The Education Forum

Buell Wesley Frazier

Paul wrote:

“When I read that testimony by Buell Wesley Frazier, I had to read it again -- then again.   The language for 1964 appeared odd to me, and then I checked to see whether Frazier was ever married or had children, or even a girl friend.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but I found none.   I'm not a homophobe -- far from it -- but I think it is not only interesting, but relevant if Frazier was attracted or hopeful about Lee Harvey Oswald -- it could certainly help to explain his behavioral motivation on 11/22/1963.”

This is interesting: All the bios I can easily find have Buell Wesley Frazier married to Beverly J. Frazier from June 7, 1962, to November 20, 1987. This marriage date doesn’t seem to make sense. 

I seem to remember reading that Wesley's son had recently been showing up at JFK assassination gatherings. 

It might be worth checking out, Paul.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/11/2012 at 11:20 AM, Josh Cron said:

I apologize if this has been posted before. A quick search did not reveal it.

In the video, Frazier says he was arrested by two detectives at his home, who then told Fritz that he was being honest and didn't know anything, but that this was not accepted. Frazier then reveals the police tried to force him to sign a confession admitting he assisted in the assassination.

http://www.primecollective.com/buell-frazier/

Josh,

I was working on something else, and was rather startled to find that there is no record of an interview with Buell Wesley Frazier in the DPD Archives JFK Collection.

We have his affidavit, and his WC testimony,  and a reference to a poygraph in Guy Rose's Report, but there is no interview record in the hours he spent between 6:45 PM when he was arrested until sometime after midnight when they let him go.

I was surprised.

Steve Thomas

Re: Buell Wesley Frazier's wife, the following is from: 
http://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t1456p200-buell-wesley-frazier-wheres-your-rider-part-a

Terry Martin:

“I came across something a little odd. A short bio of BWF at IMDB says he married Beverly J on June 7th, 1962.

Is that correct? So why wasn't he living with his blushing bride or was he in the same sort of marital hot water as Oswald?”

Greg Parker:  

“Beverly Joan Frazier, born May, 1945, lives, Paris, Texas.

Buell was one of the few who was not asked about his marital statis [sic] by the WC…"

“One more thing... Frazier was brought down from Huntsville at around the time that a Dallas motorcade was given the go-ahead and the venue decided. At that point, the route was always going to take JFK past the book depository. There is also the discrepancy about how Frazier got the job. He claimed he got it through an Irving employment agency. Linnie claimed she suggested it to him. Not aware of any evidence the TSBD even used any employment agencies, but I believe they may have used the TEC In any case, I have long suspected that Wes was placed in there as part of the overall plan.”

Ed Ledoux:

“Seems contagious.
Paines separate Sept.
Oswalds separate Sept.
Wesley separates Sept

Hmmmm me see a pattern.”

Buell Wesley Frazier bio from IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0292642/bio 

Edited by Tom Hume

On 2/4/2018 at 11:04 PM, Paul Trejo said:

Mark,

Actually there is ample evidence that Buell Wesley Frazier was attracted in a romantic way to Lee Harvey Oswald -- and the evidence is right in Frazier's WC testimony.    I posted that last year on thisForum, did you miss it?   Would you like to see it again?

Now -- if Buell Wesley Frazier should announce that he never was gay in his life -- and denies my reading of his WC testimony, then I will -- in respect of common courtesy -- publicly apologize to Buell Wesley Frazier, of course.

I agree that my reading of his WC testimony is speculative, because the situation is only hinted at, instead of directly stated -- but n 1963, nobody would directly admit he was homosexual -- not General Walker, not J. Edgar Hoover -- nobody.

We live in very different times -- thanks in part to JFK.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I'd like to see that post.  Where exactly is the suppositional background for this claim that master spy LHO was exuding seductive vibes toward a 19-year-old hayseed that he had known for just over a month, and that they were returned?  There's enough weirdness in the Paine-Randle neighborhood.

Edited by David Andrews

6 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Pat,

I'm impressed that you have a direct line to Buell Wesley Frazier -- one of the final remaining WC witnesses.   I hope you can publish something about Frazier one day.   In any case, would you kindly comment on this part of his WC testimony?

Mr. BALL - Did Shelly introduce you to him or did you go up and shake hands with him?

Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; he didn't. I remember, I knew, you know that he was going to be coming to work so naturally I hadn't been there very long, you know, living in Dallas and so I wanted to make friends with everybody I could, because you know yourself friendship is something you can't buy with money and you always need friends, so I went up and introduced and he told me his name was Lee and I said "We are glad to have you."  We got talking back and forth and he come to find out I knew his wife was staying there at the time with this other woman, and so I thought he would go out there and I said, "Are you going to be going home this afternoon?"  And he told me then, he told me that he didn't have a car, you know, and so I told him. I said, "Well, I live out there in Irving,"- I found out he lived out there and so I said, "Any time you want to go just let me know."  So I thought he would go home every day like most men do but he told me no, that he wouldn't go home every day and then he asked me could he ride home say like Friday afternoon on weekends and come back on Monday morning and I told him that would be just fine with me.  I told him if he wanted a ride any other time just let me know before I go off and leave him because when it comes to quitting time some of these guys, you know, some of them mess around the bathroom, and some of them quit early, and some of them like that, and some leave at different times than others.  But I said from talking to him then, I say, he just wanted to ride home on weekends with me and I said that was fine.

Mr. BALL - Did he say at that time he was living in Dallas, he had a room in Dallas?

Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; he did. He had an apartment.

When I read that testimony by Buell Wesley Frazier, I had to read it again -- then again.   The language for 1964 appeared odd to me, and then I checked to see whether Frazier was ever married or had children, or even a girl friend.  Maybe I'm mistaken, but I found none.   I'm not a homophobe -- far from it -- but I think it is not only interesting, but relevant if Frazier was attracted or hopeful about Lee Harvey Oswald -- it could certainly help to explain his behavioral motivation on 11/22/1963.

If I'm mistaken, I'll retract my opinion publicly.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

That is the most twisted interpretation of simple language I have ever seen. Wes Frazier was telling them that some men had a habit of going to the rest room after quitting time, and that if Oswald needed a ride to Irving, he should tell Frazier in advance so Frazier doesn't leave without Oswald.

No more. No less.

To read homosexual attraction into that, one would need to have a very twisted and depraved mind.

3 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

That is the most twisted interpretation of simple language I have ever seen. Wes Frazier was telling them that some men had a habit of going to the rest room after quitting time, and that if Oswald needed a ride to Irving, he should tell Frazier in advance so Frazier doesn't leave without Oswald.

No more. No less.

To read homosexual attraction into that, one would need to have a very twisted and depraved mind.

Mark,

You are also welcome to your interpretation of Frazier's text as I quoted it verbatim above.    David Andrews has his own interpretation as well.

Sincerely,
--Paul Trejo

It sounds like Buell just wanted to nail down his Friday night schedule, since he was doing Oswald a favor and trying to make a friend.  Plus he's trying to convince the WC of his good motives and character.  Would anybody elaborate this much about their view of life if they weren't on the witness stand?

Buell's spoken kindly of Oswald on other occasions.  Maybe Buell wanted a friend who wasn't heedless and rude like his co-workers.  Maybe Buell imagined that he'd meet the literati while working at a textbook depository - I've been about that dumb before. 

Other oddities in the Randle household seem more pertinent.  I'd be more impressed if we discovered unusual connections between the Frazier-Randles and other conspirators.

Edited by David Andrews

The highest value gift in this mostly friendship starved world of ours is an offer of such from one human being to another, beyond blood family, for no reason other than pure unselfish humanitarian goodness.

Buell Wesley Frazier offered this to Lee Harvey Oswald ( not an easy person to even be around ) just out of the innocent goodness of his unsophisticated heart and moral make up.

Beull Wesley Frazier was the opposite of everything Oswald criticized regards our society and it's values.

Frazier offered and gave Oswald real and tangible help in the transportation area  ( not to mention his kind words of greeting the first time he met him on the job ) out of simple unselfish altruism and even has defended Oswald most of his entire life, pointing out Lee's good character traits such as being kind toward children.  I hope Oswald thanked Frazier personally for his ride help and maybe offered him a dollar now and then for shared gas cost help.

You can have so-called higher educated and more sophisticated co-workers who would pretend not to even see you walking to a distant bus stop after a hard day of work ( in maybe harsh weather or in the Winter dark) and purposely avoiding offering you a ride when they know they are going in the same direction. ( with women to men exceptions. )

I learned long ago who is worthy of my respect and admiration in this world. And it is way more often than not the lower income people who extend a friendship helping hand when they see and feel you need this.

Frazier a "Hayseed?"  I'll take hanging with a hayseed with a compassionate and basic needs sharing heart any day over the company of so-called educated people who could care less about others right around them in their time of need.

IMO Buell Wesley Frazier is a breath of fresh good humanity air in this whole story. 

Time to give him his proper and justly deserved due.

Edited by Joe Bauer

-- And then he ratted Oswald out on the paper bag thing.

Hank Williams Lyrics

\  
"Be Careful Of Stones That You Throw"

[SPOKEN]
A neighbor was passing my garden one time
She stopped and I knew right away
That it was gossip, not flowers, she had on her mind
And this is what I heard my neighbor say:

"That girl down the street should be run from our midst
She drinks and she talks quite a lot
She knows not to speak to my child or to me."
My neighbor then smiled and I thought:

[CHORUS]
A tongue can accuse and carry bad news
The seeds of distrust, it will sow
But unless you've made no mistakes in your life
Be careful of stones that you throw.

[SPOKEN]
A car speeded by and the screamin' of brakes
A sound that made my blood chill
For my neighbor's one child had been pulled from the path
And saved by a girl lying still.

The child was unhurt and my neighbor cried out:
"Oh! who was that brave girl so sweet?"
I covered the crushed, broken body and said:
"The bad girl who lived down the street."

[CHORUS]
A tongue can accuse and carry bad news
The seeds of distrust, it will sow
But unless you've made no mistakes in your life
Be careful of stones that you throw.

Edited by David Andrews

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Tom Hume said:

On March 27, 2013, referring to Wesley Frazier, John Dolva asked this question on this very thread:

“Can someone ask him if he knows who James Branum is/was?”

John asked this question at least ten times on various threads (without response), and he was interested in an anomaly he found that appears to be associated with Buell Wesley Frazier’s written statement to the Dallas Police. 

Below are five consecutive links. The first four are Wesley’s written statement, and attached, without explanation apparently, is a fifth gif, something that might be called the “James Branum Doodle”.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-001.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-002.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-003.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-004.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-005.gif

0124-005.jpg

Did Lee Oswald give this doodle to Wesley? Was it found in the backseat of Wesley’s car? What is it, and why did the Dallas Police think it important enough to photograph it and attach it to Wesley’s written statement (if that’s indeed what happened)?

I’ll rephrase John Dolva’s old and somewhat ubiquitous question: If the opportunity arises, could someone please ask Wesley Frazier about this doodle?

Tom

What is it?  The top part is a building taller than one story on a curved street.  From it a shot (line) is fired leading toward a target off of a corner of an intersection below in part two.  But also in part two a shot (line) is fired from across the intersection into an actual target. The bottom part ???, but stairs are involved.  

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your input on the James Branum Doodle. 

My reason for posting the doodle was to echo John Dolva’s suggestion that Buell Wesley Frazier be asked about it, hopefully in person so as to get a spontaneous reaction.

Although the doodle is sort-of on topic with this thread, if you’re interested in pursuing a solution, and I hope you are, you could copy your post above to a thread I started a couple of years ago, and we could all kick it around over there. And by the way, my first and only post on that thread was written when the Doodle was new to me - my take on it has evolved a bit. 

Tom

20 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

What is it?  The top part is a building taller than one story on a curved street.  From it a shot (line) is fired leading toward a target off of a corner of an intersection below in part two.  But also in part two a shot (line) is fired from across the intersection into an actual target. The bottom part ???, but stairs are involved.  

Ron, 

First of all -- I thought little of the James Branum Doodle until I read your description, then I looked at it again -- and it was entirely clear that you're right.

It's a doodle of the JFK Assassination at Dealy Plaza.    So, you've answered the WHAT and the WHERE.

Next, the most important question to me is WHEN this was drawn.    The next question is WHO drew it.   The next question is WHY?

Perhaps Pat Speer can ask Buell Wesley Frazier if he drew it -- the handwriting MIGHT be his.

If so, then WHEN -- and WHY?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 3 months later...

Most likely old news, or irrelevant; - ( I wouldn't know) . Just finding it interesting. Reading Frazier's account to a Norwegian newspaper. (Two of the major newspapers here, published several articles / clips etc.  - on the occasion of the 50th. anniversary , in 2013.)

------------------------------------------

- "Frazier was perhaps the last person to talk to Oswald before he killed President Kennedy". The 69 - year - old, tells the newspaper. (November 9th. 2013).

- Was on his way home from work, after Lee had been arrested.

Interrogations at the DPD :

- "They knew I knew Lee. They wanted to know if I was aware of his plans (to shoot JFK). I explained to them, how he had behaved that day, - but made them aware that I had no idea of what he had done."

- Detectives told him "We will let you go home now". But before he was allowed to leave,- Fritz came in with the document, which he wanted him to sign.

- "I passed the polygraph with flying colors. I repeated several times, - that I had nothing to do with this."

- "Late in the evening, when I got back to the hospital, - I saw that my car had been "gone through" by the Police". (Looked like a mess).

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

• 11 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 1:24 PM, Tom Hume said:

On March 27, 2013, referring to Wesley Frazier, John Dolva asked this question on this very thread:

“Can someone ask him if he knows who James Branum is/was?”

John asked this question at least ten times on various threads (without response), and he was interested in an anomaly he found that appears to be associated with Buell Wesley Frazier’s written statement to the Dallas Police. 

Below are five consecutive links. The first four are Wesley’s written statement, and attached, without explanation apparently, is a fifth gif, something that might be called the “James Branum Doodle”.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-001.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-002.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-003.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-004.gif
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/01/0124-005.gif

0124-005.jpg

Did Lee Oswald give this doodle to Wesley? Was it found in the backseat of Wesley’s car? What is it, and why did the Dallas Police think it important enough to photograph it and attach it to Wesley’s written statement (if that’s indeed what happened)?

I’ll rephrase John Dolva’s old and somewhat ubiquitous question: If the opportunity arises, could someone please ask Wesley Frazier about this doodle?

Tom

Could it be a map of Dealey Plaza, detailing possible firing locations and sight lines?

I don't know - I am just speculating. I have never seen this before, but that's it looks like to me.