The Education Forum

Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election

45 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Fascinating stuff.

How do you go about verifying the "facts" you've come upon in these (apparently title-less) books?

Do you use a reputable fact-checking website, an encyclopedia, etc, or do you just go with your own built-in "BS Meter" and / or cross-reference said "facts" with other books with which you already agree?

--  Tommy  :sun

I use academic methodology of peer review while treating the subject of research as if it was a 'cold crime' - hence my reference to 'forensic research of cultural origins'. In this way I avoid preconceived ideas and go where the evidence takes me. My approach is to find documentation that could stand a court room challenge by being able to prove something 'beyond reasonable doubt.' I do not use 'fact-checking websites' and I certainly avoid Wikipedia encyclopedic information as if it was the plague. I have no 'BS Meter' - I have an open mind, and not a pre-conceived opinion which I am trying to find material to support. Where necessary I do use the framework of a hypothesis which can be tested.

Edited by Mervyn Hagger
missing 'if' added

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

I use academic methodology of peer review while treating the subject of research as if it was a 'cold crime' - hence my reference to 'forensic research of cultural origins'. In this way I avoid preconceived ideas and go where the evidence takes me. My approach is to find documentation that could stand a court room challenge by being able to prove something 'beyond reasonable doubt.' I do not use 'fact-checking websites' and I certainly avoid Wikipedia encyclopedic information as if it was the plague. I have no 'BS Meter' - I have an open mind, and not a pre-conceived opinion which I am trying to find material to support. Where necessary I do use the framework of a hypothesis which can be tested.

What books or journals, pray tell, have strongly influenced you in a positive-kind-of-way in reaching your conclusions regarding the things you've been talking about on this thread?

You aren't afraid to mention a few, are you?

Edited by Thomas Graves

11 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

What books or journals, pray tell, have strongly influenced you in a positive-kind-of-way in reaching your conclusions regarding the things you've been talking about on this thread?

You aren't afraid to mention a few, are you?

The book that began my interest in matters relating to the past is a Yearbook for 1968 by Encyclopedia Britannica.

It has a five page article under the byline of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Hugo L. Black, although I later discovered that the article was written by his wife and influenced originally by his daughter who was introduced to John Lilburne at college.

It was a most casual discovery since the book was on a shelf behind me in a studio, and I was facing the recording panel for making radio programs. My interest was in the lack of broadcasting freedom in the UK during 1984, and I became curious how the U.S. airwaves had been allowed to develop. I began writing as a freelancer for British regional papers back in 1966, and my first published article was a big feature about British offshore ('pirate') radio broadcasting which was at the time covering all of the British Isles with sponsored commercial radio from ships and disused WWII platforms scattered around the coastline in what were thought to be international waters.

I had spent the first half of my life in the UK, and then I spent more time than that in the USA, mainly in Texas.

The article sent me scurrying off to study the life of Jefferson at the Library of UTA, because Jefferson's life seemed to mirror Lilburne, and having grown up with English and some British history (Scotland and Ireland in those days were treated as if they didn't exist), and after a lot more book reading authored by people like Dumas Malone, I became convinced that somehow or other, Jefferson was related to Lilburne, because there was no hint of that in the Jefferson biographies.

So I called the Genealogy Department of the Fort Worth Public Library and asked if anyone else had asked that question. A short time later I received a call back for me to come in to their Reference Section. They had an article written decades earlier that had appeared in the Virginia Quarterly.

Once I read that article I set out to visit Jefferson's home in Monticello, Virginia. I discovered that it had fallen into disrepair and what was now available to view was a Disney-like recreation.

By this time I was involved with a group who were protesting the nonsense aided by Ross Perot who was supporting a Bicentennial travelling exhibition sponsored by American Express which was promoting the idea that the 1215 Magna Carta had led to the U.S. Constitution. So I then poked my head up at the Library of the University of Virginia where Dumas Malone had got his material from, and I voiced my disagreement with the American Express / Ross Perot propaganda. That got me a big feature in the Charlottesville newspaper and time on the NBC-TV local affiliate.

It all began from there - just like a pebble being thrown into a pond where the ripples radiate interconnected in all directions.

I have a web site where this story is documented in an academic article published some years ago. http://foundthreads.com/02.html

2 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

The book that began my interest in matters relating to the past is a Yearbook for 1968 by Encyclopedia Britannica.

It has a five page article under the byline of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Hugo L. Black, although I later discovered that the article was written by his wife and influenced originally by his daughter who was introduced to John Lilburne at college.

It was a most casual discovery since the book was on a shelf behind me in a studio, and I was facing the recording panel for making radio programs. My interest was in the lack of broadcasting freedom in the UK during 1984, and I became curious how the U.S. airwaves had been allowed to develop. I began writing as a freelancer for British regional papers back in 1966, and my first published article was a big feature about British offshore ('pirate') radio broadcasting which was at the time covering all of the British Isles with sponsored commercial radio from ships and disused WWII platforms scattered around the coastline in what were thought to be international waters.

I had spent the first half of my life in the UK, and then I spent more time than that in the USA, mainly in Texas.

The article sent me scurrying off to study the life of Jefferson at the Library of UTA, because Jefferson's life seemed to mirror Lilburne, and having grown up with English and some British history (Scotland and Ireland in those days were treated as if they didn't exist), and after a lot more book reading authored by people like Dumas Malone, I became convinced that somehow or other, Jefferson was related to Lilburne, because there was no hint of that in the Jefferson biographies.

So I called the Genealogy Department of the Fort Worth Public Library and asked if anyone else had asked that question. A short time later I received a call back for me to come in to their Reference Section. They had an article written decades earlier that had appeared in the Virginia Quarterly.

Once I read that article I set out to visit Jefferson's home in Monticello, Virginia. I discovered that it had fallen into disrepair and what was now available to view was a Disney-like recreation.

By this time I was involved with a group who were protesting the nonsense aided by Ross Perot who was supporting a Bicentennial travelling exhibition sponsored by American Express which was promoting the idea that the 1215 Magna Carta had led to the U.S. Constitution. So I then poked my head up at the Library of the University of Virginia where Dumas Malone had got his material from, and I voiced my disagreement with the American Express / Ross Perot propaganda. That got me a big feature in the Charlottesville newspaper and time on the NBC-TV local affiliate.

It all began from there - just like a pebble being thrown into a pond where the ripples radiate interconnected in all directions.

I have a web site where this story is documented in an academic article published some years ago. http://foundthreads.com/02.html

Okay.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

The White House says that the arrest of Roger Stone today on seven criminal counts has nothing to do with Trump and with Russia. However, this is the first indictment of Stone. There will be most likely a subsequent one of him (and others) linking him and (others) to Trump and Russia. The first shoe has dropped. Wait for the second one to drop in the not too distant future. 

At least one legal expert believes that this first indictment does indirectly link Trump:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/stone-indictment-appears-point-finger-trumps-direct-involvement-wikileaks-dumps-cnns-toobin/

Edited by Douglas Caddy

I watched Trump's press appearance yesterday where he discussed the Wall and nothing else.

I sensed he has made this topic his number one diversionary hideaway from being asked any questions regards his massive legal problems.

I have never seen Trump look so unsure, nervous and missing of cockiness.

I thought I saw sweat on his upper lip. His eyes seemed bloodshot and his worried eye wrinkles have become much more pronounced in the last few weeks.

I believe you have assessed the Mueller investigation direction in regards to Stone and Trumps connections to him and others correctly Doug.

Could the protective shell ( wall? ) of silence and denial be seriously cracking?

28 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

I watched Trump's press appearance yesterday where he discussed the Wall and nothing else.

I sensed he has made this topic his number one diversionary hideaway from being asked any questions regards his massive legal problems.

I thought I saw sweat on his upper lip. His eyes seemed bloodshot and his worried eye wrinkles have become much more pronounced in the last few weeks.

I believe you have assessed the Mueller investigation direction in regards to Stone and Trumps connections to him and others correctly Doug.

Could the protective shell ( wall? ) of silence and denial be seriously cracking?

It just cracked wide open.

I’m worried that Venezuela is the next distraction. Wonder if he is already pushing for a military operation and getting resistance from the Pentagon. 

In light of today's news...  I know I posted it on another thread a few months ago but for anyone new to the forum or that missed it:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=7D2D621766514C4ED12EEDE8B408102D260E455D&thid=OIP._wLvUDzVENop_IDNLRo2lQHaFj&exph=600&expw=800&q=roger+stone+nixon+tattoo&selectedindex=9&qpvt=roger+stone+nixon+tattoo&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6

I wonder if maybe he'll quote Nixon?  "I am not a crook".

Somewhere I've seen a picture of Stone showing off the painting of Nixon that hangs over his bed.

49 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

In light of today's news...  I know I posted it on another thread a few months ago but for anyone new to the forum or that missed it:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=7D2D621766514C4ED12EEDE8B408102D260E455D&thid=OIP._wLvUDzVENop_IDNLRo2lQHaFj&exph=600&expw=800&q=roger+stone+nixon+tattoo&selectedindex=9&qpvt=roger+stone+nixon+tattoo&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6

I wonder if maybe he'll quote Nixon?  "I am not a crook".

Somewhere I've seen a picture of Stone showing off the painting of Nixon that hangs over his bed.

I wonder how the other convicts in prison will react in the communal shower when they see a picture of Nixon on Roger Stone's back.

Doug said:

I wonder how the other convicts in prison will react in the communal shower when they see a picture of Nixon on Roger Stone's back.

I'm sure it will be worse than a golden shower. They might drape a towel on his back so they don't get distracted.- - - - - -Just a suggestion, - - - - love this man talk.

Ok, I obviously I've never liked the guy. But that's also because only a few years ago he was the MSM 's most high profile JFK conspiracy advocate, and he was total charlatan.

He's been saying for months that he expected to be indicted. And they completely raided his house. He'd be pretty foolish to still keep anything incriminating there after all this time.

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Interesting. I was driving and listening to it. It sounded like he was making stuff up, just riffing, even more over-the-top than usual.

It got to the point of being uncomfortable. Did it look like that?

Edited by Andrew Prutsok

In 1974 my Civics' teacher said pay attention, History is happening.  It is today.  Trump's own party is abandoning him.  His base, I.E. Ann Coulter and others say he caved in.  I seriously wonder if he might resign, or, pending developments actually be impeached.  Almost unthinkable until today.

25 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

In 1974 my Civics' teacher said pay attention, History is happening.  It is today.  Trump's own party is abandoning him.  His base, I.E. Ann Coulter and others say he caved in.  I seriously wonder if he might resign, or, pending developments actually be impeached.  Almost unthinkable until today.

From my 1977 copy acquired many years later.

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Days-Bob-Woodward/dp/0743274067/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1548477886&sr=1-1&keywords=the+final+days

Acknowledgements:  "The Washington Post gave us leave of absence, twice extended, to write this book.  Our special thanks to Katherine Graham and Ben Bradlee…"  I.E. Operation Mockingbird.

I really don't fully comprehend this.

I mean to send a SWAT team to arrest a guy who is a 66 year old writer?

And they already had his email communications.

The only way I see this being relevant to what Mueller is supposed to be after is that he will contend that Assange got the e mail communications from the Russians and then Bannon wanted Stone to get them from Assange.  Is that it?

Edited by James DiEugenio