• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

A historical first.  Not even our beloved Nixon had his house raided.

How did the Secret Service react?

I thought I was done with meet the teacher night.  But helping raise grandkids tonight sitting in the cafeteria listening to the principal talk about safety measures I thought of Columbine, Sandy Hook and Uvalde.  I also thought, this school is a gun free zone.  But this is Texas, I wonder how many here are packin. 

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

A historical first.  Not even our beloved Nixon had his house raided.

How did the Secret Service react?

Some new background. They padlocked the basement room with the boxes of documents.

• Former President Trump met with investigators months before the FBI search on Monday, sources told CNN.

• Investigators asked where Trump stored his documents and attorneys showed them a basement room.

• After the meeting, Trump's attorneys received a letter asking to secure the room, sources told CNN.

48 years to the day from Nixon's resignation!

Some may call me a..........paranoiac, but paranoia for peace isn't that bad!

Richard Nixon

8 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I'm starting a lottery.

How long do you think it will be before Trump sends out a fundraising letter?

Steve Thomas

This is their message”: Trump and GOP immediately rush to fundraise off FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago

Republicans wasted no time trying to turn their performative outrage into solicitations for donor cash

By Igor Derysh 8/9/22

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/09/this-is-their-message-and-immediately-rush-to-fundraise-off-fbi-raid-on-mar-a-lago

Trump's Save America PAC sent out a fundraising text on Tuesday morning.

"It's time for EVERY PATRIOT to step up and stand against the Left's reckless WITCH HUNTS and political persecution of President Trump!" the landing page soliciting donations says. "Please rush in a donation IMMEDIATELY to publicly stand with President Trump against this NEVERENDING WITCH HUNT!"

The Republican National Committee wasted no time Monday night using the raid to solicit donations, sending out a text linking to their WinRed page.

"THIS IS NOT A DRILL: UNPRECEDENTED move Biden's FBI RAIDS Pres. Trump's home. Time to take back Congress," the text said.

"Never has there been a more important time to take back our country and STAND FOR FREEDOM," the landing page says. "We're counting on YOU! Donate ANY AMOUNT RIGHT NOW to show your support for the GOP to take back Congress and STOP JOE BIDEN."”

Damn! I missed it by 4 3/4 minutes.

Steve Thomas