• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oswald did not act alone?

uh oh.

11 hours ago, John Deignan said:

JD-

I was going to post this too, glad you did. 

Let's see how they do. AFAIK, they have not been working with anybody in the JKA research community, such as DiEugenio or John Newman. 

So...?

I'll believe this when I hear it. Maybe I'm shell-shocked by 30 years of History Channel documentaries where they spend 55 minutes laying out a wonderful case for conspiracy only to have the final five minutes be dedicated to "But here's why LHO acting alone is still the most plausible explanation." No matter how good Reiner's episodes are, the one that matters most is the final one of the series. That's it. That's the one. It's the final five minutes of the History Channel doc.

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

JD-

I was going to post this too, glad you did. 

Let's see how they do. AFAIK, they have not been working with anybody in the JKA research community, such as DiEugenio or John Newman. 

So...?

I was working with Rob, and I had a few meetings with him when this was going to do a cable TV docudrama.  It was then going to be based on three books: the Douglass one, Fonzi's, and The Man Who Knew Too Much.

But they lost the producer at the studio.  Rob tried to get it financed abroad but I guess that failed.

So they then went the podcast route. And it looks like they changed the approach.  I think Dick Russell is still part of it.  Rob only got in contact with me once or twice during this production.

But Soldedad O'brien?  She did an MLK cover up special for I think CNN.

Edited by James DiEugenio

A trusted source  heard the first installment.

Tosh Plumlee says that he flew Howard Hunt into Dallas.

Can anyone confirm this?

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

But they lost the producer at the studio. 

How did he die? I hope he didn't fall from a high studio window.

57 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Can anyone confirm this?

It is noted that Plumlee tells a very confusing, illogical story, with a complete lack of specifics, and that he has indicated that he has, in the past, used his imagination for the purpose of making his story more believable, i.e. in that he has admitted making up names of persons allegedly contacted by him.  He has also stated that he was stood on Commerce St., next to the south knoll, but is nowhere to be seen in the Cancellare photograph.

Like a WWII battleship under fire, he's making smoke.

For the public record:

I'm anxious to hear who killed JFK, identified apparently in the Reiner-O'Brien podcast by the same title. 

But before listening to the first episode of the series, I am honor-bound to share (or perhaps re-share?) with our working group and the Coup Brief team the following emails from Hank Albarelli to Dick Russell dated January 14-15, 2019, related to details from the records maintained by Pierre Lafitte that Hank had entrusted with Dick in confidence prior to publication of Coup in Dallas. At the time, Hank had just become aware that Dick was heavily involved in a Rob Reiner/JFK project; I believe this new podcast is a spinoff from those efforts. 

Hank called me on the 14th of Jan. with the rhetorical question: how can Dick / Rob claim to have "solved the case" without using the revelations in Lafitte's records that I've shared with Dick

Hank and I both worried that Reiner and Russell — both of whom we admired professionally — might disregard certain information or even cannibalize or (unwittingly) distort details found in the Lafitte records that Hank considered to be among the most significant in recent decades.  I concurred, and continue to contend that Lafitte was privy to and directly involved with the nuts and bolts of the assassination plot for Dallas. 

The Lafitte revelations must be considered in full context, a luxury that to my knowledge, Reiner and O'Brien do not have.

After all, it was Dick who set Hank (and this writer) on the path of the JFK assassination investigation.

Date: January 14, 2019 at 11:12:16 PM EST
To: 
dick
Subject: Re: Introduction

Who is ‘Rob and company’? We have had what we have now for a little longer than three years or more, but I fail to see what that means to anything: did we cross a line that marked us fair game to you? All you had to do was merely tell me that suddenly we had become competitors of sorts and that the nature of our Skyhorse-related business had changed. We did what we could to help you in your curiosity, promoted your work every opportunity, and . . . Such is life. 

Subject: Re: Questions

Date: January 14, 2019 at 3:38:39 PM EST

To: dick

Dick, 

Things are moving pretty quickly, and as I shared with you recently, the data that has surfaced in the ledger papers is not only changing the complexion of future plans for the research, but possibly the first edition of the book due out soon.  I’m still considering how best to incorporate it, either in the book or down the line in a documentary …which prompts the following: 

If I understand correctly, the film project focused on your work had not intended to draw final conclusions about the assassination.  You will soon be privy to my conclusions, and further, you could well be privy to the ledger sheets in full were we to come to agreement.  Because of the unusual confluence of circumstances that no one could have predicted, I need to be assured that the integrity of my research is preserved until such time as we might maximize the impact, together.  Without an agreement, of course the material in "Coup" or any other information I share with you, cannot be incorporated into the project.

That being said, would not the film group behind your project be surprised to realize you had access to the final pieces of the puzzle?

Weeks (maybe months) ago I had asked  [documentary producer] to talk to you about your project, and gave him permission to pursue what seems to be an obvious window of opportunity. Would not your producers be interested in the possibility of a collaboration of some sort?    I might add that given the information in the ledger sheets, a similar argument can be made related to Peter’s ‘Mary Meyer’ project.  Apparently [documentary producer] has not pursued either.  Considering your authorship of the introduction to "Coup", it is a logical step, so I'm taking it. Not sure what it could amount to.   

-----Original Message-----

To: dickrusl <dick
Sent: Tue, Jan 15, 2019 5:18 am
Subject: Re: Introduction

Dick, I did not say that I think you are trying to rip me off. I only underscored that not everything was forthcoming in our discussions. Perhaps you overlooked certain things. I’m not a man that can’t say I can’t misinterpret things. I do sometimes. In short, if you want to do the introduction as planned that is fine. In terms of sharing supportive information I think each item deserves a discussion about use. In short, I’m willing to keep things as they were. I respect you and your book. Sincerely, Hank

Edited by Leslie Sharp

54 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

How did he die? I hope he didn't fall from a high studio window.

He did not die, he got canned.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

A trusted source  heard the first installment.

Tosh Plumlee says that he flew Howard Hunt into Dallas.

Can anyone confirm this?

It was Johnny Roselli he flew in with his mis-informed “abort team.”

I hate to say it, but many JFKA CT'ers (and LN'ers) want to believe certain narratives and thus are susceptible to expedient "facts," "documents" or witnesses.

A CT'er might have excruciatingly exact and high standards for proof regarding the involvement of LHO in the JFKA, then the bar sinks into deep into the soft dirt for the indictment of favored suspects. Vice-versa with LN'ers. 

Tosh Plumlee and Richard Case Nagell are dubious witnesses. Other "documents" do not hold up to even cursory examination. 

As much as I admire the work of Douglass, he nearly rhapsodizes and becomes evangelical about certain eyewitnesses, including one who said a large military transport landed in a dry river wash near downtown Dallas and was carrying an LHO double. If one woman saw Jack Ruby outside the TSBD during the TSBD, Douglass glorifies that witness statement. 

Relative amateurs entering the JFKA arena might be impressed by certain "facts," or might have political agendas or pecuniary interests that color their presentations. 

All to say, I doubt Rob Reiner and Soledad will come up with much, but I hope for the best. 

When it comes to the JFKA, I refer researchers who are so jaded they have given up on politics and ideologies, and just want to know  what happened. 

But a real documentary on the JFKA takes long and sustained work, working hand in hand with a DiEugenio, Newman, Tink Thompson, Morley, and being very circumspect about evidence and conclusions. 

If Hunt was actually in Dallas on 11,22,1963 he got there sooner than it took to drive there from his home in Potomac, Maryland.

Didn't his children say it was only the day of 11,22,1963 that they didn't recall his presence? 

And of course if he went to Dallas that day he would have flown. And of course via a CIA contracted private plane.

Tosh Plumlee was known to pilot such flights no?

David Ferrie too?

Knowing this fact, why dismiss Plumlee and his Red Bird airport story out-of-hand?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe:

Are you familiar with all of Plumlee's story and how long its been around?