The Education Forum

Paul Landis credibility MAY have taken a couple hits here- 1983 and ("NEW") 2010 statements

Vince Palamara

6 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

He was on the follow-up car the whole time***, although he went into the car after a short time at Love Field and then eventually went back out on the running board. 

***except for a couple unannounced short stops on the outskirts of Dallas where he and the other agents surrounded the presidential limo.

thanks for the clarification.

Also, is Robenalt's remark, Oswald was still in the building supported by fact?  Seems a leap to me but I've not studied the timeline related to this photo that closely.  And, is it odd that he/they chose the McIntire photo of Landis instead of others ... assuming there are others?

Edited by Leslie Sharp

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Leslie Sharp said:

thanks for the clarification.

Also, is Robenalt's remark, Oswald was still in the building supported by fact?  Seems a leap to me but I've not studied the timeline that closely.

I would have to see the actual book- we shall see. :)

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

@Vince Palamara
can you comment on James Robenalt's recent twitter: "The most amazing photo from Nov. 22, 1963 shows Paul Landis still on the side running board of Halfback (sunglasses), speeding to Parkland Hospital. Texas School Book Depository looms in the background, with the window Oswald just shot from visible. Oswald was still in building."

·
Views

This is only more confirmation to me Landis memory shall we say has slipped.  He now says:  

He recalls hearing the gunshot ring out in Dealy Plaza while he was walking just feet away from the president in 1963, he told The New York Times. He then heard an additional two shots and saw Kennedy keeled over in the back of the open limousine. 

Landis said he had to duck down to avoid being splattered by brains.

BS.  He was on the right rear running board the whole time.  See also Altgens 6. In it at the time of the shots he is clearly on the running board looking back towards the TSBD.

Tag » JFK Assassination Jimmy Darnell Film « @ Prayer Man

1 minute ago, Ron Bulman said:

This is only more confirmation to me Landis memory shall we say has slipped.  He now says:  

He recalls hearing the gunshot ring out in Dealy Plaza while he was walking just feet away from the president in 1963, he told The New York Times. He then heard an additional two shots and saw Kennedy keeled over in the back of the open limousine. 

Landis said he had to duck down to avoid being splattered by brains.

BS.  He was on the right rear running board the whole time.  See also Altgens 6. In it at the time of the shots he is clearly on the running board looking back towards the TSBD.

Tag » JFK Assassination Jimmy Darnell Film « @ Prayer Man

Further, Agent John Ready, immediately in front of him on the right running board did start to step off to run towards JFK's limo but Special Agent In Charge of those in the follow up car Emory Roberts, riding shotgun in immediately ordered him back on board.  Roberts was staring directly at JFK when he was hit, as was his job, and did absolutely nothing.

On 9/12/2023 at 6:56 AM, Larry Hancock said:

I think I have to chime in here with what I think would be a critical point - that is the reality that within one to two hours of the attack on JFK there was no "pressure" at all on any law enforcement officer to "toe the line" media wise.  At that point it was a totally open criminal investigation and many officers were collecting possible evidence of all types and documenting it - many very poorly - but I see no evidence of any innocent explanation for something as obvious as a bullet fragment or bullet not to being reported to a senior agent or officer, shown to a fellow officer, marked in place or officially collected as evidence and taken into custody.

It is true that the Secret Service seems to have been very casual about handling evidence and you can explain that with poor training, bad supervision, or the chaos of the moment.   In other words if you want to give Landis a pass  you can treat him as incompetent  or derelict in his duties but mishandling evidence so dramatically that early would not be a sign of pressure, or fear of rocking the boat since there was no official story and no  LN artifice in place at that time. 

I would also encourage a through photo study  to see if Landis ever shows up in the Parkland photos in the vicinity of the car or if any of his movements were documented in the news photography that afternoon. 

Hear, Hear!

As veteran researcher and coauthor of Coup in Dallas Alan Kent knows, the question of Paul Landis' movements are germane to David Lifton's final investigation. 

Now that Landis' actions at Parkland have resurfaced, we can expand a bit further by sharing that Pierre Lafitte's records indicate the Lancelot Project clean up extended to Parkland, e.g. mention of "Dr. Duke."  

There may be additional reasons to argue overlap of Albarelli and Lifton's investigations including Jack Crichton's business relationship with James Aston of Republic National Bank and board of Parkland Foundation; however, Hank had not read detail of Lifton's latest hypothesis specific to Parkland and/or Paul Landis so he wasn't comfortable with any suggestion of direct association. 

I should note that the McIntire photo of Landis on the running board of the follow-up car racing to Parkland could be a determining factor. Much to his credit, Alan has navigated these turbulent waters with professionalism.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

4 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

May be an image of 4 people, street and text

Talk about a testosterone pumping ride!

Look at the " Holy Cr** "expression and crouched grabbing on for dear life posture of the right side running board agent.

Did the running board agents have an external safety bar to hang onto during their wild, hair raising 60 to 70 MPH five plus minute ride to Parkland?

Otherwise, what in the heck were they holding onto to keep from being blown off?

You couldn't PAY ME to stand on just a running board for a ride like that one.

Edited by Joe Bauer

14 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:
As veteran researcher and coauthor of Coup in Dallas Alan Kent knows, the question of Paul Landis' movements are germane to David Lifton's final investigation. 

Now that Landis' actions at Parkland have resurfaced, we can expand a bit further by sharing that Pierre Lafitte's records indicate the Lancelot Project clean up extended to Parkland, e.g. mention of "Dr. Duke."  

There is no such person as "Dr. Duke."

Anyone else feel that this is all just a book deal "cashing in" effort by Landis before it's too late for him to do so?

And his story had to have a big "smoking gun" hook to make it worth buying, hence his claims of finding a bullet on the back seat back and his placing this on one of the stretchers at Parkland?

I don't buy the story myself.