The Education Forum

Dealey Plaza

This sign was in the parking lot just behind the wooden fence about halfway to the railroad tower. I couldn't help but think: Lock your car, Take your keys, Hide your belongings........ especially if it's a rifle you just shot the president with!

IMG_20220814_150529834_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Jamey Flanagan
Wrong word

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, Jamey Flanagan said:

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is standing on the Zapruder pedestal and seeing how that line of sight actually matches up to what we see in the so called Zapruder film.

Unfortunately, trees have grown up in front of the pedestals on both sides so you can't stand on them cause of tree limbs right in the way. I did sit on each of the pedestals however and take video on my phone of cars going down Elm towards the triple underpass. 

29 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

This sign was in the parking lot just behind the wooden fence about halfway to the railroad tower. I couldn't help but think: Lock your car, Take your keys, Hide your belongings........ especially if it's a rifle you just shot the president with!

IMG_20220814_150529834_HDR~2.jpg

The DPD never checked the trunks of the cars in the parking lot.  I've long thought tossed in the trunk was what happened to the guns used on the Grassy Knoll behind the picket fence near the muddy footprints/bumper and cigarette butts.  Then the shooters immediately walked away.

@Ron Bulman EXACTLY! I mean, this is the assassination of the president, and you don't block the exits so parked cars can't leave the area and you don't search every vehicle and make a list of every vehicle and it's owner? Seems like basic police work you might learn your first day to me or have enough common sense to figure out! 

Jamey you made it!

You've been baptized in the holy sacrament/truth waters of Dealey Plaza!

A question...

Agreeing with Pat Speer's caveat about the difference between rapid fire automatic rifles versus the time taking physical action requirement of a bolt action one did you still have any opinion as to the claim by some that the location is so small and tight that it "looks" like it would be an easy target shot from the TXSBD 6th floor window?

Edited by Joe Bauer

45 minutes ago, Dan Rice said:

Just for fun, how about a pic from door man's perspective...

doorway.jpg

@Dan Ricethank you so much for uploading that picture! I kept trying to upload one (not exactly the same perspective but showing that red bricked access road) but no matter how much I cropped it the file was too big. For the people who didn't really know what they were talking about when they described the access road in all the accounts of people seeing a slightly different version of the Zapruder film or a similar filmed angle (usually called the unedited or unaltered Z film) and talked about Greer almost turning down it instead of on Elm and him having to make a correction and almost ran over the curb or possibly did run over the curb a little. This was also described by at least one eyewitness, I'm thinking it was Bill Shelley maybe 

2 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

I'm thinking it was Bill Shelley maybe

Not that my memory is that great, or that it is that big of a deal, but I think it was Roy Truly that may have mentioned the sweeping turn and something about maybe having to step back from his position.

3 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Not that my memory is that great, or that it is that big of a deal, but I think it was Roy Truly that may have mentioned the sweeping turn and something about maybe having to step back from his position.

You're probably right! I knew it was either Truly or Shelley but my mind blanked on Truly's name, lol! 

10 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Jamey you made it!

You've been baptized in the holy sacrament/truth waters of Dealey Plaza!

A question...

Agreeing with Pat Speer's caveat about the difference between rapid fire automatic rifles versus the time taking physical action requirement of a bolt action one did you still have any opinion as to the claim by some that the location is so small and tight that it "looks" like it would be an easy target shot from the TXSBD 6th floor window?

To me, the plaza being much more compact and smaller than I expected, the shots from the window looked significantly less challenging when viewing up from Elm Street to the Window, however, looking from the window (the window beside the alleged "sniper's nest" of course) down to the street it looks just as challenging as it has in pictures or videos or diagrams. Especially with the tree in the way!

56 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

To me, the plaza being much more compact and smaller than I expected, the shots from the window looked significantly less challenging when viewing up from Elm Street to the Window, however, looking from the window (the window beside the alleged "sniper's nest" of course) down to the street it looks just as challenging as it has in pictures or videos or diagrams. Especially with the tree in the way!

Aha!  Thank you.

So, there are those who think the alleged 6th floor bulls eye JFK head shot looked easier than those who think it was a difficult shot.

On a standing still target perhaps.

But on a 7 inch wide target moving away, downward and two feet leftward toward Jackie all in the short time between the 2nd shot and the head shot? 

I'll stick with my belief as to the bullseye ease of the head shot ... "no way Jose."

Great memories for you Jamey!

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2022 at 2:10 PM, Cory Santos said:

Watch out for hustlers.    Make sure to walk to overpass.   Make sure to Check out the gift store across the street from the depository.  Check out the depository tour but I recommend you get tickets early before you go sometimes they get crowded and you can find discounts online.

Actually when I was there I did have one guy come up and try to sell me some magazines but he didn't keep bothering me when I declined. Later on I stumbled upon some folks over in the pergola area near the picket fence at the grassy knoll and this one guy was giving them the run down on some assassination lore and I chimed in a time or two when the crowd asked him specific questions that he didn't quite know and I answered them. After that crowd left the area the hustler told me that I ruined his show. Thought that was kind of rude of him. I didn't just try to take over his presentation or anything and only chimed in a couple of times when he didn't exactly have the answers the crowd was looking for. Anyway, just thought you might get a kick out of that story, lol!