The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Oh, Jesus Christ!  The new Biden gaffe's like an April Fool's joke.  Don't ever say Trump's had no influence on geriatric politicians:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/joe-biden-says-black-people-who-cant-choose-between-him-and-trump-aint-black.html

Biden: “If You Have a Problem Figuring Out Whether You’re for Me or Trump, Then You Ain’t Black”

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, David Andrews said:

This has been on the agenda. a long time.  Goes way back  to Clinton and Gingrich who were talking about it the day the Lewinsky story broke.

Just recall, there was no deficit when Clinton left.  All of this massive deficit spending has been largely accumulated by GOP tax giveaways, the GOP war in Iraq, the GOP crash of 2007. and now Trump's denial for two months of CV 19.

If we could exterminate the GOP and bring in the Greens, this would be a pretty good country.  Rolling in dough.  Health care for all, cops in every school, mass transit and green economy, huge grants for college, more and better teachers, tougher EPA, toucher SEC.

Just what Grover Norquist does not want to happen.  And just what those who plotted against Roosevelt tried to stop.

36 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Damn Plotters!

Always Plotting.

Yacht_Gibson.thumb.jpg.525703b1904cfe61436df842fbe55ee8.jpg

Interesting factoid, Eugene's daughter Ethel hung herself in May 1965, about 5 months after Mary Pinchot was found dead.

Mary's uncle Gifford, the former Governor of Pennsylvania, was a neighbor and fellow yachtsmen of the trophy winners above.

She was two years younger than Ethel. I'm guessing Mary and Ethel shared a few cucumber sandwiches over the years. 

Is the guy on the left any relation to the guy who let Trump off the hook for criminal conspiracy and obstruction of justice?

Federal judge hires high-powered D.C. attorney to defend his actions in Flynn case

Washington Post

May 23, 2020

The federal judge who refused a Justice Department request to immediately drop the prosecution of former Trump adviser Michael Flynn has hired a high-profile trial lawyer to argue his reasons for investigating whether dismissing the case is legally or ethically appropriate.

In a rare step that adds to this criminal case’s already unusual path, U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan has retained Beth Wilkinson to represent him in defending his decision to a federal appeals court in Washington, according to a person familiar with the hire who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter. The U.S. District Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit is now examining the judge’s actions and the larger case against Flynn after lawyers for President Trump’s former national security adviser asked the court to force Sullivan to toss Flynn’s guilty plea.

Wilkinson, known for her top-notch legal skills and get-results style, is expected to file a notice with the court in the coming week about representing the judge. She declined to comment when reached Friday evening. Sullivan also declined to comment through his office

12 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

As a matter of fact Cliff, that would be the grandfather of the guy who "let Trump off the hook" as you put it.

So Cliff, you have two Coups, separated by 85 years, and two coup plotters, with the same exact name, Robert S. Mueller Sr. and Robert S. Mueller 3rd.

You are probably saying to yourself, but what about Robert S. Mueller Jr., "were there any interim Coups, over those 85 years, that he may have been a plotter in?"

I bet you find out sooner, rather than later.

RM3 helped cover up the Trump/Putin Coup of 2016. No investigation of Trump finances, gave Don Jr a pass for being too dumb to know he was committing a crime, let Trump’s lawyers answer all their questions, let Bill Barr totally misrepresent the Report.

Coup Coverup ‘19.

13 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

'An Incalculable Loss': NY Times Sunday Front Page Features 1,000 Coronavirus-Related Obits

Do you think Trump's demand (which of course has been met) that churches be reopened will lead to a surge in obits?

I tuned in this morning to the Jimmy Swaggart network (which I watch sometimes for the music) to see how they would handle their reopened Sunday morning service. It's a typical large congregation, with no masks, no social distancing. One of the first things Donnie Swaggart told the worshipers when he took to the pulpit was, "Turn around and greet someone around you. You're not supposed to shake hands, but I won't tell."

Nah, I don't see any problem here at all.

17 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Thanks Doug, useful information your posting.

While your posting coronavirus articles fact checked by "Facebook" as "safe", did you ever hear of Hjalmar Schacht living in Houston during the '30s?

No, I know nothing about his living in Houston in the 30's. I was born in 1938.

7 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Let's say you are correct, "that RM3 helped cover up the Trump/Putin Coup of 2016."

Why do that though?

Trump intimidated the Justice Dept. A Nixon wet dream. A limited (no financial investigation) modified (Bill Barr’s unchallenged lies) hangout.