaign and the RNC have brought in record amounts of money, some Trump officials see donating to the House as a wasteful investment as the GOP’s chances of reclaiming the majority sharply deteriorate.”

According to the report, House Republicans are furious with Kushner, “many of whom believe the president has a duty to help the party — not just himself,” particularly because some Republican House members in safe seats have forwarded donations in the tens of thousands of dollars to the RNC at the request of the president’s campaign officials.”

Republicans are learning the hard way that loyalty, and the money flow with the Trump family is a one-way street. You’d think that after the Trump Charity they would have learned their lesson.

Steve Thomas

Like everyone I want to look at the incredible unprecedented life changing stresses we are currently going through in a view and way that as truly scary, powerful and freedom threatening as they are, that they really are temporary and soon ( no more than a year from beginning to end  ) they will all go away, or at least get much better, with new medicinal drugs.

And we can go back to the open, care free and job pay good life most us were enjoying and we now know...taking for granted.

And these obvious wag-the-dog, planted agitator, purposely heightened fear inducing secret military police attacks against protesters will end with their true agenda being exposed. 

And that agenda imo?

Trump has frantically grabbed onto the protest movement and with Orson Well's "War Of The Worlds" Martian invasion terror type intensity broadcast manipulation, is using this politically ( have you seen Trump's new television campaign ad warning American's that voting for Biden will unleash these boogieman terrorists upon them?) as a press coverage distraction from his failed Covid-19 leadership and other failures and bad personal character exposes to try to scare his way to election victory this coming November 3rd.

It's a tried and true Republican election campaign strategy formula.

So much like how Nixon used the 1968 Democratic convention Chicago demonstrations ( again totally fed and inflamed by paid agitators ) to do the same and define him and the Republicans as the only true "law and order" saviors whom regular Americans needed to protect them from these commie, free love and drug peddling, draft dodging, long haired young hooligan anarchists who will spread into their communities to corrupt their daughters if they voted for the commie/hippy lovin'/ police hating Democratic party.

Same with Nixon in 1972 and Bush in 1988 with Willie Horton.

It works!

I still hope for the best with all this current scary virus and police state turmoil, however, more than I have ever felt in my 68 years, I am feeling a sense of dread that things might very well not get better or could easily even get worse!

It is not impossible to believe that even more society and broader global stress events can and might occur before we get a handle on these current unprecedented damage and stress causing ones.

Compounding these stresses to even more unimaginable higher levels.

I am not a church going religious person, but I have had thoughts of prayer spontaneously pop into my head recently.  Guess like everyone else, the apprehensive anxiety is deeper and stronger than I realize.

And Trump just makes it worse imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Paul said:Where are the cameras, the coverage? Media outlets will cover a hurricane 24/7 but in this grave national moment they are absent.

Keep in mind Paul what you see as lack of coverage, the opposition probably sees as under reporting. There are probably 2 things that will bring on direct coverage.1) Police or Trump paramilitary police directly confronting peaceful protestors or 2) live film coverage of acts of protestor violence and vandalism. You don't really think  police, say confronting mothers is going to work for Trump's popularity?

Paul said:   But no court order is going to stop fascism. No electoral victory will remove Trump. We will soon be praying for US military intervention. 

That's pretty extreme Paul, I'm not sure the facts on the ground warrant that.

What I see at the present moment:    A week ago I would have expected the Trump paramilitary to have swooped into many cities, but Trump has sort have backed off a little on his rhetoric saying that his paramilitary is open to working with local law enforcement.

The public at large sees Trump as playing out his last cards, which are "law and order" cards. The fact that the state government officials are protesting does carry weight.

People see that  after 5 months,   Trump  finally threw in the towel about wearing masks , why did he do it? Because he realizes if he  has any hope of being re elected he has to.. Now  people   like Wheeler who were praying resistance to mask wearing would be the issue upon whether the nation goes to civil war, find their Supreme Leader  has now  abandoned them.

But this situation could change on a dime. If a handful of people get  rowdy. It could bring on a white backlash like the Chicago riots brought on Nixon. But certainly the greater the vandalism and destruction was in the past. What could worry me is older cities without a good safety net where people riot because they no longer have jobs and need to eat.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Steve, a few weeks ago, Trump asked the UK (via Woody Johnson, America's ambassador to the UK) to move the British Open to his (Trump's) golf course in Scotland.

JFK: Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Trump: Ask not you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.  (for fatboy, this whole Presidential scam is just a get rich quick scheme)

55 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Paul said:Where are the cameras, the coverage? Media outlets will cover a hurricane 24/7 but in this grave national moment they are absent.

Keep in mind Paul what you see as lack of coverage, the opposition probably sees as under reporting. There are probably 2 things that will bring on direct coverage.1) Police or Trump paramilitary police directly confronting peaceful protestors or 2) live film coverage of acts of protestor violence and vandalism. You don't really think  police, say confronting mothers is going to work for Trump's popularity?

Paul said:   But no court order is going to stop fascism. No electoral victory will remove Trump. We will soon be praying for US military intervention. 

What I see at the present moment:    A week ago I would have expected the Trump paramilitary to have swooped into many cities, but Trump has sort have backed off a little on his rhetoric saying that his paramilitary is open to working with local law enforcement.

The public at large sees Trump as playing out his last cards, which are "law and order" cards. The fact that the state government officials are protesting does carry weight.

People see that  after 5 months,   Trump  finally threw in the towel about wearing masks , why did he do it? Because he realizes if he  has any hope of being re elected he has to.. Now  people   like Wheeler who were praying resistance to mask wearing would be the issue upon whether the nation goes to civil war, find their Supreme Leader  has now  abandoned them.

But this situation could change on a dime. If a handful of people get  rowdy. It could bring on a white backlash like the Chicago riots brought on Nixon. But certainly the greater the vandalism and destruction was in the past. What could worry me is older cities without a good safety net where people riot because they no longer have jobs and need to eat.

Exactly.

59 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

The Chicago riots were brought about by agent provocateurs, as is the current violence of some protestors. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

Steve, a few weeks ago, Trump asked the UK (via Woody Johnson, America's ambassador to the UK) to move the British Open to his (Trump's) golf course in Scotland.

JFK: Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Trump: Ask not you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.  (for fatboy, this whole Presidential scam is just a get rich quick scheme)

Great moments in Presidential rethoric-

"The only thing that we have to fear is fear itself."  (Franklin D. Roosevelt)

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." (John F. Kennedy)

"I’ll Be Right Eventually." (Donald J. Trump)