The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

20 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

The forum sort of jumped to judgment on that, even though we were offered no more information other than Pederson and the intruder had similar foreheads. It was another sort of "too easy" conclusion like George Bush in Dealey Plaza after the assassination!

Kirk,

I'm looking forward to hearing details from the Minneapolis PD about the identity of their alleged "Aryan Cowboy" -- with some facial photos that we can compare with those of "Umbrella Man."

My working theory -- based on the info Matt Allison posted two months ago--is that Umbrella Man was an agent provocateur working with the MPD to incriminate the George Floyd protesters, and trigger a police attack.  Hence, the convenient gas mask.  As for the goofy open umbrella on a day without rain-- was it a signal to his MPD colleagues to refrain from targeting him?

As for "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" on 11/22/63, we know for certain that; 1) he stayed at the Dallas Sheraton on the night of 11/21/63,  2) that he was working under cover for the CIA at the time, 3) that J. Edgar Hoover personally de-briefed him about the FBI non-investigation of JFK's murder on 11/29/63, 4) that he could not remember where he was when JFK was shot, (yeah, right) and 5) that he called to report his own campaign aide to the police shortly after the murder, claiming that he was in Tyler, Texas, etc.

I think GHWB was the guy in the two Dealey Plaza photos-- in front of the TSBD, and at the plaza with Ed Lansdale.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

9 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

The Cult of Selfishness is Killing America

From the article:

“You see, the modern U.S. right is committed to the proposition that greed is good, that we’re all better off when individuals engage in the untrammeled pursuit of self-interest. In their vision, unrestricted profit maximization by businesses and unregulated consumer choice is the recipe for a good society.

“Support for this proposition is, if anything, more emotional than intellectual. I’ve long been struck by the intensity of right-wing anger against relatively trivial regulations, like bans on phosphates in detergent and efficiency standards for light bulbs. It’s the principle of the thing: Many on the right are enraged at any suggestion that their actions should take other people’s welfare into account.

“This rage is sometimes portrayed as love of freedom. But people who insist on the right to pollute are notably unbothered by, say, federal agents tear-gassing peaceful protesters. What they call “freedom” is actually absence of responsibility.

“Rational policy in a pandemic, however, is all about taking responsibility. The main reason you shouldn’t go to a bar and should wear a mask isn’t self-protection, although that’s part of it; the point is that congregating in noisy, crowded spaces or exhaling droplets into shared air puts others at risk. And that’s the kind of thing America’s right just hates, hates to hear.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/opinion/us-republicans-coronavirus.html

"Greed Is Good." 

The forever battle cry of the super wealthy.

Yes, greed is good...for the 1%'s benefit more than the common good over 90% of the time.

Constantly cutting their taxes and at the same time increasing yours.

GE, Trump and others paying NO taxes some years?

Trickle down. 

Break the working class unions. Deregulate government oversight on corporations and Wall Street.

The Greed Is Good power grab really took hold and took off under Ronald Reagan's reign.

This just published Mary Trump's Donald Trump expose book title says it all ... "It's Never Enough."

And where has all this 60 years of "Greed Is Good" governance gotten us?

Check our standings the last twenty to thirty years in all the World Health Organization's standards listings for each nation's over-all societal health.

So many industrialized countries ( most all social/democracies ) are way ahead of us in this realm and have been for many years. In this American "Greed Is Good" era, we have fallen so far behind in the most important categories.

Health care and health care costs not breaking their citizen's economic backs and lives. No huge chunks of their citizens without health care insurance. Lower birth mortality and higher death age rates. Lower obesity rates. Job security, decent pay and benefits and good child and elderly care and protection.

The divide between the rich and poor nowhere near as deep and stark as ours. Transportation infrastructure way more advanced and public benefiting than ours. Our own domestic infrastructure needs incredibly neglected. We are still using 1930's Roosevelt New Deal public works projects that need replacing and improvement.

Higher educational costs at insane high levels with life crushing and unforgivable, slave making student loan debt.

Cost of housing out of range for half or more of our average wage citizens now with tens of millions working two jobs just for that one expense.

Drug addiction and youth neglect tearing at our very societal fabric. More people in prison by far than any other country. Urban area infrastructure deterioration. The neglected Flint, Michigan water system poisoning their entire population is a stark example.

Yet, with all this falling back, we have two areas of American society that have leaped so far ahead of any other country in the last 60 years it's perverse.

The stratospheric monetary gains of our 1% most wealthy and the never ending massive funding increases of our military and secret government.

We've got the strongest and most highly advanced, funded and equipped military in history. So far advanced than 98% of the other nations it's hard to comprehend. But, at what expense?

Our tiny little majority of super wealthy ( 1 to 5% ) now own 75 to 80% of our nation's assets. But, at what expense?

"Greed Is Good" is an antonym for "Common Good."

35 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

As for "Mr. George Bush of the CIA" on 11/22/63, we know for certain that; 1) he stayed at the Dallas Sheraton on the night of 11/21/63,  2) that he was working under cover for the CIA at the time, 3) that J. Edgar Hoover personally de-briefed him about the FBI non-investigation of JFK's murder on 11/29/63, 4) that he could not remember where he was when JFK was shot, (yeah, right) and 5) that he called to report his own campaign aide to the police shortly after the murder, claiming that he was in Tyler, Texas, etc.

At the time of the assassination Bush was giving a speech at a Kiwanis Club luncheon in Tyler. 

35 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I think GHWB was the guy in the two Dealey Plaza photos-- in front of the TSBD, and at the plaza with Ed Lansdale.

In what photo is he seen with Lansdale in DP? I don't think I've ever seen it. (I hope you don't think Bush was one of the tramps!)

As for the guy in front of the TSBD, the main problem I see is that he doesn't look like Bush. Or vice versa. (Not to mention a mighty fast trip from the Kiwanis Club.)

There's no doubt these Senate subcommittee hearings can often be a grandstanding free for all, for whatever side R or D. In the case of Barr, the Democrats have been waiting for a long time for a chance to poke at Barr, and they got it!

I'm against this Democratic quota system by which Biden has boxed himself in to pick a black woman for VP. IMO Neither "black" nor "woman" should enter into this. But these candidates are old. I would say "young" is good. Eric Swawell looks like the "most likely to succeed" high school fullback. He was formerly a prosecuting attorney before becoming a House representative from from the Oakland voting district. He looks are so Republican , (good crossover appeal) until he opens his mouth. But sure enough,  it all came together when I found out his family came out to California from Iowa!
He ran for President, his big statement in the debates was asking Biden, Sander and Warren if it was time for the old people to step aside. But it seems to me , he would be an excellent VP choice. As I say, both these candidates aren't spring chickens, but neither is Mike Pence.OK, anyway, I know its not going to happen.
But here he is, looking not quite so youthful, in fact the lighting makes him look a little more weasely. a look I haven't  seen before, but again more Republican crossover appeal! heh heh. He goes after Barr about the pardoning of Roger Stone and doesn't let up. Barr is clearly unsettled.

Ok, maybe not as much crossover appeal. But Jayapal does a great  job, pointing out Barr's condoning the clearing out of Lafayette square of peaceful protestors for the Trump photo op,  but did nothing when  anti stay home protestors in Michigan came down to the state capital with guns, confederate flags,  and swastikas, and threatened the life of the Michigan governor. Barr in both in Jayapal's and Swawell's case, pleads he was completely uninformed about Roger Stone and Trump's tweets and of the incident of anti stay home protestors in Michigan. How good can that possibly look?

Hey Ron, About this Trump relationship the hydroxychloriquine Queen. I'm reminded of a lyric from your era R&R.
"My friend, the witch doctor  she told me what to say!"

Now, another Republican, Texas strongman, Larry Gomer(t) contracted the corona virus. He blames it on wearing a mask!!!! He also was in close conference with William Barr yesterday. Both were unmasked.
Make that 2 Texas titans, now a Congressmen named Hunt tested positive for covid.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

As far as adopting a White Supremacist philosophy in prison,  the idea that doing so would mostly be a function of listening to speeches and reading the monthly newsletter seems wishful. One would think that "riding" along with whatever nutty ideas the Aryan Cowboys are promoting is better than a sharpened toothbrush in the kidney, or something worse. I'm guessing even the most "woke" Anti-Facist here would keep an open mind about becoming an Aryan Cowboy if it meant not being victimized in any number of ways while stuck in prison.

Yep. That's pretty much the way it goes. Pick your allies according to survival, not principle. Not certain about this situ but this is a valid point for sure.

28 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Now, another Republican, Texas strongman, Larry Gomer(t) contracted the corona virus. He blames it on wearing a mask!!!!

Not surprising at all. Last week my sister, who says masks provide no protection at all against a virus, told me that infection is higher in places where people wear masks than in places where they don't. I don't know where she gets her information, but I know she spends a lot of time on Facebook, that "social media" gold mine of info.

3 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

. Either the NY Times is right, or it is wrong for the usual reasons, such as a reflexive lack of discernment, like Cliff's comments.

How would Wheeler know what my comments are when he has me on ignore?  If he reads my comments and finds “a reflexive lack of discernment” why can’t he make a specific case, why the less-than-brave drive-by snark?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

2 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

At the time of the assassination Bush was giving a speech at a Kiwanis Club luncheon in Tyler. 

In what photo is he seen with Lansdale in DP? I don't think I've ever seen it. (I hope you don't think Bush was one of the tramps!)

As for the guy in front of the TSBD, the main problem I see is that he doesn't look like Bush. Or vice versa. (Not to mention a mighty fast trip from the Kiwanis Club.)

Ron,

I'm familiar with the narrative about the alleged Kiwanis Club luncheon in Tyler.  I have yet to see any definitive evidence supporting it.

In Family of Secrets, Russ Baker outlined some of the obvious inconsistencies in the official GHWB family narrative about what happened on 11/22/63, including the weird Barbara Bush "letter" (from Barbara's memoir) and the alleged flights on a friend's airplane in and around Dallas.  The established facts are that GHWB was at the Dallas Sheraton on the morning of 11/22/63, and flew back to Houston later that afternoon.

Here are the alleged photos of GHWB standing in front of the TSBD and in conversation with the Secret Team's black ops expert, General Ed Lansdale, in Dealey Plaza.

(Lansdale was originally identified in these Dealey Plaza photos by his long time colleagues, Col. L. Fletcher Prouty and General Victor Krulak.)

The guy sure looks like a dead ringer for GHWB to me.  (Check out the left ear, hairline, height, and posture.)

Poppy was there pictured in front of the Texas School Book ...

George H.W. Bush: Biggest. Drug Lord. Ever. (Part 2) | Cannabis ...

Edited by W. Niederhut

Here's a mug shot of Mitchell Wesley Carlson, the man the Minneapolis PD has identified as Umbrella Man.

He's reportedly 6'2"-- the same height as Umbrella Man in the May video.

Does he look like Umbrella Man?  Serious, non-rhetorical question.

Mitchell Wesley Carlson

mitch carlson

Umbrella Man

89141542_2men.JPG.3d03da5b38c0a65908d3fe

45 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

I'm familiar with the narrative about the alleged Kiwanis Club luncheon in Tyler.  I have yet to see any definitive evidence supporting it.

There were reportedly eyewitnesses (as of course there would be if he was there). I recall one identified by name, though I don't recall an actual account from him.

45 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Here are the alleged photos of GHWB standing in front of the TSBD and in conversation with the Secret Team's black ops expert, General Ed Lansdale, in Dealey Plaza.

(Lansdale was originally identified in these Dealey Plaza photos by his long time colleagues, Col. L. Fletcher Prouty and General Victor Krulak.)

The guy sure looks like a dead ringer for GHWB to me.  (Check out the left ear, hairline, height, and posture.)

Poppy was there pictured in front of the Texas School Book ...

George H.W. Bush: Biggest. Drug Lord. Ever. (Part 2) | Cannabis ...

That's the first time I've seen an enlargement of the guy in front of the TSBD, and it does bring out the resemblance that I didn't see in the smaller version.

Do you know what photograph the one is from showing "Bush" and "Lansdale"?  It looks like it could be the same one that shows "E. Howard Hunt" crossing Elm Street in his trenchcoat, but the Hunt image is much clearer than this.

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Hey Ron, About this Trump relationship the hydroxychloriquine Queen. I'm reminded of a lyric from your era R&R.
"My friend, the witch doctor  she told me what to say!"

It sounds vaguely familiar. What song?

I was fairly impressed with Trump being able to repeat "Person, woman, man, camera, TV" without any trouble. If he can also say "Hydroxychloriquine," that seals the deal. The man is as sharp as a tack. That may be why he insists on promoting this drug, just to impress us by pronouncing it.

On 7/28/2020 at 10:14 AM, Jeff Carter said:

I don’t know if it was “inevitable”, but to label a law professor a “fascist apologist” for compiling a timeline of objectively truthful information is certainly an indication of some form of “decline” in critical faculty. 

More on Turley:

https://disaffectedanditfeelssogood.blogspot.com/2019/12/jonathan-turley-and-his-fascist-fans.html?m=1

Yeah, we're really on the ball!  Do you think Wheeler knows any of the back story here? He doesn't seem to realize that we would have no knowledge of her at all if it wasn't for a conscious choice made by his hero Trump!

Trump was out in front the press today. Curiously he was with Mnuchin whose negotiating this stimulus package.Trump says  the working man needs more money from this bailout, and he blames Pelosi and says that she's running off with the money.  He's not aware the Democrat position is that they want at least $600, is it per person, where right now Trump's party the Republicans are completely split and right now, will only give $200. Mnuchin looks away, like "get me outa here!" Trump is completely out of the process!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

45 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Nothing like a little spiritual posturing if it is safe to do so though.

Especially if you can bust heads for “a little spiritual posturing.”.  1591057815231.jpg?rect=0,0,760,428