The Education Forum

Jefferson Morley on A Major Break Coming in the JFK Assassination Story

I'm glad that the research community are showing that they not prepared to just accept the CIA and FBI being allowed kick the can further down the road. Much respect to all of the group who are behind this. 

I also like that they are forcing the issue further than just the withheld documents and are seeking for other records to be included with the scope of the JFK Act.  

In the UK the opposition parties would try to slaughter the incumbent government for not abiding by the law. Obviously the GOP can't do that given that Trump did not release all of the documents but are there any US politicians publicly supporting the release of these documents?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...nice presentation, but...it is still debatable whether LHO was a witting or unwitting asset, or whether the CIA just monitored LHO. 

I strongly suspect LHO was a type of witting asset, but of course the record is still hazy, largely due to government secrecy and the murder of LHO (itself highly suspicious). If I had to bet, I would bet LHO was an intel asset (of which there were hundreds and maybe even thousands at the time, due to the Cuba situation (Cuban exiles, mercenaries, Miami Station hangers-on, anti-Castro and anti-communists, and so on). 

I deeply admire Morley and others for pursuing the truth...something the M$M did not do then, nor does now. 

Pretty good story in Newsweek.  I think we should start posting these.

https://www.newsweek.com/new-documents-shed-light-cias-connection-lee-harvey-oswald-1765105

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

They do not have the documents and have not seen them. Morley is merely making assumptions.

From Newsweek say that he obtained a document resulting of the October lawsuit. When is he going to release that document?

In a Tuesday press conference at the National Press Club, Jefferson Morley—a veteran of the D.C. press corps and a preeminent expert on JFK's assassination with the Mary Ferrell Foundation—told reporters that he and attorneys with the foundation obtained documentation relating to a still-classified covert operation approved by senior CIA officials three months before Kennedy's death that suggested the agency used Oswald for intelligence purposes several weeks prior to shooting.”

We'll wait, hope for the best and see what happens.   Announcements can be confusing, I wouldn't build a theory around it. 

Like, how does a "low-level operative" relate to a double-agent, spending almost 3 years in Russia, getting married, have a kid, come back, have another kid, still continuing his role as a double agent ?  And during all that time job-hopping for a couple of nickels and dimes.  Sounds like a true patriot to do all of that...   

Don't get me wrong please, I am not suggesting anything, the above is just an example of what assuming can lead to, so let's stick to the documents before concluding anything.

16 minutes ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

We'll wait, hope for the best and see what happens.   Announcements can be confusing, I wouldn't build a theory around it. 

Like, how does a "low-level operative" relate to a double-agent, spending almost 3 years in Russia, getting married, have a kid, come back, have another kid, still continuing his role as a double agent ?  And during all that time job-hopping for a couple of nickels and dimes.  Sounds like a true patriot to do all of that...   

Don't get me wrong please, I am not suggesting anything, the above is just an example of what assuming can lead to, so let's stick to the documents before concluding anything.

Newsweek states as a fact that Morley has discovered a few days or weeks ago a document on a still-classified covert operation approved by senior CIA officials three months before Kennedy's death that suggested the agency used Oswald for intelligence purposes several weeks prior to shooting. Did Newsweek ask Morley to see the document? Or did they just take his word? Where can I see that document?

13 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

From Newsweek say that he obtained a document resulting of the October lawsuit. When is he going to release that document?

Newsweek is wrong. If Morley had such a document, that would be the first thing he would have shown. He speculates that the Joannides documents will prove his theory of an "Oswald Operation." They will do no such thing as they have already been seen by the ARRB who found nothing. If and when the documents are released, he will search through them for a word or phrase he can use to justify his claims and couple that with the witnesses he claims to have (but has not presented yet). He will then have his manufactured "truth" and can continue to write books and articles for years and call himself the "man who solved the assassination." That is my take on what Morley is doing.