• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

10 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

This what I see guys.

Can't you just put me on ignore?

1331662388_Annotation2020-07-29223905.jpg.43d4d082485c64cc4f1856badeafe97c.jpg

You declared war, snowflake.  You called out Antifa and this OG Antifa enjoys helping you make a fool of yourself.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Like most people I've been following the Republican WH new stimulus offerings.

Typical Trump deal.   Lower the amounts, raise the income qualifications and slip in through the back door huge side payouts to friendly entities that don't even need these billions.

I know a little about Larry Krudlow and Steve Munchkin.

But, in a brief 15 minute phone call to my wife today, everything they are trying to pull means a lot more to her, me and the rest of our family's immediate welfare.

Wife laid off. No notice. Revenue losses cited. Stop everything right now. Your belongings will be in boxes outside the main bldg. She was working at home. Main breadwinner. Rent as crazy high as you can imagine living here on the Calif Coast last 65 years. Not moving to Bakersfield or Coalinga.

Hope the extra weekly unemployment stimulus monies aren't cut completely off or dropped to 15% of the current added package ( from $600 to $100 ) by the Republican Senate.

I'm disabled...heart, other issues.

Not crying here though. We'll make do.

Just wanted members to know how real and close to home this instantly life changing situation is. The Covid threat itself and loss of decent income jobs.

Scrooge Republicans worst possible controllers of our stress needs during this nightmare.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Sorry to hear that Joe. This is about people's lives in a situation through no fault of their own.

5 hours ago, Richard Price said:

Ron, i think this is it.  Version by Alvin and the Chipmunks (1960).  When I looked it up the article said it was played on the Dr. Demento radio show.  David Seville-Whitch Doctor/Lyrics - YouTube

Thanks. I don't remember hearing the song back then. But then I wasn't a big Chipmunks fan. I preferred more sophisticated music like "You Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dog."

William said:My working theory -- based on the info Matt Allison posted two months ago--is that Umbrella Man was an agent provocateur working with the MPD to incriminate the George Floyd protesters, and trigger a police attack.

William, that was all our working theory. That was the premise given us, I won't say by Matt, because he was merely presenting the video and the subsequent interview with the kid who accosted the Umbrella Man. But that begs the question,, who was Matt's source? Someone found the photo of Pedereson and matched it to the intruder. Who was it?

Being that the story was sketchy, and I'm very interested like everyone else but I needed a higher standard of proof. I asked Matt. To paraphrase, I said 1)Matt the likenesses in the photos I think are impressive. But what is the source of this story? 2) You seem very certain Matt, what do you know about this story, that the rest of us don't?  Is it pretty much based on the likenesses in the photos? Matt answered none of my questions. That made the story sketchy for me. So William, do you have anything other than the photo likeness? I think either of those guys could be the guy but I do think Perderson is more likely. Hardly conclusive. Certainly not near enough evidence to convict a guy.

Someone, it may have been Matt, said the case went to no other than Keith Ellison the Minnesota AG, who is something of a national figure, as you may remember he lost a close battle to be head of the DNC? So this is being investigated beyond just Minnesota Police Department.  The political fallout: there is some motivation for Ellison  because if it were true, it would be very positive for the demonstrators and the Democrats with either of these guys.
It is interesting they got a search warrant but they haven't arrested the guy. Now I see CNN is going with the story.

I'm sorry I brought up  GWB being in Dealey Plaza. I've been long aware of every point you've made. The initial photo is very inconclusive for me. I haven't see that closeup either. I agree with you about the the ears and hairline. It looks like a close up that's computer light enhanced. It looks like someone drew a line with a white pencil on his collar. Why the 2 tone collar? That's not at all evident in the first photo. That's more interesting, but again, in both stories I just need a higher standard of proof.

Ron it was a completely stupid song. I had older brothers and listened to radio early in my life.I remember there were songs back then, where they had news stories like the aliens came to earth,and they'd ask them questions and interject vignettes of R&R, Anyway on youtube I found a clip from Ed Sullivan of David Seville.
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

50 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Like most people I've been following the Republican WH new stimulus offerings.

Typical Trump deal.   Lower the amounts, raise the income qualifications and slip in through the back door huge side payouts to friendly entities that don't even need these billions.

I know a little about Larry Krudlow and Steve Munchkin.

But, in a brief 15 minute phone call to my wife today, everything they are trying to pull means a lot more to her, me and the rest of our family's immediate welfare.

Wife laid off. No notice. Revenue losses cited. Stop everything right now. Your belongings will be in boxes outside the main bldg. She was working at home. Main breadwinner. Rent as crazy high as you can imagine living here on the Calif Coast last 65 years. Not moving to Bakersfield or Coalinga.

Hope the extra weekly unemployment stimulus monies aren't cut completely off or dropped to 15% of the current added package ( from $600 to $100 ) by the Republican Senate.

I'm disabled...heart, other issues.

Not crying here though. We'll make do.

Just wanted members to know how real and close to home this instantly life changing situation is. The Covid threat itself and loss of decent income jobs.

Scrooge Republicans worst possible controllers of our stress needs during this nightmare.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your wife's job Joe.  Mine was laid off at the end of March, for her own benefit as high risk because of diabetes.  Stimulus unemployment ends this week.  State unemployment ($200 a week) runs through December, then.. will the virus be gone?  I'm trying to hang on until November, hopefully February for retirement.

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Sorry to hear that Joe. This is about people's lives in a situation through no fault of their own.

Ditto.

Donald Trump and COVID-19 will go down in history as the classic American definition of a perfect storm.

41 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
Ron it was a completely stupid song. I had older brothers and listened to radio early in my life.I remember there were songs back then, where they had news stories like the aliens came to earth,and they'd ask them questions and interject vignettes of R&R, Anyway on youtube I found a clip from Ed Sullivan of David Seville.

My favorite stupid song from that era is "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini."

This is what makes this situation so bad.  There are many, many people out there like Ron and Joe.

And if you compare how this pandemic struck here vs say what Italy and Germany are doing now, its a huge difference.

But yet, they are at the mercy of the likes of Mitch McConnell, Graham, Meadows, Kudlow and Trump.

I wonder, can Pelosi shut down the government?

Did you guys all set your watches yet?

On Wednesday, at a speech in Midland, Texas, President Donald Trump railed against former Vice President Joe Biden for his “impossible” plan to neutralize carbon emissions by “2:30.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1288576935967121408

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Did you guys all set your watches yet?

Wow. I just woke up and my eyes are still a little blurry. At first glance I thought you said, "Did you guys all get your watches wet?" I wondered what that could be about. (The slow flow or drip, drip of time during self-isolation?)