The Education Forum

Apparent assassination attempt on Trump

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tom Gram said:

Well… if true that answers my question. Wow indeed. 

I hope a recording of SS/police radio traffic will come out, but I wouldn’t bet on it. 

Watching the amateur video, it does seem like there is a heck of a delay before the counter sniper finally fires.

Always be wary of fakery.

This seems like an incredible possible AI setup. A sign of things to come!

Why would he say this?

But if true, I think this is the most definitive yet. He was probably brought up a Republican.

But  I agree, Newt Gingrich? (My God!,) and Ben Shapiro are sacks of excrement!

6 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

I think we can safely assume Crooks was no Trump fan, but the truth is, we don’t know s**t about this kid’s motive or political leanings yet.

Since he wore a super-patriotic t-shirt for his high school yearbook photo and wore gear from a right-wing gun website to the shooting, it's safe to say he doesn't fit the profile of a left-winger. 

What do we actually know? He registered as a Republican at 18, but donated to the Progressive Turnout Project. That tells us precisely nothing about Crooks’ actual beliefs, and even less about his motive. 

I also just read in the NYT that his mother was a Democrat, and his father a Libertarian. 

Other than that, what do we have? Crooks’ choice of T-shirts? 

Exactly.  The t-shirt he wore for his high school year book and the t-shirt he wore for the shooting are as clear a statement as any manifesto.

He donated $15 on the day of Biden's inauguration, consistent with a super-patriot.

All I’m trying to say is let’s wait until we have some actual evidence and background on this kid before jumping to conclusions.

We have that, whether you choose to acknowledged it or not.

7 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Since the perp was a Right-winger he was responding to Trump's rhetoric.

Maybe so. But not because Trump says it, but rather because the right-wing says it. I mean, he obviously isn't a Trump supporter.

To me he sure seems like a Trump hating, guns rights conservative.

1 minute ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Maybe so. But not because Trump says it, but rather because the right-wing says it. I mean, he obviously isn't a Trump supporter.

Me too!  Was Lynn Cheney swayed by leftist rhetoric to oppose Trump?  No she was swayed by Trumps words and actions.

Shots were coming from behind the bleachers ... if true, this is no lone gunman story anymore ... 

The Vigilant Fox 

@VigilantFox

Subscribe

Man Shot in Head, Killed Instantly at Trump Rally Joseph, who was just yards away from the incident, describes what happened: “I heard several gunshots. The man beside me suffered a gunshot wound to the head, was instantly killed, fell to the bottom of the bleachers. Another woman looked like she got hit in the forearm or hand. And then at that point in time, it was rather chaotic at that point, because everyone, half the people were looking because they thought it was fireworks. “I knew it was gunshots right away, my friend, you know, hit the deck. I was kind of looking around, just trying to see where the shots were coming from. It seemed to me like the shots were coming from behind the bleachers. It seemed to me the man got hit in the head from behind. He was killed instantly, as far as I could tell.”

Edited by Karl Kinaski

Maybe he was the intended target? Like Connally?

11 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Me too!  Was Lynn Cheney swayed by leftist rhetoric to oppose Trump?  No she was swayed by Trumps words and actions.

Oh, I see your point now. Crooks was responding negatively to Trump's rhetoric.

Yes, of course.

Answer: absolutely. Different names, same corrupt government, same deep state inciting hatred against one man. The tactics may be different, but it's the same motive: make sure he doesn't get a second term.

trump-took-a-bullet.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

Answer: absolutely. Different names, same corrupt government, same deep state inciting hatred against one man. The tactics may be different, but it's the same motive: make sure he doesn't get a second term.

Same infantile inability to take responsibility for their obsession with political violence.

22 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

trump-took-a-bullet.jpg

Gill, Donald Trump is in no way shape or form comparable to Jack Kennedy. 

A couple of points.

We don't know the young man's motivation.

We don't even know if this is real.

It's kind of surreal reading these posts. It's like we've learned nothing from studying the Kennedy assassination. I would hope that the circumstances of all this would force some to pause and not follow the bouncing ball. Maybe just maybe things are not what they seem. (I hope I'm not the only to have seen Shooter, or the Parallax View, or...) 

As far as the Secret Service not shooting a guy for having a gun on a roof... That is not incompetence. That is by design. The Republican Party, backed by the NRA (which is in part funded by Russia Russia Russia), has been trying to normalize carrying weapons in public for decades. In many states there are no laws preventing one from doing so. In all states one must brandish a weapon in a threatening manner before a police officer (or SS agent) can fire upon you. So maybe the laws will change as a result of this--where the SS or police can shoot someone who is not committing a crime if they think he may commit one. But as it stands right now, the SS was following protocol in holding off shooting a 20 year old in the head. I mean, can you imagine... "Joe Biden's SS  shoots young Trump supporter in the head at a rally for flaunting his second amendment rights!!!...Deep State kills boy!!!..."

IF this young man was indeed there to kill Trump, but killed before even getting off a shot...Trump and his supporters would have made a martyr of HIM, instead of Trump...and this poor firefighter. 

P.S. Is there any explanation as to how the firefighter was shot? Was he near the stage and killed by a stray sniper's bullet? Or did the sniper continue firing after coming under fire and fire a few shots into the crowd? I am asking because if it turns out the bullet striking him came from a different rifle than the one found on the kid...well...

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

What?

What an oxymoron.

I don't think there is such a contradictory mind set person.

Just now, Johnny Cairns said:

Gill, Donald Trump is in no way shape or form comparable to Jack Kennedy. 

Indeed.

JFK was a bona fide war hero, and a brilliant, humanitarian statesman.

In contrast, Donald Bone Spurs bragged that dealing with Sexually-Transmitted-Diseases was his "own personal Vietnam."  And he was described by a former professor at the University of Pennsylvania as, "the single worst student I ever taught at Penn."

Also, I'm surprised that Gil doesn't seem to realize that John Wilkes Booth and the Dixiecrats became the 21st century Trumplicons-- after fleeing to the GOP following the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964.

That's American History 101 stuff.

Meanwhile, our friend from Innsbruck has been "enlightening" us today with a steady stream of bizarre disinformation tropes by such right-wing luminaries as Lara Loomer, Ben Shapiro, Newt Gingrich, and Victor David Hanson!

Lucky us.