The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

1 hour ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Can I believe my eyes? Is Jim Hargrove actually referring to Lee Oswald in the singular, as in, the ONE and ONLY historical Lee Oswald? I’m sure Jim and his acolytes couldn’t help but notice that the preposterous “Harvey and Lee” theory is nowhere to be found in the new documentary…

Good catch! :)

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gil and Jim.

I think the film does a  good job in showing the utter ridiculousness of CE 399 as a legal exhibit.

The other thing we tried to convey was that those cannot be photos of Kennedy's brain in the archives.

So yes, I think we legally showed that there is fraud in the record.

And yes Jim, we tried to point at Allen Dulles and I am really glad John Newman brought up those two points about the Flash Warning and the split in the Oswald file by the CIA. Which both happened before the assassination.

Its  neat that people who are not familiar with the case, but who saw the film, are shocked at what it shows.

Finally, I agree that the film is skillfully done. As i said, if it were not for the subject matter, it would garner some Emmy awards.  But it won't because of that subject matter.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks Gil and Jim.

I think the film does a  good job in showing the utter ridiculousness of CE 399 as a legal exhibit.

The other thing we tried to convey was that those cannot be photos of Kennedy's brain in the archives.

So yes, I think we legally showed that there is fraud in the record.

And yes Jim, we tried to point at Allen Dulles and I am really glad John Newman brought up those two points about the Flash Warning and the split in the Oswald file by the CIA. Which both happened before the assassination.

Its  neat that people who are not familiar with the case, but who saw the film, are shocked at what it shows.

Finally, I agree that the film is skillfully done. As i said, if it were not for the subject matter, it would garner some Emmy awards.  But it won't because of that subject matter.

I should mention that one of the things in JFK Revisited that really shocked my wife was the material about the Chicago assassination plot.  She had a sort of "Aha!" moment when she heard the details about the Chicago patsy and the snipers (which I had, apparently, never told her about.)   In fact, I think that sequence may have helped her to suddenly realize for the first time that I haven't been entirely delusional in recent years about the CIA, the FBI, and the JFK assassination plot.  The way the Chicago material was juxtaposed with Dallas and Oswald was quite compelling.

I whole heartedly agree.

Our editors and Paul Bleau the speaker did a really nice job on those two plots.  Which occurred about two weeks from each other and one week before Dallas. And as you said, the similarities are kind of bizarre.

GIlberto Lopez went from Florida to Texas to Mexico to Cuba after the assassination. I mean geez.

I just found out from Vince P. that once they discovered the Tampa Plot, they had men on every floor of the Floridian Hotel.  And afterwards,  JFK insisted on congratulating every guy involved with his protection personally.

I think that may have come from the fact that he was grateful he did not have to cancel this one.

I am also glad that we gave acknowledgement to Bolden.

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I should mention that one of the things in JFK Revisited that really shocked my wife was the material about the Chicago assassination plot.  She had a sort of "Aha!" moment when she heard the details about the Chicago patsy and the snipers (which I had, apparently, never told her about.)   In fact, I think that sequence may have helped her to suddenly realize for the first time that I haven't been entirely delusional in recent years about the CIA, the FBI, and the JFK assassination plot.  The way the Chicago material was juxtaposed with Dallas and Oswald was quite compelling.

W-

You and I may have our differences, and that is fine.

Perhaps we will agree on this: You can tell your wife any fact. 

When your wife (or my wife) sees the fact presented in an authoritative medium, such as a well-made film, then it becomes a "fact." 

To their valets, no man is great, and to their wives....

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

W-

You and I may have our differences, and that is fine.

Perhaps we will agree on this: You can tell your wife any fact. 

When your wife (or my wife) sees the fact presented in an authoritative medium, such as a well-made film, then it becomes a "fact." 

To their valets, no man is great, and to their wives....

And that's true of people in general, isn't it, Ben?  I think it was Nixon who observed decades ago that, "People will believe anything they see on television."

It's also the persuasive power of perceived "authority"-- something that the CIA Mockingbird propagandists have used quite effectively through the years to dupe the public.

I had a debate a few years ago with a reasonably intelligent, educated guy (on another forum) about the obvious retrograde trajectory of JFK's head during the fatal head shot, as seen on the Zapruder film.  I explained the Newtonian physics of the head motion-- indicating that the bullet could not have been fired from the Book Depository--  but the guy was firmly convinced by Luis Alvarez's bogus exploding watermelon theory, because Alvarez had won a Nobel Prize.

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 12/3/2021 at 9:11 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Take a look at this from the 40 minute mark, Oliver with Matt T:

Whew! Matt Taibbi certainly isn't much into art. He has one question to ask of Oliver Stone and he asks him about the difference between a drama and a documentary.?

He's certainly a fish out of water about the JFKA conspiracy.

Anyone here think he might be a CIA agent?

Heh heh

Oliver does an admirable  job when he realizes he's pretty much given free reign to summarize the best evidence of the film off the top of his head. He looks pretty fatigued.. I bet he's been up sometimes in the middle of the night doing interviews about the film  across the world.

I thought it went pretty well on Coast to Coast last night with George.

I just got a call today from a pretty knowledgeable guy in Sacramento telling me how much he liked the film, how well made it was  and how solid it was in its data.

Oliver will be on Len Osanic's show this week with Rob Wilson.

Then there are three pretty big things coming up which I am not at liberty to reveal right now. But will do so later.

What happened to Doug Horne's promised project of having people who worked in Hollywood special effects and editing in the 1960s comment on the Zapruder film?

This is a project worth encouraging while these players are still with us.  While I'm still with us.

Edited by David Andrews

That is still being worked on.

I think they are coming out with a DVD on it. Its editor Sydney Wilkinson and her husband.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is still being worked on.

I think they are coming out with a DVD on it. Its editor Sydney Wilkinson and her husband.

Will he need a bigger boat?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1963460/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr99

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sydney-wilkinson-1109314

Edited by David Andrews

Her and her husband both work in the film/TV business.

The have a huge home in the valley.

Really nice people. And although I am an agnostic on this, they make the best case I know of.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:24 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks Jim.  If you can take a few minutes to scan what's below, can you suggest any updates or alterations?

III. COLLUSION OF THE FBI AND CIA

The FBI took Oswald off the watch list, managed by its “WANTED NOTICE” cards, at the same time a CIA cable gave him a clean bill of political health, just a couple of months after his New Orleans arrest for alleged violence in support of Communist Cuba and less than two months before the assassination. These two actions effectively took the federal spotlight off “Lee Harvey Oswald.”Wanted_Notice_Card.jpg

The WC didn’t even bother to depose the Division 5 guy (Gheesling) who ordered the FBI's flash cancellation. “Lee Harvey Oswald” had been on that list for nearly four years, since the “defection.” Now that he was taken off it, he’d no longer be under FBI and SS surveillance on 11/22.

At the very same time the FBI was taking “Lee Harvey Oswald” off the watch list, the CIA was publishing several confusing things about him. Responding to a query from the Mexico City station, four CIA officers signed a cable giving lots of accurate biographical data on our boy but calling him “Lee Henry Oswald.” The three page cable expressed no security concerns whatsoever about Oswald and, in fact, indicated the Moscow embassy felt “life in the Soviet Union had clearly had maturing effect on Oswald.” Nothing to worry about here!

This cable was signed by Jane Roman (Angleton’s assistant), William Hood (also close to Angleton), Thomas Karamessines (assistant to Helms) and John Whitten who, according to Jefferson Morley, was the only CIA officer of the four signers who suffered any adverse consequences for this troubling cable. John Armstrong believes that Angleton ran the Oswald Project.

Lee_Henry_Oswald_1.jpg

Lee_Henry_Oswald_2.jpg

At the same time the FBI was taking “Lee Harvey Oswald” off the watch list, the CIA was giving “Lee Henry Oswald” (biographical data mostly matching LHO’s official biography) a clean bill of political health in the infamous cable of 10/10/63 (see above).

It was now no longer officially necessary for the FBI to monitor “Oswald’s” activities in Dallas. And the Secret Service would no longer be expected to investigate him prior to a presidential visit to Dallas.

Although “Lee Harvey Oswald” had been arrested for a supposedly violent confrontation in support of Fidel Castro in New Orleans just two months earlier, the entire National Security apparatus of our Federal government now seemed to just stop worrying about him. What happened next, of course, has been documented by scores of writers and filmmakers for more than half a century.

“Lee Harvey Oswald,” or more likely someone who looked like him, began making all kinds of appearances in and around Dallas. These appearances were clearly designed to attract attention. Here are just some:

- - - - - - -

“Oswald” visits the Sports Drome Rifle Range on Oct. 26, Nov. 9, Nov. 10, and again on Nov. 17, several times creating a scene and once shooting at another guy's target;

On Nov. 2 “Oswald” visits Morgan's Gun Shop in Fort Worth.

Also on Nov. 2 “Oswald” visits the Downtown Lincoln Mercury dealership where he test drives a car at wrecklessly high speeds saying he would soon come into enough money to buy a new car.

On Nov. 6 or 7 “Oswald” visits the Irving Furniture Mart for a gun part and is referred to the shop where Dial Ryder works.

On Nov. 15, “Oswald” goes to the Southland Hotel parking garage (Allright Parking Systems) and applies for a job and asks how high the Southland Building is and if it had a good view of downtown Dallas.

On Nov. 20 “Oswald” hitch-hikes on the R.L. Thornton Expressway while carrying a 4 foot long package wrapped in brown paper and introduces himself to Ralph Yates as “Lee Harvey Oswald,” discusses the President's visit, and asks to be dropped across the street from the Texas School Book Depository (where Russian-speaking “Lee Harvey Oswald” is already working).

The set-up of “Lee Harvey Oswald” was almost complete. Could this have been accomplished if the FBI and the Secret Service hadn’t been put to sleep just a few weeks earlier?

Jim, that is a pretty good precis of what happened at FBI and CIA, and what John Newman mentions in the film.  That the Secret Service now would have no reason to check him out in advance and get him off the motorcade route. 

Nice listing of those very weird sightings  also. Which no one has been able to explain in a benign manner.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Her and her husband both work in the film/TV business.

The have a huge home in the valley.

Really nice people. And although I am an agnostic on this, they make the best case I know of.

The My Pillow guy has a big house, too.

I was hoping for a word from the editor of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.  He made the squid squirm.