The Education Forum

Robert Kennedy jr. about to run for president

13 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I get it John. I eat organic, and animal products minimally, and if it’s meat only from sustainable farm agriculture. 

That's sound, Paul.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2023 at 1:21 AM, Karl Kinaski said:

The 2024 US presidential election will be the most exciting ever. Involving a Kennedy for the third time. RFK jr starts where his uncle and his father were stopped by bullets ... IMO  there are too many fires in 2024 to put out for "Permanent Washington" and it's deep state zombies. 

In the course of this upheaval there is IMO a good chance that  the true circumstances of the JFKA will also come to light.

Article of Jeffrey A. Tucker, EPOCH TIMES.

Article Jeffry A. Tucker THE EPOCH TIMES, March 6th 2023 

Quote:

Close quote

Fourth time. 

21 minutes ago, John Deignan said:

Fourth time. 

Indeed.  I was at Faneuil Hall in Boston on November 7, 1979 when Ted Kennedy announced his candidacy for the U.S. Presidency.  It was a sunny autumn morning and the entire plaza around Faneuil Hall was jammed with enthusiastic Kennedy supporters.  The depth of emotion in that crowd was palpable.

As for RFK, Jr., I admire many things about the man, and his heart is in the right place, but I think it will be tough sledding for him.

There was a derogatory thread about his candidacy over at the Democratic Underground today. 

Edited by W. Niederhut

At some point his detractors will bring up a couple of personal issues I feel sure.

First, his addiction and arrest for heroin possession.  Which I personally admire his ability to overcome and become a successful Harvard educated environmental attorney.

Second, the circumstances leading to his second wife's suicide.  She reportedly had mental health issues going back to her teens.

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

See the water cooler thread.

Supposedly running, as a Democrat, at the behest of Steve Bannon. Very unfortunate.

Water cooler thread? 

I always thought Kathleen Kennedy might have been a good Kennedy family candidate. However, women still hadn't reached the heights of acceptance in the final presidential candidacy realm when she ran. 

She had no personal and political baggage at all.

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Water cooler thread? 

Yes Paul.  Page 14 of the mainstream contemporary facts thread.  A link by Matt Allison.  Picture of RFK JR with Roger Stone and Flynn.  Another of him between the chump and Pence.  A claim that Bannon is supporting him and urging him to run.  Matt's post are usually spot on but I'm having trouble reconciling this with American Values.

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yes Paul.  Page 14 of the mainstream contemporary facts thread.  A link by Matt Allison.  Picture of RFK JR with Roger Stone and Flynn.  Another of him between the chump and Pence.  A claim that Bannon is supporting him and urging him to run.  Matt's post are usually spot on but I'm having trouble reconciling this with American Values.

I don’t think he’s doing the bidding of Bannon and co. I believe he’d rather engage with all sides of the political spectrum. I’m no fan of these guys, but in a country where the Justice department finally, after 7 years, indicts the crook who used to be President, while letting far worse criminals - I’m thinking of the Bush administration- off the hook for war crimes (remember Obama explaining that we needed to look forward not back!) that dwarf anything we’ve had since, I’m not in a partisan mood. In my view we need a change, and we need to engage the people who voted for Trump who had valid reasons for being upset with a crooked and broken system which cares not for the average citizen. Forget the racists for a minute a think about the working class wage slaves whose children have virtually no future. Think about the people who lost their homes in the 2008 financial crisis due to the calumny of banksters who did not face prosecution. I’m sick of partisan media on both sides. I’m sick of Democrats patting themselves on their backs and calling themselves the good guys for finally throwing some charges against Trump, and for the least of his crimes. They are not. None of them are. Btw Trump isn’t due back in court until December. Ask yourself, any and all of you, not you Ron - who would you like to see in the White House? Biden, Trump, DeSantis, RFK Jr.? I’m not saying he could win. I am saying we need a change from status quo. 

20 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I don’t think he’s doing the bidding of Bannon and co. I believe he’d rather engage with all sides of the political spectrum. I’m no fan of these guys, but in a country where the Justice department finally, after 7 years, indicts the crook who used to be President, while letting far worse criminals - I’m thinking of the Bush administration- off the hook for war crimes (remember Obama explaining that we needed to look forward not back!) that dwarf anything we’ve had since, I’m not in a partisan mood. In my view we need a change, and we need to engage the people who voted for Trump who had valid reasons for being upset with a crooked and broken system which cares not for the average citizen. Forget the racists for a minute a think about the working class wage slaves whose children have virtually no future. Think about the people who lost their homes in the 2008 financial crisis due to the calumny of banksters who did not face prosecution. I’m sick of partisan media on both sides. I’m sick of Democrats patting themselves on their backs and calling themselves the good guys for finally throwing some charges against Trump, and for the least of his crimes. They are not. None of them are. Btw Trump isn’t due back in court until December. Ask yourself, any and all of you, not you Ron - who would you like to see in the White House? Biden, Trump, DeSantis, RFK Jr.? I’m not saying he could win. I am saying we need a change from status quo. 

Well said, Paul.

I think there will be a sophisticated smear campaign, of which whispers of an alleged "Bannon link" is just one facet. The campaign, looking at that Twitter thread, will include MAGA, anti-vaxx, Sirhan apologist etc but the real issue is that RFK Jr is not afraid to publicly discuss issues even Bernie Sanders shied away from: 

"“The Ukraine war is the final collapse of the neocon's short-lived ‘American Century,’” Kennedy said. “The neocon projects in Iraq and Ukraine have cost $8.1 trillion, hollowed out our middle class, made a laughingstock of US military power and moral authority, pushed China and Russia into an invincible alliance, destroyed the dollar as the global currency, cost millions of lives and done nothing to advance democracy or win friendships or influence.”