The Education Forum

NEW 11/22/63 VIDEO of Dr. Malcolm Perry!

4 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Human error by Vince. Sisco is doing this interview and he arrived in Dallas on Sunday. Perry was part of the team trying to save Oswald on Sunday. 

I re-watched the video to copy down some quotes, and came away believing this interview was conducted on the 22nd. 

Why?

There is no mention of Oswald's killing. As hard as it may be to believe NOW, on 11-24, Oswald's murder on 11-24 was bigger news than JFK's murder two days before.

So why would a newsman interviewing a doctor at the hospital where Oswald was just pronounced dead, ask him questions about Kennedy--which was by then old news--and nothing about Oswald? 

The only answer is that Oswald was not dead...yet.

Now the possibility exists that this interview was conducted bright and early Sunday morning...before Oswald was shot. Do we know when Cisco arrived in Dallas, Denis? 

Edited by Pat Speer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Thanks! I will update the video title

Hold on a minute Vince.  When I watched this the 1st time I thought, this had to be on Friday evening the 22nd, before they really got to Perry.  Didn't someone come up after the press conference that afternoon, shortly after JFK had passed and tell him not to mention the throat wound as one of entrance (as he had done 3x)?  

If we actually read C.E. 2051 which Denis provided it clearly states the UPI team, including Sisco arrived on the evening of 11/22/63.  It is the December 1st FBI interview of Oliver Oakes, UPI sound engineer. He was in and out of the DPD HQ that evening.  It ends with the only thing Oakes filmed that weekend was of Nellie Connally's press conference on John's status, done at the same time Oswald was shot.

I think this gives pause for consideration that Sisco could have possibly done the Perry interview the evening of 1/22/63.

"He is employed by United Press International (UPI), Hews Films as a sound engineer . lie, PAUL SISCO and ISADORE BLECKMAN, as a UPI team, went to Dallas Friday, November 22, 1963, via plane, arriving Dallas in the evening of that day . On November 22 and 23, 1963, he entered and left the Dallas police department building several times and on occasion had his press pass inspected by uniformed policemen but added, "they got to know us ." Initials "UPI" are on all news gear carried by OAKES and he sometimes entered the building without showing press card with police officers assuming he was a new . . ."

"The only films shot by OAKES were of Mrs . CONNALLY and this was given to SISCO which he forwarded to New York."

Warren Commission, Volume XIV: CE 2051 - FBI report dated December 2, 1963, of interview of Oliver Oakes, at Morton Grove, Ill. (CD 85, pp. 463-464). (history-matters.com)

2 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Hold on a minute Vince.  When I watched this the 1st time I thought, this had to be on Friday evening the 22nd, before they really got to Perry.  Didn't someone come up after the press conference that afternoon, shortly after JFK had passed and tell him not to mention the throat wound as one of entrance (as he had done 3x)?  

If we actually read C.E. 2051 which Denis provided it clearly states the UPI team, including Sisco arrived on the evening of 11/22/63.  It is the December 1st FBI interview of Oliver Oakes, UPI sound engineer. He was in and out of the DPD HQ that evening.  It ends with the only thing Oakes filmed that weekend was of Nellie Connally's press conference on John's status, done at the same time Oswald was shot.

I think this gives pause for consideration that Sisco could have possibly done the Perry interview the evening of 1/22/63.

"He is employed by United Press International (UPI), Hews Films as a sound engineer . lie, PAUL SISCO and ISADORE BLECKMAN, as a UPI team, went to Dallas Friday, November 22, 1963, via plane, arriving Dallas in the evening of that day . On November 22 and 23, 1963, he entered and left the Dallas police department building several times and on occasion had his press pass inspected by uniformed policemen but added, "they got to know us ." Initials "UPI" are on all news gear carried by OAKES and he sometimes entered the building without showing press card with police officers assuming he was a new . . ."

"The only films shot by OAKES were of Mrs . CONNALLY and this was given to SISCO which he forwarded to New York."

Warren Commission, Volume XIV: CE 2051 - FBI report dated December 2, 1963, of interview of Oliver Oakes, at Morton Grove, Ill. (CD 85, pp. 463-464). (history-matters.com)

Yes, i put the title back to 11/22 after seeing Pat's post. It DOES seem to be 11/22. Tellingly, even Alex Harris has the title of the video as 11/22/63.

Interesting that Perry reports in this 11/22/63 evening interview that he did his tracheotomy surgery after Carrico had done the "endotracheal tracheostomy" that Perry had described in the 2:15 pm 11/22/63 press conference (he didn't mention his own tracheotomy work in the earlier press conference). Through Carrico's placement of the endotracheal tracheotomy tube (ineptly), Perry seems to have been led to believe that JFK was still alive, and he removed the improperly placed tube and did a throat incision to permit the direct insertion of a tracheotomy tube into JFK's trachea at the level of (or below) the throat wound (the reported site of his surgery moved over time).  The other doctors who assisted in the tracheotomy surgery with Perry (Barker and McClelland, if memory serves) also neglected to describe that activity in their summary reports written in the afternoon at Parkland and also talked only about the Carrico-initiated placement of an endotracheal tracheotomy tube through JFK's mouth (which leaked because the cuff needed to seal the tracheal passageway was inflated above the level of the throat wound).  If the accounts of JFK's appearance upon arrival at Parkland are accurate, he was cyanotic ("blue") upon arrival at Parkland, indicating a loss of oxygenated circulating blood for at least a few minutes with fixed & dilated pupils, eyes deviated from center, and no apparent heartbeat, so the reports of "agonal" breathing are dubious at best.  He was DOA; by the time he reached Parkland, his brain was so damaged that it was not capable of generating the impulses necessary to produce the muscular contractions necessary for breathing to take place.  Kemp Clark, the neurosurgeon who pronounced JFK dead, eventually admitted that JFK died "instantly" in DP, but that was after the news cameras had been pointed elsewhere for some time. 

Steven, thank you for your deep and thoughtful post. 

I too believe JFK died instantly, thankfully, from the head shot(s) in Dealy Plaza.  He did not suffer, from them.  I take heart from this, and reportedly the last words he ever heard, from Nellie Connally were Mr. President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you.  To which he replied yes this is true, after the ride down Main street and the turn onto Houston.

I also wonder if maybe he did suffer, or maybe just confusion or shock, for a very few seconds after the throat shot, before the head shot.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:31 PM, Denise Hazelwood said:

Jerrol Custer’s testimony to the ARRB described metallic fragments in the C3/C4 region of the neck (in a now missing neck X-ray), making it more likely to the throat wound was the exit from a small bullet fragment rather than an entrance for an intact bullet. 

@Denise Hazelwood   Don't know about the answer to those tiny metallic fragments. But the clincher for me as to it being an entry wound has always been Dr Perry telling Weisberg in 1966 (in the book Post Mortem)  that the throat wound had "a ring of bruising, as they always do". I've put that in quotes, but I'm going from memory as I don't have the book available at the moment. 

22 hours ago, Steven Kossor said:

If the accounts of JFK's appearance upon arrival at Parkland are accurate, he was cyanotic ("blue") upon arrival at Parkland, indicating a loss of oxygenated circulating blood for at least a few minutes with fixed & dilated pupils, eyes deviated from center, and no apparent heartbeat, so the reports of "agonal" breathing are dubious at best.  He was DOA; by the time he reached Parkland, his brain was so damaged that it was not capable of generating the impulses necessary to produce the muscular contractions necessary for breathing to take place. 

Steven,

Agonal breathing is a brainstem reflex associated with hypoxia and impending death, which could have persisted even following the catastrophic cortical and cerebellar damage to JFK's brain.

So, I suspect that Dr. Perry's observations in this interview are quite precise.

Of course, the most salient comments are his description of the wounds-- which were inconsistent with the WCR Lone-Nut-in-the-TSBD narrative.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Thanks for the clarification about agonal "breathing" being more of a reflex originating in the brainstem.  That would mean that the oxygen exchange in the lungs that we associate with respiration wouldn't be occurring, right?

I don't have to remind  anyone about what this says about what happened to Perry do I?

Boy between this and that press conference, he had really done so much damage to what was going to be the official story that he had to be worked on and twisted.

Let us not forget what Allen Dulles said about this during his Commission testimony.  If anything shows you how compromised Perry was, that does.

9 minutes ago, Steven Kossor said:

Thanks for the clarification about agonal "breathing" being more of a reflex originating in the brainstem.  That would mean that the oxygen exchange in the lungs that we associate with respiration wouldn't be occurring, right?

Oxygen exchange would still occur at a greatly reduced rate, with concurrent hypoxia and impending death.

Thanks again for the clarification.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I don't have to remind  anyone about what this says about what happened to Perry do I?

Boy between this and that press conference, he had really done so much damage to what was going to be the official story that he had to be worked on and twisted.

Let us not forget what Allen Dulles said about this during his Commission testimony.  If anything shows you how compromised Perry was, that does.

Jim, this still floors me.  The afternoon press conference, this, Jim Gochenauer > Elmer Moore, the surgeon friend in Washington State, for years Perry refused to comment, then, it was an entry wound, no question.  Four strikes and they're out for the Warren Omission.  

Where has this been the last Sixty One years as W said?  Did anyone ever see it on 11/22/63?  Was it immediately squelched and confiscated?

Why is Sisco of UPI doing this interview, apparently for ABC, if Oakes only did Nellie Connally on Sunday that weekend?

Who owned ABC in 1963?