The Education Forum

NEW NIX FILM LEGAL BREAKTHROUGH

Is this the culmination of over 30 years’ research, numerous dead-end leads, false dawns, and dashed hopes?

https://nypost.com/2023/05/27/feds-hid-jfk-film-that-could-prove-grassy-knoll-conspiracy-lawsuit/

Hope springs eternal!

Edited by Chris Scally

As there's been a break in the chain of custody for several decades, then this film if it surfaced would be deemed inadmissible in a court of law and therefore would not be "new evidence".

Isn't that the argument that is often made with every single piece of evidence in the JFK case? Something or other is wrong with the chain of custody?

There would be no way to know if someone drew in that second assassin on the grassy knoll 😀

4 hours ago, Chris Scally said:

Is this the culmination of over 30 years’ research, numerous dead-end leads, false dawns, and dashed hopes?

https://nypost.com/2023/05/27/feds-hid-jfk-film-that-could-prove-grassy-knoll-conspiracy-lawsuit/

Hope springs eternal!

Thanks for posting this, Chris. If I recall, David Lifton has claimed that Robert Groden may be in possession of the original Nix film...

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Thanks for posting this, Chris. If I recall, David Lifton has claimed that Robert Groden may be in possession of the original Nix film...

Groden I believe denied this in a recent video presentation for Dealey Plaza UK.

Finally, the mainstream media has started paying attention to the significant Nix film, which captures JFK's assassination on November 23, 1963, from a unique vantage point at the pergola. The footage unmistakably shows the presence of gunmen. After the shots are fired, the film records noticeable movement as individuals hastily exit the pergola.

The Sixth Floor Museum reportedly houses a copy of this film. It's a compelling piece that warrants further investigation. Interestingly, they've shared sections of the Nix film on Facebook that are strikingly different from the versions made available to researchers.

The suppression of the Nix film is of great concern, as it provides a detailed account of what transpired that day.

35 minutes ago, Roger Odisio said:

Anyone have a link to the court filing?

This is the only one related to the film I could find for now - dated 2017. I have not read it.

Jackson v. United States of America, 248 F. Supp. 3d 167 – CourtListener.com

Edited by Bob Ness

How is filing a lawsuit a legal breakthrough?

Did I miss something?

11 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

The suppression of the Nix film is of great concern, as it provides a detailed account of what transpired that day.

Certainly.  The full truth of one of the most momentous historical events of the 20th century was denied us without the often used professional press recording from the back of a flat bed truck in front of the presidential limousine.  Instead we are only left with Altgens' professional stills on Elm St.

Moving images from members of the press, i.e. Darnell etc were filmed after the gunfire.  Consequently, we are left with amateur home movie recordings or poor quality stills.

Zapruder's movie was hidden away for years with its authenticity still argued over.  Whatever anyone thinks of Beverley Oliver, (I know Ian Griggs believed her story of her film & its capture by FBI) or whoever Babushka was, she was filming a movie sequence of the motorcade on Elm that nobody has ever seen.

Time is of the essence.  Whatever amateur film is out there, it is of inferior quality, but are the only recordings that history has.  Professional restoration, whatever detail is exposed, is vital.  

As I alluded to in the opening post, the Nix family has been trying to find the camera original film since the 1990's. The recently-filed (May 11) 50+ page Complaint to the Federal Court of Claims is effectively the product of that 30 years of searching. The family still do not have the camera-original film, but the hope is that this legal process may somehow lead to it being found, with the further hope that the sophisticated advances in photo enhancement technology may be able to answer for once and for all the question of whether or not there was a gunman on the grassy knoll when President Kennedy was killed.