The Education Forum

Oswald's Midnight Press Conference

Gil Jesus

There are coincidences and then there are coincidences within coincidences.

So, nobody knew exactly when Oswald was going to be physically led down into and through the basement hallway to the press crowd in the garage?

Curry did not tell "anyone" the "exact" time frame for this?

All the press set up inside and outside were not told even a "general" time frame for Oswald's exposed walk through and vehicle transfer?

They just set themselves up there not knowing if it would be a 10:am move or a 12: pm move?

And the same with the assembled crowd across the street from the heavily guarded exit ramp?

Ruby seeing all the commotion in that location was the only way he found out that Oswald was being brought down to the basement at that time and then driven away?

Just spontaneous, coincidental timing luck?

With just enough time for Ruby to saunter down to the DPD ramp opening, stealthily sneak into and down the ramp, wriggle through and hide himself among the press crowd to get feet away from Oswald who was then walked right to him?

That's a remarkably fortuitous multiple timing factors bit of coincidences and luck. 

Ruby just happened to go to the Western Union office at just the right time. He leaves the WU office at just the right time to notice the crowd gathering commotion and on a whim walks over to it and just keeps testing his luck to sneak down into the basement, hide among and then push through the press crush ( with no press pass ID ) just as Oswald is led mere feet to him?

And luckily ( again ) Oswald is only protected by two guards on his sides with his front totally exposed?

Oh, and Ruby just happens to bring his loaded 38 with him into the DPD basement? Knowing he should not be doing so? He could have left it in the trunk of his car.

I've read that there were alternate plans regards Oswald actually being driven in the armored car. That this would be a "decoy" vehicle in case someone during the drive to the County jail wanted to attack it, thinking Oswald would be inside.

That instead, Oswald would be placed in the back seat of a follow up car, told to lay down and covered up?

No such switch could have been done as the armored car and follow up cars were right there in front of the press crowd, so they would see the real transfer vehicle.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

With just enough time for Ruby to saunter down to the DPD ramp opening,

AHHHHH... no, no, no...  he did not come down that ramp my friend... he really did go in the side door, down the stairs, across the vacant, unguarded parking area, thru the railing and was al of a sudden seen at that spot by a number of people...  I think you'd enjoy the essay.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

No such switch could have been done as the armored car and follow up cars were right there in front of the press crowd, so they would see the real transfer vehicle.

With TV cameras rolling they were going to switch and use a decoy...

In reality Joe, the armored car could not back down the ramp as the ceiling was too low... this diagram is accurate except for the path Ruby is shown taking.  Did they actually think they were going to walk him up the ramp to the armored car?

John and I wrestled with the timing issue for a long while.  Fritz had to have been told that the time was now as he abruptly stopped questioning Oswald and scooted him down to his death...  As I wrote, the 3rd floor windows in the courthouse look out over the parking lot, around the corner from WESTBROOK's 3rd floor office was an opening to the 3rd floor of the courts building...  All he had to do was to be at that window... Ruby was seen by the DPD earlier that morning and witnesses at his apartment saw a man supposedly Ruby who did not look or act much like Ruby at all...

Coincidence within coincidence... I like it.  and by the way, his dog was not left in the car as originally thought.  He knew where he was going and what he had to do.  

1570109935_basementsuperimposedoverbuilding.jpg.aac56430b41acb90071819fd99ef8569.jpg

2 hours ago, David Josephs said:

by the way, his dog was not left in the car as originally thought.

I realize this is a digression of a digression, David, but could you elaborate as to the fate of the dog. The dog-left-in-the-car story made it seem that Ruby hadn't planned to shoot Oswald. He simply carried his piece with him to the Western Union office like any Texan would. No, not the Western Union office close by his apartment. The office close by the jail.

George G.

I never heard that there was a Western Union office closer to Ruby's apartment than the one he went to.

Is that a proven fact?

Was this other WU just slightly closer or at least a 5 minute time saving closer?

Since Ruby reportedly placed his usual cash monies that he carried on him ( a couple of grand=$20,000 in today's dollars ) in his locked car trunk before sauntering down to the DPD exit ramp crowd that morning, why would he feel the need to keep his loaded 38 on him?

He told the Warren Commission he carried the gun because he carried large amounts of cash on him.

Same with carrying his loaded 38 right into the DPD building on Friday night?

Ruby was stalking Oswald for sure. Waiting for an opportunity to get a close up shot into him. This truth has been proven and was even admitted to by Ruby himself.

"You guys ( the Dallas PD ) couldn't do it.

"I wanted to spare Jackie Kennedy any more grief. And to show Jews have guts!

I wonder if Ruby asked Little Lynn to call him with her money request ( $25 ) to give him the perfect alibi for going to the WU when he did.

Considering how traumatized everyone was over JFK's killing, I would think Little Lynn might have thought her boss was too shook up to bother him like that...and on a Sunday morning?

Did Little Lynn live so far away from Ruby's apartment that he couldn't just drive to her home and give her the money in person? 

Little Lynn held back much that she knew about Ruby and other related things she heard or witnessed I am sure.

Didn't she allow herself to be eye candy once or twice for Ruby's big shot mob friends that came into town in her short few months working for Jack?

Edited by Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

never heard that there was a Western Union office closer to Ruby's apartment than the one he went to.

Is that a proven fact?

Hi, Joe! I tried the search function here and my web page blew up. Then I used Duck Duck Go and came up with this thread from 2019. Fact? It seems dang certain to me.

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

George G.

I never heard that there was a Western Union office closer to Ruby's apartment than the one he went to.

Is that a proven fact?

Was this other WU just slightly closer or at least a 5 minute time saving closer?

Since Ruby reportedly placed his usual cash monies that he carried on him ( a couple of grand=$20,000 in today's dollars ) in his locked car trunk before sauntering down to the DPD exit ramp crowd that morning, why would he feel the need to keep his loaded 38 on him?

He told the Warren Commission he carried the gun because he carried large amounts of cash on him.

Same with carrying his loaded 38 right into the DPD building on Friday night?

Ruby was stalking Oswald for sure. Waiting for an opportunity to get a close up shot into him. This truth has been proven and was even admitted to by Ruby himself.

"You guys ( the Dallas PD ) couldn't do it.

"I wanted to spare Jackie Kennedy any more grief. And to show Jews have guts!

I wonder if Ruby asked Little Lynn to call him with her money request ( $25 ) to give him the perfect alibi for going to the WU when he did.

Considering how traumatized everyone was over JFK's killing, I would think Little Lynn might have thought her boss was too shook up to bother him like that...and on a Sunday morning?

Did Little Lynn live so far away from Ruby's apartment that he couldn't just drive to her home and give her the money in person? 

Little Lynn held back much that she knew about Ruby and other related things she heard or witnessed I am sure.

Didn't she allow herself to be eye candy once or twice for Ruby's big shot mob friends that came into town in her short few months working for Jack?

Little Lynn's movements that weekend are (IMO) well discussed in Flip De Mey’s books.

On 2/3/2023 at 8:35 PM, Lance Payette said:

Is it not at least mildly humorous how people keep telling us we're "on ignore" while responding to us? I don't understand the game. The couple of people I have on ignore will not see me posting "I have you on ignore, but ...." Or, as Jim D. says, "I have you on ignore, but my cellphone accidentally went off in my hand, and then my dog bit my leg, and then I dropped the phone, and it somehow deactivated the ignore function when it hit the ground, and so I did happen to see this one post to which I am now responding - but never again, I assure you for the 43rd time."

Well said and very obviously true.

5 hours ago, George Govus said:

I realize this is a digression of a digression, David, but could you elaborate as to the fate of the dog. The dog-left-in-the-car story made it seem that Ruby hadn't planned to shoot Oswald. He simply carried his piece with him to the Western Union office like any Texan would. No, not the Western Union office close by his apartment. The office close by the jail.

The wild thing George is that i literally read about that recently and will have a tough time finding it at the moment...  I usually save things like that, even screenshots...  I will look at my history...

The article said that Sheba was with his other dogs being cared for...  I hate when that happens to me, but if I read it, I think I can find it.  Please give me a little time

http://www.ronaldecker.com/rubysdog.html 

I'll keep looking, but simply cannot find where I read that just recently too...

I feel terrible as I have a photographic memory and can see the writing, just not the page...

All good things in all good time... I hope.

3 hours ago, George Govus said:

Hi, Joe! I tried the search function here and my web page blew up. Then I used Duck Duck Go and came up with this thread from 2019. Fact? It seems dang certain to me.

Ha, yes. I was a part of that 3 year old thread. I was asking the same questions as I have been in this one. I forgot about these questions being answered in that older thread. Little Lynn lived 32 miles away from Ruby. Too far to hand deliver the $25. Ruby had done business with the Western Union office he used to send Little Lynn's money.

Forgot about the news truck technicians parked next to the DPD building who claimed a man looking very much like Jack Ruby approached them and was asking them questions at 8:am that morning.

4 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Forgot about the news truck technicians parked next to the DPD building who claimed a man looking very much like Jack Ruby approached them and was asking them questions at 8:am that morning.

So many stop so short of the research and digging required to find the roots...

So many details, by design, to make it extremely difficult to piece the jigsaw puzzle together... that's why you have to shout out to that first generation of researchers without the world at their fingertips...

Difference between snail-mail and email...  Reading Weisberg always amazes me, Salandria as well.
and that's just the tip of the iceberg... can't name them all here... but thanks to them we can do what we do.

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

David- Larry Hancock or David Boylan would likely know for sure, but I believe that's Steve Wilson in the middle there.

Well done Matt...  yes that's No Name Key's Mr. Wilson.