The Education Forum

Jefferson Morley on A Major Break Coming in the JFK Assassination Story

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolf Mowatt--Larssen?

I saw this guy at a CAPA Conference in Dallas.

To put it mildly, I was not impressed.

Morley seems to have something: Certainly worth paying attention to.

Many Americans wonder why the CIA is still concealing records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, which happened nearly 60 years ago.

We now have the answer. The CIA is hiding something terribly embarrassing, if not incriminating, about its role in the JFK story. In mid-1963, senior Agency officials approved a covert operation that used Lee Harvey Oswald for intelligence purposes, three months before Oswald allegedly shot and killed the president in Dallas on November 22, 1963. The CIA hid this operation from the Warren Commission in 1964, from the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1978, and from the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) in 1998. The explosive story is told in 44 JFK records that the CIA has “denied in full” to the public.

In an Oct. 2021 memo President Biden set December 15 for federal agencies to disclose all records related to the assassination. Whether the CIA will release records related to the undisclosed Oswald operation is a test of Biden’s order and the 1992 JFK Records Act, which mandates release of all assassination-related information in the government’s possession.

I will explain what we know—and do not know—about the undisclosed Oswald operation at a press conference at the National Press Club tomorrow, Tuesday December 6.

The event, sponsored by the Mary Ferrell Foundation, puts this major development in the Dallas tragedy into legal, political, and historical context.

Foundation president Rex Bradford will speak about what has been learned about JFK’s assassination in the past 25 years and what remains to be done.

Attorney Larry Schnapf will speak about the foundation’s lawsuit against Biden and the National Archives for failure to enforce the JFK Records Act.

Judge John Tunheim, former chair of the ARRB, will speak about the board’s work and about how the CIA misled the review board on the still-secret records.

Rolf Mowatt-Larssen, former CIA officer, will comment on the evidence of the undisclosed Oswald operation.

Fernand Amandi, pollster and MSNBC analyst, will present the results of a nationwide poll on Americans’ attitudes toward JFK’s assassination and President Biden order on JFK files.

Well, who knows. I hope they have something solid, and are not just surmising what may be true. 

Its important for everyone to remember that this is a press conference on JFK assassination related documents ...not some sort of  "reveal".   Its in support of an effort to push legal action to force document release and new document collection.  The goal is to give the press at least one example of what still remains undisclosed (or missing) from the record.  Something they might actually write a story about, one with some facts, not just speculation.

4 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Its important for everyone to remember that this is a press conference on JFK assassination related documents ...not some sort of  "reveal".   Its in support of an effort to push legal action to force document release and new document collection.  The goal is to give the press at least one example of what still remains undisclosed (or missing) from the record.  Something they might actually write a story about, one with some facts, not just speculation.

No disagreement from me, but dang, I hope they have something solid.

If they have some hard stuff, that will be explosive. If what they have is intelligent deduction, or very reasonable conjecture, and even possibly "true"...then I think it will be a flub. 

Just my two cents. 

26 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

If they have some hard stuff, that will be explosive. If what they have is intelligent deduction, or very reasonable conjecture, and even possibly "true"...then I think it will be a flub. 

Just my two cents. 

Morley had mentioned having ‘living witnesses’ on his blog of the CIA psyops involving LHO. Hope that’s the case.

We do what we can with what we have - the goal is to get the attention of at least some press, in a time when interest and opinions on the JFK assassination are not going the way most of us here would like.  The press in general has very little idea of what has been discovered over the past two decades from the work of the ARRB or even the limited compliance with the JFK Records act.  The same goes for the extent to which the CIA and other agencies have stonewalled the effort. To write stories encouraging further work you have to get their attention and give them something concrete to write about.

The measure of success will be the extent to which any stories at all appear supporting full records release and further records collection - in other words its about bringing attention to the need for compliance with the law, which Presidents have not been doing and NARA had not had the empowerment to step up to its fully defined role as the successor to the ARRB.

If no stories are written then it will be a fail, and several people will have wasted time and money on the effort - there are never any guarantees in press work.  Bottom line, its all about reaching the press and generating some support for the legal action, its not a reveal for the JFK community.

23 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Just my two cents. 

Agreed. I kinda doubt this is the case but I could see this sort of hype if Morley figured out there was a previously unlisted withheld-in-full CIA document from August ‘63 titled “Lee Harvey Oswald”, or something like that. Does anyone know which 44 records he might be referring to, RIFs, etc.? 

10 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Anyone care to relate their knowledge about what a "psyops" might have involved?

Man, that is an interesting question. Also, what was a "covert" op involving LHO? 

LHO was stateside in 1963, except for his Mexico City trip. I contend LHO was in Mexico City and was also was impersonated while there...maybe that is it. 

19 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Anyone care to relate their knowledge about what a "psyops" might have involved?

Could be anything, mostly propaganda, using all available media, including distribution of leaflets in New-Orleans 😃

No, it's really hard to tell... usually it's "make something bad happening and blame the others" and/or "fool the people".

The NBC thing was interesting. I know the media, especially ABC and Fox, have played plenty of programs pro WC - but NBC also being part of it. Ridiculous that they still feel the need all these years to not have a free and open discussion on it. I would still love to see a docuseries on exploring the different parts of the case. The Hunt for Oswald garbage on the history channel was awful. We need more people to see this from our point of view, and even in the community there are different view points. I think the podcast Out of the Blank has been doing a tremendous job talking to people. I hope Biden does the right thing, but my hopes are not up.