The Education Forum

Exposing the FPCC part 3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New Orleans Historical Society had the same flyer, not pamphlet, under glass with 544 Camp Street.

Is that a fake also ? 😉

That is where our editors got it.

BTW, that collection, which I have been at more than once, is a valuable place.  John Volz told me that he questioned Bundy for Garrison.  So he decided to test him.  He asked what color were the flyers he saw exchanged that night.  Bundy said they were yellow.  This surprised Volz. But if you go to that collection you will see that one of the flyers LHO handed out that summer was yellow.

But hey, if Litwin and Roe say so, that much be fake also, right?🤮

Edited by James DiEugenio

The underlying problem with 544 Camp Street is pretty simple: it blows up one pillar of the Warren Report.

We are supposed to think that somehow the FBI and Secret Service, in all those months of working on the case, never had any indications of Oswald being there.  When, in fact, he stamped it on his flyers and the FBI knew this.

The number of witnesses who could have testified to Oswald being there, or with Banister, are in the double digits. And what makes the problem even more salient is the same building once housed the CRC.  As I write in the book JFK Revisited, there was a cover up about when the CRC left the building, which the HSCA did not do a good job exploring. (See p. 60 of JFK Revisited, by James DiEugenio.) So between the CRC and Banister's office, the idea that a communist would be frequenting such a place is a bit ridiculous if not absurd.

Dave Boylan has shown that not only was the address stamped on at least two pieces of literature; but Oswald put his name on others.  Banister was aware of this and it really upset him. He said words to the effect that : how is it going to look with my address on that flyer?  He told this to Sam Newman,  the custodian James Arthus, and Roberts. Which, of course, indicates consciousness of guilt. (DiEugenio, Destiny Betrayed, second edition,  p. 111)

Now, when we go through the number of witnesses who can place Oswald at the building, or with Banister, well, the last time I looked it was about eleven. (ibid, pp. 110-14)

What the WR and the FBI did with this aspect of the case was pretty awful.  But from their point of view, maintaining a cover up, its understandable. Oswald was there, in the midst of a bunch of rightwing, CIA affiliated nuts, was creating FPCC literature, Banister knew about, and so did Core and Shaw. They even warned the FBI about Oswald's faux pas with the address.

The thing is, and to show you how potent this stuff registers, Wallace Milam once asked me to bring him some of Garrison's files not presented at Shaw's trial. So I did at a conference down in Dallas.  As he leafed through them over lunch, he exclaimed repeatedly, with an astonished look on his face: "Garrison had this kind of stuff?"  I assured him there was more.

This is why I have so little time, respect, and patience with people like Paul Hoch. Hoch spent decades blasting Garrison without ever producing any of his raw files. While passing himself off as an objective and busy researcher.  Which, if you read his Echoes of Conspiracy journal, he really was not. 

IMO, that was both pretentious and pernicious.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Jim

This reminds me of the intriguing fact that only two years after the assassination, in 1965, Sam Newman (the owner of the 544 Camp Street property) sold the building for 58,000 dollars. On the same day, it was resold for a much lesser price of 34,800 dollars.  Just eight years later, in 1973 - as the local attorney's office is trying hard to get rid of Garrison - Gerald Gallinghouse, the man who was running the prosecution against Garrison, filed a motion for Washington (i.e., the government) to buy the building ... a generous offer well above the last sales price of $141, 162.50. Clearly, something odd was transpiring, and the coverup was eliminating any/all remnants of the investigation (and 544 Camp Street) left in New Orleans ... the files, the building, and the DA himself.  As you pointed out in a June 2020 EF thread about Kerry Thornley, if Jim Garrison didn't have anything, why were they so eager to completely erase any memory of 544 Camp Street? 

Gene

The Newman Bldg..png

14 hours ago, Gene Kelly said:

Jim

This reminds me of the intriguing fact that only two years after the assassination, in 1965, Sam Newman (the owner of the 544 Camp Street property) sold the building for 58,000 dollars. On the same day, it was resold for a much lesser price of 34,800 dollars.  Just eight years later, in 1973 - as the local attorney's office is trying hard to get rid of Garrison - Gerald Gallinghouse, the man who was running the prosecution against Garrison, filed a motion for Washington (i.e., the government) to buy the building ... a generous offer well above the last sales price of $141, 162.50. Clearly, something odd was transpiring, and the coverup was eliminating any/all remnants of the investigation (and 544 Camp Street) left in New Orleans ... the files, the building, and the DA himself.  As you pointed out in a June 2020 EF thread about Kerry Thornley, if Jim Garrison didn't have anything, why were they so eager to completely erase any memory of 544 Camp Street? 

Gene

The Newman Bldg..png

JMO.  Because the FBI, CIA, INS and Secret Service all had offices in the Postal Annex across the street to the right in the picture, in the summer of 1963 in New Orleans.  And they all knew who Oswald was.  The CIA was likely manipulating him.  Some of them knew he had an office across the street.  Jim Garrison's come to Jesus moment in On The Trail of the Assassins.

Shades of Holmes watching the assassination through binoculars across Dealy Plaza from the TSBD from the top floor of the Dallas Postal Annex.  

Nice one Gene.

IMO, the idea was to wipe the building off the map of the city.  

It was too clearly indicative of what had happened.  

On 9/19/2022 at 9:29 PM, James DiEugenio said:

This was discovered a very long time ago by the prodigious New Orleans researcher Peter Vea.

He wrote to me about it and its hinted at in Mellen, p. 124.

When you say "Mellen, p. 124" are you referring to "A Farewell To Justice"? Has Peter Vea written this down or has any documentation backing up his theory that Gene Davis was a pimp essentially?

The idea that Gene Davis was a pimp could be key to understanding the 3 gay kids that came in with Oswald to Dean Andrews office. 

The role of CBS in founding the Fair Play for Cuba

Committee (which I discussed earlier in this thread) is

striking instance of how involved the media were

before and after the assassination in creating

the Oswald "legend" and in other activities

surrounding the assassination.