The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Pretty good read here from Sarah Kendzior in the Globe and Mail.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/opinion/article-the-election-shows-america-is-a-broken-country/?utm_medium=Referrer%3A Social Network %2F Media&utm_campaign=Shared Web Article Links&__twitter_impression=true

There's nothing here to refute:

"But Donald Trump was always an aspiring autocrat: one who spelled out his brutal policies during his campaign and put them into practice in office. He followed the dictator’s playbook: packing courts, purging agencies, profiting off the presidency, installing his family members into power, demonizing minorities and dismantling the institutions that could hold him accountable...the first president to say his political opponent (Joe Biden), his opponent’s family (Hunter Biden), his predecessor (Barack Obama) and his former opponent (Hillary Clinton) should all be jailed. He is the first president to be named as “Individual-1” in a federal criminal probe. He is the first president whose former campaign managers were all arrested for different crimes. He is the first president to be impeached for soliciting aid from a foreign state (Ukraine), the first to win an election with help from illicit foreign aid (in 2016 from Russia), and the first to pressure foreign leaders for dirt on the rival he baselessly thought should be imprisoned."

Edited by Andrew Prutsok

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

From THE WEEK publication today:

Former Vice President Joe Biden has now received more votes for president than any other candidate in U.S. election history, officially surpassing former President Barack Obama's 2008 popular vote numbers on Wednesday afternoon. Biden had 69,949,918 votes as of 2:30 p.m. ET with several states still tallying results, while Obama notched 69,498,516 total.

Dump the Electoral College.  

It defies the one man one vote doctrine.

It is an anachronism of that 240 year  old document that was signed off on by so many slaveholders its kind of sick.

And The Federalist Society says this is "originalism".

23 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Dump the Electoral College.  

It defies the one man one vote doctrine.

It is an anachronism of that 240 year  old document that was signed off on by so many slaveholders its kind of sick.

And The Federalist Society says this is "originalism".

Amen to that.

It looks like Colorado's Proposition 113-- a National Popular Vote mandate-- will pass today by a narrow margin.

The Electoral College was installed as a check against the use of demagoguery and a bullying "mobocracy" to sway the popular vote.  We have lived beyond the time when the EC is an effective barrier against these.  The EC is also saddled with the prospect that a state elector can vote against the party he/she is pledged to support - little heard of these days, but still as much a potential hazard as a saving grace.

As our Covid ballot experience shows us, we are a large enough populace to require an Election Week, not a single day on which voting can be difficult, and chicaneries can be committed and then not investigated, or will be resigned to by the "losers."

Let's go even further: the country was founded on representation in exchange for taxation.  Since compulsary taxes have multiplied under law, why should voting not be made compulsory for citizenship?  Streamline the physical process it and expand it, but make it a duty as enforceable as the Census. 

Edited by David Andrews

6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Woke up. Infinitely better for Biden! When I went to sleep Biden was down by 200k in Michigan, Now Biden Leads! 

Biden was down,I think 80K in Wisconsin, Biden Now Leads!

But more importantly, I'm going 49 for 49 in prediction which would leave only Pennsylvania, which even if it did go to Trump. Biden Wins!

Heh heh

I think Biden will beat Trump by more than HC beat Trump, probably by 4 million votes. I believe they don't show all the California totals yet. And since there are several million early cast votes left in all states, which are heavily Democrat , Biden will add to his overall popular vote lead!

It's important that Trump Fox viewers have seen that, at no time during these election results has Biden not lead! So we're not going to have this expectation game for Republicans that they had with Bush in 2000!

Biden's popular vote winning margin is currently right at 3 million. More than Hillary's 2.9 million in 2016.

California still has 1/3rd of it's vote to count. With just 66% of California's votes counted Biden leads 7,740,000 to Trump's 3,920,000. That's a 33% victory margin.

With almost 4 million more California ballots to be counted, this percentage difference should equate into another 2.5 million votes in Biden's popular vote total.

I may be just losing my mind here but ...

We just saw MSNBC declare Michigan for Biden.

And this supposedly increased Biden's electoral vote total to 263 according to them and the Associated Press.

On the AP "Election Results" website they also show Biden with 248 electoral votes. Not yet counting Michigan's 16 new ones.

When they do add Michigan, their total would be one more than CNN's total count.

Which is it?

Is it true that Biden only gets 3 of the 4 electoral votes coming from Maine? 

If so, this could explain them showing Biden with one less electoral vote than AP.

With 263 electoral votes, even if Biden wins Nevada's 6 electoral votes, he still can't hit 270 electoral votes and his total would be one short at 269?

I have double checked the total of electoral votes Trump would win if Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia and Alaska all go for him. But not Nevada.

With Maine's one electoral vote added to these four states this would add 45 electoral votes to Trump.  His electoral vote total would also be 269.

My ulcers are already killing me the last 24 hours, and this possible new craziness with a tie in the electoral college has me about ready to drive down to our shoreline and throw myself into the water.  Can anyone clear up this possible electoral math conundrum?

UPDATE:

Just read where Biden will be getting one of Nebraska's electoral college votes!

If true and Biden wins Michigan and Nevada...he wins the electoral vote with 270!

Edited by Joe Bauer

Is it possible Trump has won? If you use your sharp analytical minds that have yielded so much solid research on here, put passions and loyalties aside, put Fox & CNN aside, what are your eyes and mind telling you? 

If its a tie it goes to the House.

I think good ole Nancy might have something to say about it.

But this is another reason we need to dump the EC.  No state should be able to determine how many electors go for one or the other candidate.  It should have never been used if you ask me.

7 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

But this is another reason we need to dump the EC.  No state should be able to determine how many electors go for one or the other candidate.  It should have never been used if you ask me.

My wife just reminded me that Biden got one electoral vote from Nebraska!

If that is true then Biden wins 270 if he wins Nevada and Michigan.

7 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

13 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Like Britain's proportional representation system, it's almost completely redundant. The USA is the most powerful country on earth and every other country is watching and thinking, this all looks so corrupt. 

Biden appears to have 270, regardless of what happens in Georgia and Pennsylvania.

AZ's 11 + NV's 6.  253+17= 270.

Our national Trump nightmare is almost over.

MIchigan just called for Biden by Associated Press.

With Michigan's 16 electoral votes that puts Biden at 264.

If Nevada keeps it's Biden majority vote count...Biden will garner their 6 electoral votes and win the Presidency with a count of 270.

Trump, his people and backers are in absolutely frantic mode right now.

As they should be.

Once Trump is out of office Bill Barr can't protect him anymore from all the lawsuits and criminal charges. And Douche Bank said they will forclose on his $400 million dollar dept and begin seizing his assests if he stalls or reneges on paying.

Trump's kids will have to go back to their family business jobs.

All of Trump's staff will be scrambling too.  And with the taint of enabling the worst president in our history. Rudy Guiliani might have to go incognito as "Judy" again to avoid the negative Trump association spotlight.

"President Biden."    Sounds pretty good to me.

20 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Biden appears to have 270, regardless of what happens in Georgia and Pennsylvania.

AZ's 11 + NV's 6.  253+17= 270.

Our national Trump nightmare is almost over.

Agree.