The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

7 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Joe,

America disappointed me tonight.

I've been disappointed since the 1960's.

Steve Thomas

Cheer up - it's currently only slightly more than half as insane as Trumpfinger.

Though we just lost Texas, so I'll have to recalculate.

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

The thing is Dave, Biden came kind of close in Texas.  And Texas is much bigger than Georgia.

Maybe Beto  was right.

But I do think Beto  is the next governor.  And when Texas goes blue, it will be blue for awhile.

Edited by James DiEugenio

38 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

The thing is Dave, Biden came kind of close in Texas.  And Texas is much bigger than Georgia.

Maybe Beto  was right.

But I do think Beto  is the next governor.  And when Texas goes blue, it will be blue for awhile.

Ah...he was marginally closer in Florida, which was called at an estimated 96% popular vote count.  Texas was called at an 82% count.  Wisconsin's still holding out at an 86% count.

I see your point about the future.  I'm just bitching about how Biden should have prevailed, quickly, in Texas - for the next four years.

I'm going to go watch some of the new remake of Rebecca.  Maybe the house doesn't burn down in this one.

Edited by David Andrews

Exit polling. Exit polling in this country is a sick joke. Internationally, NGO election integrity watchdogs poll simply and robustly. Here, polling is done by a media consortium, such as Edison Research.  The main point of it is marketing, and not the validity of the tabulation. The raw data is proprietary, and vanishes or is altered to match the announced vote counts. Going back to at least 2004.

Hand-marked paper ballots counted locally in public. Hand-marked paper ballots counted locally in public. Hand-marked paper ballots counted locally in public.

I agree George but Florida was a twofer.  Bush stole the election, and we got Diebold.

BTW, Van Jones and Cenk Uygur both think Biden will still win.

THere might be people in the streets soon.  You know Roger Stone's Cubans?

I just figured out why Trump went on TV to try and stop the election.

Its just arithmetic.  Van Jones and Cenk U are both correct.  Biden can win.  This is how.

This is what Cenk and Van are talking about. Biden will take Nevada, Arizona and Maine. That will bring him up to 246. Which is better than HRC did. Florida, Georgia and N. Carolina are all close. The last two are within two points. If Biden takes those two, he wins. Or if he takes Florida alone, he wins.  Therefore, if Trump can stop the absentee ballot counting he is home free.  If not, Biden can win.

8 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Bloomberg donated millions to expand voting rights in Florida.  I can't believe he did that for a Trump win.  But I also can't believe Florida went for Obama twice but not once for Biden-Harris, repeating 2016.

If Biden had taken Texas by now (12:50 AM, EDT), that and his leads in Arizona and Maine could have conceivably got him over 270, the other states not yet reporting.  Then Trump would have had to spend days, at least, counting late ballots.

The Presidential election has 10X the import versus the Democratic primaries.

Bloomberg spending 10X less on the Presidential election than he did on the primary election defies logic.

850 million more in the Presidential election gets the Denmocrats quite likely North Carolina and maybe Wisconsin and the Maine senate seat.

And Bloomberg's 100 million in Florida wasn't even enough to swing that state.

Can you name one state that was swung or one senate seat that was won because of Bloomberg's comparatively meager ( Presidential election versus the Democratic primaries ) financial commitment?

Edited by Joe Bauer

There is a live stream from Philly, they are still counting votes at 5:30AM. The polls have been closed for about 9 hours.  That means the number of absentee ballots much have been enormous.

Donald Trump has declared that he won the election and demanded that the vote counting be stopped.

Since legally he can't do that, the only reason for doing so is that he has opened the door for civil unrest.

Donald Trump is trying to induce insurrection, so that he can invoke the Insurrection Act and declare martial law.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald Trump has declared that he won the election and demanded that the vote counting be stopped.

Since legally he can't do that, the only reason for doing so is that he has opened the door for civil unrest.

Donald Trump is trying to induce insurrection, so that he can invoke the Insurrection Act and declare martial law.

Steve Thomas

You can't open a door that's already open, Steve. 🙂

Roger Stone Calls For Trump To ‘Declare Martial Law’ To Seize Power If He Loses

By Mary Papenfuss 09/12/2020

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roger-stone-martial-law-donald-trump-election_n_5f5d3e28c5b62874bc1dd6d2?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAD1o5Apvww7J37g-qC8ID4YeSFyFLtYFp8ZnKKCKzJHtxeHN8vP4wXplxbKa8H9AiEBQzVpCLy5BLd73l0Zl7FIsnAGoCuJ149WmQKcZXZj8blH4vmH0ab-x3LvHYx57DFKSl4divNQSwrf3e1e1Z7E_SuJ8ZfYhEOAPawy6joLE

“Long-time Donald Trump confidant, and convicted felon, Roger Stone said that the president should declare “martial law” to seize power if he loses what Stone characterized as an already corrupt election.

The results will only be legitimate if the “real winner” — Trump — takes office, regardless of what the votes say, Stone declared. A loss would apparently be justification for Trump to use force to take over the nation.

Stone, who worked as an adviser in the last Trump campaign, made the astonishing statements Thursday on the InfoWars program of far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Both men talked of an ongoing “coup” against Trump…”

“Stone appeared resigned to a Trump loss — but blamed it on the baseless claim that early voting has already been “corrupted.”

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power, Media Matters first reported.”

“While such off-the-rail suggestions could easily be shrugged off from most, Stone is a high-profile friend of the president and has his ear, critics fear. Harvard law professor and Constitutional expert Laurence Tribe warned that Stone’s “advocacy of totalitarian takeover by Trump has to be taken seriously.”

- more-

Steve Thomas

Woke up. Infinitely better for Biden! When I went to sleep Biden was down by 200k in Michigan, Now Biden Leads! 

Biden was down,I think 80K in Wisconsin, Biden Now Leads!

But more importantly, I'm going 49 for 49 in prediction which would leave only Pennsylvania, which even if it did go to Trump. Biden Wins!

Heh heh

I think Biden will beat Trump by more than HC beat Trump, probably by 4 million votes. I believe they don't show all the California totals yet. And since there are several million early cast votes left in all states, which are heavily Democrat , Biden will add to his overall popular vote lead!

It's important that Trump Fox viewers have seen that, at no time during these election results has Biden not lead! So we're not going to have this expectation game for Republicans that they had with Bush in 2000!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

26 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Is it possible that even Donald Trump underestimated how stupid and authoritarian Americans are?

Andrew,

Four years ago, Donald Trump said, "I could shoot somebody on Fifth Ave,, and I wouldn't lose any votes."

He has now killed 225,000 of us, and he still hasn't lost any votes.

How high will will we let the body count go?

Steve Thomas