The Education Forum

Is anyone aware of this book? I was not.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by someone who doesn't want to be named..

..that David Lifton's estate was sued by his research assistant and that David's book was coming out.. but, it was in the process of litigation. I was asked at the time not to talk about it because the person who told me didn't want to offend the person they got the info from. So I heard it through the grape vine ; )

My guess, is that this is the settlement result of the litigation and the book is being released as a joint effort. 

I always understood Lifton to be tight with any new research he had in that he was not eager to share. I think he threatened Pat Speer on one occasion not to share info he had just given him.

Makes me wonder how much info the author of this new book had got out of Lifton.

1 hour ago, Gerry Down said:

I always understood Lifton to be tight with any new research he had in that he was not eager to share. I think he threatened Pat Speer on one occasion not to share info he had just given him.

Makes me wonder how much info the author of this new book had got out of Lifton.

To be clear... After Lifton died I let on to some researchers that Lifton had told me some bizarre stuff and had threatened to kill me if I revealed his bombshells before his book came out. They laughed and said "Oh, you mean..." and repeated the bizarre stuff. It turned out he was telling a lot of people the same stuff he told me. So it wouldn't surprise me if this bizarre stuff is included in this book.

Now, if so, I think that's sad. Lifton's legacy would be better served, IMO, if some of his final musings were not widely disseminated. 

Now, that said, the book could be released as a cautionary tale--a "see...this is what happens when you decide the evidence is fake and live by yourself for decades..." 

But I fear we're supposed to take it seriously...and that some of the same people who currently attack reasonable people for not taking the words of the Parkland witnesses as gospel---will pull a 180 like Lifton and start attacking reasonable people for not believing some of the Parkland witnesses were in on the plot. 

Edited by Pat Speer

2 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Trine Day .. rarely a good sign.

I realize Trine Day has brought us Judyth Baker and some might add St. John Hunt.  However, I believe they have published more good than bad on the JFK assassination.  E.G.:

The classic Survivors Guilt by Vince Palamara, along with Honest Answers that I have, and I believe a few more I don't. 

From an Office Building by Don Adams.

In the Eye of History by William Law.

At the Cold Shoulder of History by James Jenkins.

A Secret Order and A Terrible Mistake by Hank Albarelli. 

Mr. Hoffman befriended David toward the end of David's life and assisted him in setting up a gofundme account and offered opportunities for David to talk in on-line chats that he publicized about David's evolving ideas about "what was supposed to have happened in Dallas, but didn't."  Mr. Hoffman's students created a documentary about David's research activities that has not been released beyond a small audience.  Mr. Hoffman was one of several people David turned to for support in the last few years of his life.  To the best of my knowledge, he did not sue David or his estate and David passed away thinking that Mr. Hoffman was his friend.

I was. I have not abandoned The Case for an Altered Throat Wound, it has only ballooned to 700 pages and I will be retitling it Coersion of Parkland Witnesses - with the sum total of all human knowledge on the possibility of funny business at Parkland. To think it was only a year ago that I told David my manuscript was 250 pages, and he said "I do not know exactly how you made the case for an altered throat wound into 250 pages, but I guess you will tell me".

700 pages (single spaced office program pages) might seem like thoroughness would turn into unreadability, but I'm trying to allow the reader to tell which parts they can skim through if they so choose.

The reason I desperately want to see Lifton's work is, beyond some of the wild assertions he has made and did make the last few years, researchers I respect quite a bit who were "in the know" said the information he had on Oswald and Oswald's associations was possibly game changing. Apparently he even found very important nuggets within the original WC material, which is hard to imagine this late in the game. I hope we get to see it soon.

28 minutes ago, Stu Wexler said:

The reason I desperately want to see Lifton's work is, beyond some of the wild assertions he has made and did make the last few years, researchers I respect quite a bit who were "in the know" said the information he had on Oswald and Oswald's associations was possibly game changing. Apparently he even found very important nuggets within the original WC material, which is hard to imagine this late in the game. I hope we get to see it soon.

Steve Kosser, an Education Forum poster, was a key David Lifton contact. Try and contact him and see what is going on. Kosser might know what Lifton's family is doing with Lifton's material.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Trine Day .. rarely a good sign.

Can you do better than this? I find many, many books at Trine Day to be interesting and informative: for example Barry and the Boys by Daniel Hopsicker and Nick Bryant's The Franklin Scandal which should have gotten a Pulitzer Prize as should have Hopsicker's book.

And if you do not think Trine Day is good, perhaps flesh out a decent post explaining why Trine Day is such an awful publisher?

Anything is better than a hit and run cheap comment.

Edited by Robert Morrow

2 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

Can you do better than this? I find many, many books at Trine Day to be interesting and informative: for example Barry and the Boys by Daniel Hopsicker and Nick Bryant's The Franklin Scandal which should have gotten a Pulitzer Prize as should have Hopsicker's book.

And if you do not think Trine Day is good, perhaps flesh out a decent post explaining why Trine Day is such an awful publisher?

Anything is better than a hit and run cheap comment.

At the risk of stepping on Jonathan's toes, I think a lot of people gave up on Trine Day when they got in the Judyth-pushing  business, and not only put out her book but funded her attempt to place herself at the center of the research community. 

P.S. I met Judyth once and she was quite nice, but a lot of the veteran researchers, including Lifton, wanted nothing to do with her. 

5 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

At the risk of stepping on Jonathan's toes, I think a lot of people gave up on Trine Day when they got in the Judyth-pushing  business, and not only put out her book but funded her attempt to place herself at the center of the research community. 

P.S. I met Judyth once and she was quite nice, but a lot of the veteran researchers, including Lifton, wanted nothing to do with her. 

Pat, you're absolutely correct in your assessment about Trine Day. I don't like to throw the baby out with the bath water, and I respect the work of forum member Vince Palamara, but I cannot give them a free pass for introducing Judyth Baker to the world.

9 hours ago, Stu Wexler said:

Stu - this is interesting. I had more than one phone conversation with Lifton in the 1990s during which I, in a more "all the evidence was altered" frame of mind, made a comment to the effect of, "well, everything people need to know about the truth of the case is in the 26 volumes." Lifton seemed to acknowledge the point, but worried that regular folks would forever get lost in the minutiae. I sometimes wonder if that's why he clung to his theories so tightly -- because they were so sensational that people couldn't help but take notice, even if that notice eventually turned to ridicule.